Old 12-10-2016, 11:34 AM   #3431
Rivet Master

1961 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
Thx for the encouragement Maggie. The candles look great and I really like those nice thick bumble bee glasses.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:44 PM   #3432
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
My grands had their Christmas program at church this morning, where the amazing Miss Emma got to strut her stuff a bit...such a natural born performer.

My son and his family transferred from a more traditional church to this one 3+ years ago...full of families in their 20's, 30's and 40's, college students, and young married couples... where a blue-jeaned pastor and his wife lead a Christian rock band in unconventional hymns.

Lots of lights, music and sound, smiling faces, warm hugs, and solid, comfortable relationships.

I got to take a newborn from a busy dad of three, play with her a bit and then ease her to sleep while he tended to the older ones and other things...the mom and grandma in me knew just what to do, and I loved it.

A very relaxed, friendly, inclusive and unconditional atmosphere...not at all like the church they used to attend, nor the one I grew up in, stiff with protocol and rigid expectations, but one which suits them at this point in their lives to an absolute "T".

A spiritual person, I, but not a churchgoer, I am happy for my son and his family, and see how this church family rounds out the corners of all of their lives.

Over 1400 flights out of Chicago OHare cancelled at this time, due to a major snowstorm.

I'm supposed to fly out of there on Wednesday, to visit daughter and SIL in NYC...we'll see.

Predicting single digit temps here later this week, and it seems I'm going to have my first severe winter to contend with since Doug died.

It's been a year of physical challenges, corners turned, and a few unexpected events...one of those years when the stars did not align, everything did not beautifully come together, and all things did not end well.

Why should this winter not reflect the past year?....it seems that it will.

I may not get to New York, and may not head south on January 1, as planned.

I'm prepared for it...stronger now than two years ago, ready for almost anything.

Maggie

Old 12-11-2016, 07:13 PM   #3433
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Hi Maggie... yes, looks like it's going to be a very chilly week... not so bad here, on the coast.. cold nights.. even some non rainy days expected!!! Wowowow!!! The rest of the country doesn't look so fortunate... If you stay home, I bet something good will come of it.... just a feeling...

Ok my sweet friend... enjoy, be happy, have fun!!!! Hugs and love from out here...
Old 12-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #3434
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Not going to cancel yet, going to wait til Tuesday and see what's going on in Chicago.

Going to be CRAZY COLD here...single digits.

Maggie
Old 12-11-2016, 08:13 PM   #3435
Rivet Master

Maggie, I know you want to follow through with your plans, and hope it all works out for you. And it will.....IF IT IS MEANT TO BE! If not, then, THAT is what is meant to be.

Perhaps, your safety will dictate the terms for you. We never know when our Angels will change our plans to protect us. We just need to listen...and just Be STILL!

However things work out for you....be sensitive to your Angels and to your Spirits. Then all will be well for you. God bless you, my good friend. Evelyn.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #3436
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thank you, Evelyn.

As it turns out, the backlog of flights in Chicago was cleared by this morning, and there is nothing else on its way in, so should be able to get out of here early Wednesday morning, as planned.

I have my son's car today, so Lily has had her shots, I have had a haircut, been to the store for a few things, popped into the pharmacy...in a bit off for a couple of gift cards, pick up an order, do labs, and volunteer work.

A full day, but I will then have tomorrow to pack and ready things to be gone for a week.

Sun is shining brightly...beautiful weather today for running errands, before the deep freeze later this week.

Doug would say..."Buddha smiles".

Maggie
Old 12-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #3437
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Buddha's crying out here!!! Hahaha...
Old 12-12-2016, 03:20 PM   #3438
Rivet Master

Good for you! Glad things are clearing and looks like your plans ....are meant to be, after all. The Angels must be smiling for you. Travel safely.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 12:56 PM   #3439
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Woke this morning to a steady snow falling...not much accumulation, but the temps have not gotten out of the low 20's today, so it basically froze where it landed and stayed there.

Lily and I had a brisk walk in the frozen sunshine, my first walk in the Yak-Trax on the snow and ice covered road and bike path.

No problem whatsoever, like walking on a clear surface. I am impressed, and think I will tuck them in my suitcase in case I need them in Chicago when I come back.

I'm basically packed, and Lily's go bag is ready and by the door with dog food, chew bones, etc.

She was quite excited to see me put all those things together to go to my son's house. Booger dog.

Not much going on, will be out of here 5am or so tomorrow, so will be back when I can.

Maggie
Old 12-13-2016, 03:40 PM   #3440
Rivet Master

1961 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
Maggie have a wonderful, exciting, safe, travel and visit with loved ones

Enjoy the big NYC, was one of my favorite places I have lived, and the visit with your/their car.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:02 PM   #3441
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, Hittenstiehl....it's going to be especially fun, because they just had an offer accepted on a really great little house in slightly upstate NY, near the Hudson.

It won't change their commute a whole lot, it will just be different.

I can't believe the amount of time people spend on trains out there, getting to/from work, and from one place to the next....it's just the way it is in the big city.

Inspection is Sunday morning, so I will get to go with them and see it.

Their first house, of course, so a really big step for both of them, but they loved this place, and I loved it, too, from the pictures. Meant to be.

It doesn't have a woodstove, but it does have two fireplaces.

It will be good to see them, and to see friends on the way in tomorrow. Looking forward to some me time.

I'm basically ready, hope I can sleep.

Maggie
Old 12-13-2016, 07:14 PM   #3442
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
When the self driving cars come into their own trains will become obsolete. The only problem that is solved by the trains now is the lack of parking. The car will get you there but then what? There's nowhere to leave it. An autonomous car will be like a taxi only cheaper.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:47 PM   #3443
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
We just reserved P18 at Moraine view. Looking fwd to seeing you again. It is June 2,3&4.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:26 AM   #3444
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Ummm, Jack moved that rally to the first weekend in June this year, but I have a family gathering that weekend every year and cannot be there...nor can many of the other regulars, so we are going to be there the second weekend in June, the 8-11th.

Would love to see you, so hope you can switch. If not, and you will be in the area a bit, we can get together after the rally.

If you look at last year's rally thread, that's where that information is.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...-a-144566.html

Maggie