Old 08-28-2016, 07:17 PM   #2871
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Hey, I often wear the same clothes while camping.... and is it the angle?? or is Evelyn's rig really that much bigger than yours!!!!! yikes!! yes I agree, some of that part of the country does look like the moon!!!!!

Old 08-28-2016, 08:51 PM   #2872
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Some of it is angle, but Evelyn's rig is 2 1/2 feet longer than mine, and a bit wider.

Her gas mileage is also not as good as mine, and her all-electric means her batteries suffer more when overnighting without hookups.

But, she has lots of other things mine doesn't have, and hers looks absolutely space-age in comparison.

Mine looks more like a deluxe camper van.

It's all good, we're having a nice time.

Evelyn and I are much different in many ways, also have many similarities. We just talk and talk and talk.

Coming back to the Interstate after wine-with-Evelyn a bit ago, a woman stopped and asked if she could see our rigs. We have created a bit of a stir everywhere we've pulled in, be that WalMart or a campground.

At any rate, she and her husband have an Airstream trailer, and are looking to downsize.

It's the trend, is the truth.

We have seen a lot of BVans on our way out, also a number of AS trailers...but many more vans.

Maggie

Old 08-29-2016, 09:28 AM   #2873
Rivet Master

Maggie's Interstate may not have all the bells and whistles, as does the newer and more "gussied up model", but, hers is more than easily managed into a site, AND does use a lot less diesel than my behemoth....AND it still looks brand new, especially from outside. She has one really HUGE advantage over me and my "Goliath".....hers is paid for....mine never will be. The bank will need to follow me into the afterlife....or it will one day be on sale when this (almost 78 year old) novice traveler runs out of steam....hopefully not too soon!!

I'm having too much fun, experiencing a different type of camping than before....and I loved it!

The lady did also came into my Goliath, and was very impressed by both of our rolling homes. She asked how to access the forum, so we may see her on there in the future. She indicated she will be talking to her husband about these rigs. She was also intrigued by the comraderie among the forum participants, how Maggie and I met, and our gathering coming up. She liked the idea of connection with kindred souls and new friends.
Onward! Evelyn.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:37 AM   #2874
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Bay City , Oregon
good morning all... hey Bob, good pics!!! that ice cream is 4 miles from my house!!! it's also sold in stores up here too... don't know if it's sold outside of Oregon??? I'm going to try to get up to Astoria Thursday, so I'll come looking for you Evelyn.... keep having fun!! hugs and love around... gail
Old 08-29-2016, 11:21 AM   #2875
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Happy 29th!

Doug's and my first date was December 29th, 1986.

For the next 27+ years, with very few exceptions, we always acknowledged the 29th of the month...sometimes forgetting, but not very often ...and sometimes would celebrate it with dinner out, a card, an email when we were still working and on opposing shifts, etc....or, he would surprise me with roses...just because.

A good man, my man, and the love of my life.

Gone but not forgotten, my copilot in solo life...

Happy 29th, honey!

Maggie
Old 08-29-2016, 01:32 PM   #2876
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Every 29th.....that is remarkable.

It takes a strong person to remember those dates, good and bad.

There are some dates/events that my mind just won't let me remember. Too sad.

So wonderful that you can remember the happy ones....and carry on.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:12 PM   #2877
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi FaN, and thanks...

I am in Oregon, soon in Washington State....

Maggie
Old 08-29-2016, 02:42 PM   #2878
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Look forward to hearing about "Shirley Valentine!"

I wish I could be there. (2016 was not a good year.)

Have fun.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:44 PM   #2879
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sorry to hear you won't get to Astoria, FaN, also that 2016 was not a good year for you

But, 2016 is not over quite yet....and my wish for you is that it improves.

My SIL bought me a tshirt from his precinct in NYC, it is on its way to me, and which Gail is going to accept delivery for sometime this week. I will wear it with pride for this good, good man, a police detective...who married my sweet daughter.

Cool enough here last night that I slept with the windows open and the vent fan on low...lovely. Hot today, but no humidity, so very comfortable. I really like the lack of humidity out here.

We decided to stay here a second night, after 3 days of driving, and Evelyn and I have spent the day visiting...never seeming to run out of things to talk about ...and she averted a potential crisis with a leaking propane valve via the help of a friendly neighbor. Yikes, could have been bad.

A typically beautiful and well maintained COE campground, the roads here are also paved and level, so I pumped up my bicycle tires and took a bike ride.

Then, a second ride with Lily running along with me. A happy girl.

On to Bridal Veil Falls and the Multnomah Lodge in the am, where we will treat ourselves to breakfast out.

Maggie
Old 08-29-2016, 11:07 PM   #2880
Rivet Master

Gail, it will be nice meeting you. I understand checking is around 4 PM? Maybe I should PM you and give you my phone #! I'll do that now, so please check it, OK? Respond, if you will, so I know you got it...I don't want to miss you!!! Evelyn.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:23 PM   #2881
Rivet Master

F@N! I am sorry you won't be able to make it down...I was hoping to meet you. Reading some of your posts along the way, you. Seem like "good people", and I like good people! Also, sorry 2016 was not good for you. I think we've all had our share of...not good years, but, we pull-up our big girl panties, reach deep down for more strength, and move forward and hopefully grow and/or learn from the experiences that may have not been as expected.

I pray that your experiences in this year don't linger. A rosary will be included for you tonight. (I always travel with my rosary)! Bless you, F@N. Evelyn.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:21 AM   #2882
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
This is our two sparkling clean Interstates, after a tubby at the only Blue Beacon in Idaho....with an undercarriage rinse, the last of the Wyoming mud now being gone.

Maggie

Hi, nice looking Interstates.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:06 AM   #2883
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Bay City , Oregon
got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
Gail, it will be nice meeting you. I understand checking is around 4 PM? Maybe I should PM you and give you my phone #! I'll do that now, so please check it, OK? Respond, if you will, so I know you got it...I don't want to miss you!!! Evelyn.
good morning everyone... yes, I got the message Evelyn.. I'll be up there Thursday, so you should be checked in already... aren't you coming in one the 31st???

where are you guys staying or stayed last night?? just wondering... Hugs and love around, gail
Old 08-30-2016, 05:14 PM   #2884
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We spent the last two nights at the Plymouth Park COE campground in Plymouth, WA.

Evelyn and I drove the Columbia River Gorge on 84 West today....beautiful..very, very busy..and very, very windy.

2 lanes, and there is probably enough traffic for 4, but, alas, nowhere to put them.

We had brunch at the Multnomah Falls Lodge, which was very nice, then took the dogs for a walk up to them....as, dogs are allowed, and there were lots.

It is cool and beautiful here, really a gorgeous part of the country.

Doug and I have been out here before, but not driven the entire Gorge area, which is special and so full of history.

A little bird pm'd me and told me to be sure to go to the Lewis & Clark Museum in Astoria, which I will do.

On north by myself in the morning, back to Fort Stevens on Tuesday.

All is well, Evelyn has done great, and has now realized her dream of getting to the Pacific Northwest.

Maggie