Old 06-30-2016, 11:10 AM   #2577
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Look at this clever and pretty idea another poster had here, for a small window in her trailer.

I might try something similar with the window in my cargo door.

Per 2fromtexas...

"Wanted privacy on the bottom window in the bathroom of our 2016 FC. Made a mixture of 1/4 cup cornstarch and 1/2 cup water. Then added this mixture to 2 cups of water. Cooked until syrup consistency. Made a pattern of the window and cut a piece of lace to size of pattern. Spread cooled mixture with a paint brush on the window, put lace in prepared window (can slide the lace easily for placement), then brushed more mixture on top of the lace. This will harden, but is not permanent. Can be removed if you decide to not want this anymore. No one can see in during the daytime. Still pull shade at night."
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2016, 05:29 PM   #2578
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
or you could buy that stick-on window covering stuff???

Old 06-30-2016, 05:38 PM   #2579
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I thought about that...

The idea of covering that window really appeals to me, and I love this lacy look , but it really wouldn't go with the Interstate's interior colors.....Doug would say it looked "cobbled together", and he would be right.

I'll think on it, and look around.

Maggie
Old 07-01-2016, 01:49 PM   #2580
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
There's a reason I have hardly listened to music since Doug died....because it dredges up feelings, emotion, sadness and loss.

I know it, and I avoid it, because meting out the pain incrementally by avoiding certain things is a survival mechanism, and surviving is what I do.

Late this morning, after putting away and putting up to pull out, doing up all the laundry and bedding, dumping the tanks, and refilling the fresh water, I stopped at the grocer in town to pick up a few things....as soon as I stepped inside, on the piped in music was a song we danced to many times, bringing tears to my eyes.

Our marriage and relationship weren't perfect, as certainly neither he nor I was perfect...but it was pretty darned good, and the profound sense of loss of him and us lingers close, still, with emotion and tears just below the surface, always.

Some days a bit closer than others, and today is one of those days. Life. Sigh.

Miss Lily woke me up this morning, sitting very close to me, leaning in and giving a low "woof".

One of those "I want something" woofs, ears perked and tail twitching.

I asked her if she needed to go outside...her tail wagged furiously, so up I got, turning the flame on under the coffee pot as I headed to the door.

I'm thinking she needs to go potty , but she stepped outside and right back in, then sits with her tail wagging expectantly.

She wanted her tiny treat and chew bone, which she associates with her first trip outside in the morning...not with going potty, which is how that started.

It was starting to get light out, so it was time.. I wasn't awake yet, so she decided to get me up.

Booger dog.

We are settled into the campground in town for the next two nights. Nothing exciting, but beggars can't be choosers, and it has all the basics, plus a few TV channels, which I have to say I have missed.

I especially like starting and ending my day with the news, and NBC comes in clear as a bell here. I will like that.

Clothes to put away, pillows and comforter to dress...Lily is crashed on the couch, after spending her morning monitoring my ready-to-go activities and any dog who walked near.

Going to have an early glass of wine today...because, I deserve it.

Maggie
Old 07-01-2016, 04:16 PM   #2581
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Weatherford , Texas
Our marriage and relationship weren't perfect, as certainly neither he nor I was perfect...but it was pretty darned good, and the profound sense of loss of him and us lingers close, still, with emotion and tears just below the surface, always.

I know what you mean, Maggie. Hang in there!
Old 07-01-2016, 04:30 PM   #2582
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, Mimi...hanging in there is what I do, but I don't have to like it.

Some days feel like an endurance test, and I am treading water rather than swimming.

I'm not sure I will travel like this again.

Too much alone time, leaving my emotions more vulnerable.

It's one of those days...

Maggie
Old 07-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #2583
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Weatherford , Texas
I have those days too, Maggie. All we can do is get through them to better days that do come also. It's kind like being on an emotional roller coaster.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:10 PM   #2584
Avion Owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
Hang in there, Maggie. I can only imagine what your days can feel like. I am married to the other greatest woman in the world...... Can't imagine losing her (notice I spelled that correctly???? No spell-checker, either!!!) 😀

Hug your dog, call the grands..... Surely they will lift your spirits! ❤️

PaulnGina
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F250 7.3L PowerStroke

Blessed and highly favored
Old 07-01-2016, 06:26 PM   #2585
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, guys.

I'm okay, really....don't mean to whine, but it's just been one of those days when grief is almost tangible.

It happens.

Lily is my salvation. If I hadn't already had her, I would have had to find her.

Maggie
Old 07-01-2016, 07:18 PM   #2586
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
A Different Life II

Yup. Gotta love those doggiesClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1467418683.952477.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	265655. Sillies resting in the heat. Note the slightly buried white one under the blond one. They get along well. There are three in the picture

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:48 AM   #2587
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Whining is fine, Alice and I have been together since high school, I simply can't and will not imagine life without her.

The experience you are living thru and with is why you have Lily.

Also, I laughed out loud when I read your post about Lily waking you up. Our "new" pup five year old Hopey got into the habit very quickly of getting up, going out and eating breakfast over the winter and learned that when it starts to get a little light outside "it's time". Now that's about 4:30AM, her tail wags, she picks up her favorite toy and brings it to me while I am asleep. Not to Alice who feeds her, but to me. Gotta love dogs.

Be well

Bud

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:43 AM   #2588
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Weatherford , Texas
I'll second that laugh, Bud. Blackie has picked up the habit of sticking a cold nose under my bed covers at dawn every morning.

And, you're right. I don't think I could make it without my Black Lab grief counselor. She's been wonderful since John passed away.

And Maggie, what you're doing doesn't qualify as whining. Go ahead and express your feelings. That's one of the best ways of dealing with grief.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:57 AM   #2589
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Yep, they are sweeties.

Lily is about as tuned in to me as any living thing could be, and that's the way she likes it.

We are still having coffee in bed...and she likes to be close. I woke up the other morning to her muzzle tucked up against my back.

A book I read recently referred to "thin places, where the past and the present touch"....yesterday was a thin day.

Going to walk my baby in a bit and do nothing important, but watch the news.

So many acts of terrorism in the world.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	492.8 KB
ID:	265731  
Old 07-02-2016, 11:35 AM   #2590
Rivet Master

Maggie, you and Lily seem to support each other. We form such strong bonds with our little furry babies, needing each other to get through the hard times. Only other pet owners can understand. I don't know that I could have dealt with the illness, then, death of my Lynn...if not for the strong bond and support from my Malamute, Chinook. I was alone at the time and sadly, she was my only support at home. Chinook got me through the hardest of that grief. She seemed to know when I needed her most and would come and place her big head against my shoulder and neck and stay there as long as I needed. She could give the best "doggie hugs," bless her. Can't imagine life without our furry babies. They are indeed, part of the family.

ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote