Old 08-26-2016, 03:26 PM   #2857
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I think the Tillamook factory would be a good Saturday activity.

Dave & Susan live in the area, Jen will be in the area, so hope to see them at Ft. Stevens.

We are stopped near Pocatello for lunch, moving on to a BLM site southwest of here for the night.

It is already warmer, and the lower altitude is welcome.

Maggie

Old 08-26-2016, 03:57 PM   #2858
4 Rivet Member

1958 26' Overlander
Kansas City , Missouri
Maggie,
Make sure you have a potato in Idaho!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forum

Old 08-26-2016, 05:30 PM   #2859
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I'll try.

We are in a private campground on a reservoir, which we came to before the BLM site, and we were ready to stop. Inexpensive, and tidy.

Didn't drive too many miles, but it took us awhile due to the winding roads.

The Snake River, all branches of it, is beautiful. It was a lovely drive to Idaho Falls, following the river.

Maggie
Old 08-26-2016, 06:41 PM   #2860
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Driving days are good for thinking.

One of Doug's and my goals every day when traveling was to drive a road we had never been on before, and I am still....I don't think we've been on this road before, honey.

Like he's right there, I just can't help it....and at least sometimes, I am sure he is.

I have said this before, I know....my people tolerance has changed in my solo life, primary caretaker of me, status.

Some things I am just unwilling to put up with these days, minus my partner in life, buffer-to-all things relationship with Doug-of-27-years.

There are so many good people in the world, and when we find them we must embrace them, appreciate them, and acknowledge them. They are precious, gifts to us from the universe, and they need to know they're special.

Other times, you see things in people that you just don't want to expose yourself to. You don't want to have to expend the emotional energy to care for yourself while wrestling with their demons, you know?

When those things happen, and a window is opened into something dark in someone with whom you have a voluntary relationship, you must pay attention, be grateful for having had that learning experience...and let them go.

My thoughts for today.

Taking things apart, examining them, and putting them back together with proper perspective.

It's not only what I do, it's who I am, Doug would say.

And, he would be right.

Maggie
Old 08-26-2016, 07:12 PM   #2861
Prairie Schooner II

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Driving days are good for thinking.

There are so many good people in the world, and when we find them we must embrace them, appreciate them, and acknowledge them. They are precious, gifts to us from the universe, and they need to know they're special.

Other times, you see things in people that you just don't want to expose yourself to. You don't want to have to expend the emotional energy to care for yourself while wrestling with their demons, you know?

When those things happen, and a window is opened into something dark in someone with whom you have a voluntary relationship, you must pay attention, be grateful for having had that learning experience...and let them go.

Maggie

Agree. Driving days can really help to keep things sorted out. Reading Lily&Me provides comfort as well. Thank you for the reminder shared today. Jim

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 08-26-2016, 07:19 PM   #2862
Rivet Master

Yes, Maggie, and you have put that unpleasantness in the box to throw away. I, too, as you now know have experienced a sort of a shock....that a person I believed to be one way, a nice person....I soon discovered that he was a different sort...not kind at all.....that was a mask. Once the mask was removed, there was an intolerable NOT NICE PERSON

Those types are difficult to deal with...someone else can have that displeasure! You and I.....we have no time in our lives for such negative behaviors! I wonder how such a person can look at themselves in a mirror. My Mom always told us..."never do a thing to others that makes it hard to look yourself in the mirror." I am sure neither you nor I find it hard to look in that mirror!

One cannot go wrong...living by that advice my Mom gave. THE GOLDENRULE! Some folks can use a refresher course on the meaning of the GOLDEN RULE....don't you agree?
God bless. Sleep well tonight...my new good friend...see you in the A.M. Evelyn.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:23 PM   #2863
3 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
1973 31' Sovereign
Mount Angel , Oregon
Maggie,

I think that you are quite courageous to travel alone. Dave and I talk to each other all of the time (argue), "no, we are supposed to go this way, not that way...", etc. You have my admiration.

Dave and I, well, rather, our Phoenix had an issue that we must attend to before any more travels. Dave asked me to pull forward, so he could remove the wood blocks. Unfortunately, he did not put up the jack. So, we had to jury-rig our tongue jack to make it home. Now we are awaiting replacement parts.

We do want to revisit Ft. Stevens, but not certain when that will occur. I hope you-all have a wonderful time. You are always welcome, plus anyone else--lots of space, to stay here on our farm. Mt. Angel hosts an October fest (in September!) and Silver Falls State park is spectacular.

Best travels Always! Susan dduncan@oregonsbest.com
Old 08-26-2016, 07:30 PM   #2864
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Susan, hope you and Dave can come by, but I understand the imperative of tending to the trailer.

I may stop by when I leave Oregon. I'm going to delay a bit after our gathering, in the hopes that I can meet up on my way home with friends leaving Yellowstone for Oregon the following week.

I'll be in touch.

Y'all are very sweet to me...some days this is "Dear Diary", and you just let me be whatever I am on any given day.

I appreciate the good folks here.

Maggie
Old 08-27-2016, 08:23 PM   #2865
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
here's an example of the weather here... yesterday was 80+ and I was too hot in a t-shirt and jeans... today, 63 and wearing a long sleeved t-shirt and a light sweater over that!!! this morning the fog was so thick you needed the wipers on.... it may rain some next week.... just Oregon...I do Love it here!!!! everyone keep having fun!!!! hugs and love from the ever changeable Oregon Coast!!!
Old 08-28-2016, 05:02 PM   #2866
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
A Different Life II

We have had a good two days on major highways. Set the cruise at 70, and go.

iPad stopped charging again yesterday, dead in the water today. Going to the Apple Store in kenniwick tomorrow, in negotiations with Apple if it must be replaced.

Spent last night at a beautiful SP just inside Oregon and overlooking the snake river. Have some pics I hope but can't post just now.

At a coe CG in Plymouth tonight.

All is well.

M
Old 08-28-2016, 05:08 PM   #2867
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
We love Oregon State Parks, as each one we've visited has been a real gem.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:07 PM   #2868
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
A half hour or so on the phone with Kimberly at Apple tech support, she walked me thru a couple of things, then a hard re-set....and the IPad is now charging properly.

If I could have reached thru the phone, hugged her and given her a big kiss on her cheek, that's what I would have done.

Such relief.

This is our two sparkling clean Interstates, after a tubby at the only Blue Beacon in Idaho....with an undercarriage rinse, the last of the Wyoming mud now being gone.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	270227  
Old 08-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #2869
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
View of the Snake River out my rear door this morning.

The Snake River seems to take over this part of the country, much of which otherwise looks like the backside of the moon.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	433.6 KB
ID:	270228  
Old 08-28-2016, 06:17 PM   #2870
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Weatherford , Texas
here's an example of the weather here... yesterday was 80+ and I was too hot in a t-shirt and jeans... today, 63 and wearing a long sleeved t-shirt and a light sweater over that!!!

Thanks, Gail. I'll have to pack a little of everything. Y'all may get tired of seeing me wear the same clothes, but I'll have to get it into the airline luggage weight allowance somehow. I didn't work for that "bags ride free" airline, so the baggage space is what it is.

Evelyn and Maggie, your rigs look good together.

Mimi