Old 04-07-2017, 08:59 AM   #4047
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
I hope that you didn't get "hosed" too badly by the snake. I like the border idea. Garage sale dishes would work just fine. They don't have to match after all. See you in 8 weeks.

Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:44 AM   #4048
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
A learning experience, for me and others who needed to know what these people, and one in particular, are about.

Sometimes, we need to know things about others, and learn the hard way.

It is Friday, so little house is cleaned, and I have added a bit more paint to my mailbox...going for a sand and sea effect.

Time to clean the front porch, put it up, and my new mat out.

Maggie

Old 04-07-2017, 12:49 PM   #4049
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
The delightful women from Long Island, who I met on Tybee Island and invited me to dinner, introduced me to "Honey Jack & Ginger"...Jack Daniels Honey and Gingerale, with a delicious, dark red and sweet cherry soaked in liquer dropped into it.

Yum. I had one of these almost every evening at daughter and SIL's house, and it has become a favorite evening beverage....singular, one only.

Visiting step daughter et al in Iowa City last weekend, and telling her about this drink, she had a jar of these for her occasional Manhattan....Luxardo cherries, dark cherries soaked in Luxardo maraschino cherry liquer.

Absurdly expensive, but about 10 steps up from your traditional maraschino cherry.

So, I got online and found a recipe, which I made this morning. Supposed to sit a day or two before use...Ill let you know how they taste.

A small jar of these retail is about $20...I made this, about 4 times that quantity, for about $20.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4525.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	282950  
Old 04-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #4050
Rivet Master

Hi Maggie. It saddens me to learn that, once again, you must deal with .... The creep who had haunted you in recent past. The sociopath, psychopaths seem to be relative to the everlasting "cockroach"! Just when you think they are dealt with and are eradicated for good, you find that...no, they only hid away in the deep recesses of old walls, gaining in strength and numbers, till they reappear with vicious reinforcements!

I've no doubt, that given the strong morals and principles and goodness that are you....you will dispatch them ....once and for all! Evil seeks out Good, in an attempt to ruin goodness in one and all! I believe firmly, that there is God, and in so believing in Him, am aware that Satan, demon, evil....also exist. I also firmly believe that to .... "Take on evilness, wherever it raises it's nasty snake head.....goodness, decency, honesty and virtue will always win! Never give in, Maggie. You are in my prayers. God bless you!

Indeed, when someone reveals a portion of their evil soul, believe that the rest of their soul is more corrupt. Leave them to boil in hell. Give them none of your precious attention or time.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #4051
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hmmm...likening some people to cockroaches is an interesting analogy. I'll remember that one.

Hardly perfect myself, it is not so much good and evil but doing what's right and...wrong.

I'm fine, really, Evelyn, but can always use and appreciate prayers.

Maggie
Old 04-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #4052
Rivet Master

You can count on it, Maggie! True, none of us are perfect, however, there is a huge difference between .....just being human, making small stumbles in life...and then, there are those who seem to take a warped pleasure in disturbing the peace and tranquility of others. They are ever present, and we all know them....sooner or later, they will reap as they sowe! There is a higher power they answer to in the end!

Have a wonderful day.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:25 PM   #4053
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Yes, there is always the karma thing, tho as the man said....sometimes you would like to order it up and have it delivered.

Been busy with the yard today, and my son came over to install a new doorbell for me....part of the sprucing up of my street side view.

The one there came with the house, 32 years ago, was cheap and nasty looking with my freshly painted mailbox and new door mat.

The new house numbers should be here this next week, and I will put them up all by myself.

I have hauled wood, raked and tidied and Preen'd and Miracle Gro'd flowering shrubs, and used my leaf blower to clean out the beds around the house.

Look at me honey, look how I'm doing all of this by myself.

A good feeling to look at the tangible, immediate results of ones labor.

Much better, but not done yet...tomorrow, will get the new saw out back and see how it does.

Warm and sunny today, and supposed to be mid-70's tomorrow before it cools off again for awhile.

Good weather for spring chores.

Maggie
Old 04-09-2017, 07:04 AM   #4054
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Having been tasted this morning, I pronounce the maraschino cherries I made the other day delicious.

Taste just like a good maraschino cherry, but richer in flavor and much prettier to look at, and just kind of fun.

http://www.thisgirlwalksintoabar.com...ozen-cherries/

I found a bottle of Dr. McGillicuddy's Cherry Liqueur, about 1/2 the price of Luxardo , so used that.

The recipe says to use "1 bag" of frozen, dark sweet cherries, but the small bags didn't seem like enough, the large maybe too much, so I used two of the small.

I think there is plenty enough liquid to do a large, 2lb bag, which is only 8 oz more than the two small.

Unless using the Luxardo, this large quantity can be made for under $20. The small jars of Luxardo Cherries are that much each.

The recipe also says these will keep about 2 weeks, but I feel certain they will keep much longer than that.

I did put mine in the frig this morning, and am also sending some to step-daughter to sample.

This would make lovely gifts in pretty jars, and the syrup would make a beautiful trifle.

There is something about alcohol-soaked fruits that calls to me.

Sun is shining, going to be warm, more yard work, and dinner with son/his...for which I have just made Ree Drummond's Pots de Creme.... minus the brandy.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r.../pots-de-creme

Maggie
Old 04-09-2017, 07:42 AM   #4055
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Maggie, you are going to have alot of visitors at Moraine View and I'm camped next door.
mike
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:10 AM   #4056
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I have a jar of Rumtopf that I've saved for MV, too....we will need vanilla ice cream, maybe pound cake.

I served it with pound cake and whipped cream at CanOpener, and they ate all the Rumtopf.

It was really good, and my friend Val is already making it again this year. She likes it best made with dark rum.

Maggie
Old 04-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #4057
Rivet Master

Good morning Maggie. It seems there will be many "happy palates" at the MV, thanks to you! Have a great day!
Old 04-09-2017, 11:07 AM   #4058
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Probably so, as the Bourbon Cherries went over very well a couple of years ago.

Reciprocating saw and I have tackled the far back this morning, and it is greatly improved.

I also neither cut myself nor sent anything flying into my eyes.

Much better, but a couple of hours of that, then cleaning it all up, and I am ready to quit.

The saw doesn't cut as cleanly as I would like, tho maybe I am not using it quite properly, or need a different blade....it did do a whole lot more than I could have managed by hand.

Look at me, honey! Look what I can do!!

Maggie
Old 04-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #4059
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
There is a blade that looks like a Swede saw blade available for the recip saw.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 05:54 PM   #4060
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, Gerard, I will look for that.

My son and I took a spin in the RAV4, him driving, and he reminded me that my moon roof opens.

I've never had one before, and forgot that it wasn't just a window over my head.

He loved the new car, and found it plenty roomy for his 6'3" frame. Important when you are that tall, to have leg room.

The pots de creme was consumed to include scraping every bit out of the glasses, and was a very simple dessert to make. I will do it again.

Been a busy few days, since the rains stopped, but I have gotten a lot done and things are looking more "tended to" than this time last week.

Doug is ever in my thoughts, as I move thru these chores we always did together, but I can just see him..pursing his lips in a wry smile, and nodding his head in approval. Sigh.

Maggie