1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Are we there yet????

Old 02-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #3810
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We are, and I am just sitting down to look at news and get on here.

Only about a 45 minute drive up from NJ this morning, on the Palisades Parkway and 9W, through Cornwall, founded in 1685 I believe.

Met them at the house after closing, we went out to lunch, they returned to the city and I drove out to get a few days worth of groceries...because, that's what Mothers do.

It's quiet here in New Windsor, but out toward the major highways, where everything is, there is lots of traffic.

There are lots of old stone fences around here, and signs from the Revolution and other early goings on in these parts.....going to be fun to do some exploring when the dust has settled.

They will be up with the movers tomorrow sometime. and I will have everything here ready for them when they arrive.

I have had an early soak in the tub and am thinking of something alcoholic to celebrate getting all the way up here in INSANE traffic in one piece, and without a scratch.

Lily and I are both tired, but it is good to be here and I am delighted to be able to share in their excitement and help them get settled in.

Both are off til Tuesday, so between us they should be fairly well up and running by then.

Going to read a bit, relax and likely be down for the night rather early.

I'll get a picture tomorrow.

Maggie

Old 02-17-2017, 06:34 PM   #3811
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Bay City , Oregon
Yeah!!! I'll be here, waiting... this is fun, even though I'm just an observer!!! I'm loving it!!! Hugs and love to you two and to the kids..New home is exciting for all!!
Old 02-18-2017, 06:38 PM   #3812
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
A long and tiring day, but they are in and we have started to unpack.

It is, of course, pure chaos in the house , but Lily and I have our own quiet little spot out in the driveway.

SIL's mother and grandmother came up, too, to celebrate the new house and for Abuela to cook favorite Puerto Rican dishes for her beloved grandson.

We shared a bottle of champagne and a communally prepared meal, and are now all just about ready for bed.

Backs are sore, and we are each quite pooped, but it is good.

I now have my own Blue Lives Matter tshirt, too, courtesy of sweet SIL.

Lily and the cat didn't have any spats, but she and the English Bulldog did a dance or two.

Quite an assault on the senses for all the animals, but they will adjust.

Off to bed...

Maggie
Old 02-18-2017, 08:11 PM   #3813
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Bay City , Oregon
Is that, the shirt is blue?? Or the lives are blue??? I'm confused.. good it's going so well... I'd have loved to be eating that dinner with you guys... I bet it was great!!! I can see you and Lily tucked in your little home on wheels... keep having fun!! We're watching!!! Hugs and love...
Old 02-19-2017, 03:51 AM   #3814
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Blue Lives refers to law enforcement, which SIL is....I think the blue refers to their uniforms, which for those on the street is universally dark blue.

County and State Police generally wear khaki, FBI and perhaps others wear black, but I'm sure the reference is meant to cover all of law enforcement, wherever and whomever they serve.

I will cherish it.

Maggie
Old 02-19-2017, 06:34 AM   #3815
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Bay City , Oregon
Good morning Maggie ... thx for the explanation.. I do know that... I must have been brain dead when I ask... and you're still up early, even after working so hard yesterday.. ready to enjoy your family and the new house!!.. hugs and love from out here...
Old 02-19-2017, 06:57 AM   #3816
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair, PA/Titusville, FL , PA-Summer/FL-Winter
All LEOs worldwide are now considered "Blue", and yes their lives DO matter. Thank your SIL and daughter for their service.

Bud
2017 30' Classic - F350 6.7 Diesel Crew
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:54 AM   #3817
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I'll do that, Bud.

SIL is one of the good guys, and I would trust him with my life and/or follow him out of a burning building....only he, Doug and a few other men I know that would make that list.

We cooked a big breakfast, then tore back into things this morning and it's beginning to come together in this lovely house.

Kitchen is fairly well up and running, and we're starting to see daylight as we get boxes out of here.

Some are now having lunch, most of us are having a mixed drink.

I bought a bottle of Honey Jack Daniels yesterday, and am having that with ginger ale...yum.

Maggie
Old 02-19-2017, 11:28 AM   #3818
Rivet Master

Good morning, Maggie. Seems you and family are having fun. Jack Daniels before noon? It must be 5 o'clock some where! LOL! Give my congratulations to the "kids" on their new home and hope they make beautiful memories there!

So nice that SIL's mom and g-mom were able to join in, as well. Ask SIL where I might obtain a blue lives matter tshirt. I would love to have one and wear it proudly in support LOE everywhere.

After your charge north thru all the traffic, you must be ready to sit still for a few days. Glad you had no problems with the weather. You're getting very good at dodging it. Good for you. Rest, enjoy the family, give Lily a hug from Mikki. Evelyn.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #3819
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We're on EST here, Evelyn...about 1:00 when I had that drink, and it was really delicious.

We are having a nice time, all together...multi generational, and multi cultural.

SIL's grandmother was born in Puerto Rico and speaks mostly Spanish... in a steady stream...with just a little English here and there. She's a sweetheart, and we women have gotten a great deal done.

This is a house filed with light, which is such a change for them after an apartment in Brooklyn with little getting thru the windows onto the city.

The windows throughout the house are only lightly dressed, there is the large sun room, and skylights,

They are all going to WalMart in a bit, I am going to stay here, relax a little, and let Lily have a nap...no napping going on in a strange place, where she must follow and remain near me to be comfortable.

Maggie
Old 02-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #3820
Rivet Master

1961 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
What a great welcome for your daughter and son in law to their new home.

What 4 ladies, and a man can accomplish over a long weekend sure gets them settled in nicely.

Great memory making and another destination for you and Lily.

Enjoy your visit.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #3821
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thank you....it was a very busy and productive weekend.

SIL's mother and Abuela headed back to the city today, and darling daughter and I have just picked out a sectional for their great room.

It's all coming together very nicely.

Maggie
Old 02-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #3822
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Nothing much to report, just checking in...

Putting away, sorting, straightening, did a bit of shopping, etc.

They both go back to work tomorrow, via the trains, I will do labs and poke around some on my own.

Lily hates me to leave with my daughter without her...she sits herself by the glass front door, and there she stays until I return.

We were gone about 3 hours this afternoon, and she never moved from the door per SIL.

At any rate, all is well, we are doing moving in things, SIL is getting all the electronics installed, up and running, and I am now connected to their wifi.

A beautiful, older neighborhood this house is in....all the homes built at the same time, many in the same style as this one. Well kept, neighbors are friendly.

There is a huge, old home up on a hill on the street you turn into this one from, and I suspect this was all part of some grand estate many years ago...as that's how they did it, the main house on a hill where they could see what was going on in the fields below them.

We passed on a highway somewhere today a small, very old, house built completely of stone...all the walls appeared intact, windows, door and roof were gone.

Could have been a residence, but it was more in the style of a school or church, with windows in rows on each side.

I loved it, reminded me of Ireland.

Going to start cooking dinner....

Maggie