Old 06-18-2016, 08:03 AM   #2521
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Congratulations on selling your house, Mimi, and being one step closer to your dream home.

How difficult it must be to leave the home you shared with your husband for so many years, and all the memories within.

I am in a little house I can hopefully stay in til I die, and am grateful for it every day.

I can't imagine leaving it and starting over somewhere else.

Looking forward to meeting you next month.

Maggie

Old 06-18-2016, 01:29 PM   #2522
Rivet Master

Maggie, your task of finding your origins seems interesting. It shows a deep interest in history. Good for you in pursuing it. Very nice that you are willing to help others make their connections.

Maybe you and Mimi can show me how to check my lug nuts this fall. (lol). Enjoy your visit.
Tell Mimi I say congrats on sale of her house. I'll email her. I know she is so busy.

Travel safely.

ColoradoLady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:54 AM   #2523
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Needing 50 or so miles on the Interstate so I can get the lug nuts tightened before heading out next week, I took the grands for a ride in the country after lunch....pointing out to them the soybean fields on one side of the road, corn on the other, the major crops here upon which so many livelihoods depend.

Important for city kids living in the Midwest to know these things.

Then, a stop at Carl's for ice cream.

One of those "come gather here" places, around a very long time, with shaded seating outside as well as a roomy interior, lots of choices of hard and soft serve ice cream, plus frozen yogurt. The place was busy.

Camden immediately started negotiating for two scoops, or a fancy sundae...booger child... tho I promised the 'rents they would have only one, as they had another family thing last evening out of town.

Lily had a baby scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt, after waiting patiently outside with Emma...entertaining small children and impressing dog lovers.

A woman and little boy were standing near them when we came out with the goodies, and she remarked on how protective Lily was of Emma...willingly allowing the child to pet her, but growling softly at the woman when she came too close.

That's a first, tho we're not often together in a public place with Lily.

Lily does love her kids , greeting them enthusiastically every time she sees them....with licks, nuzzles and soft nibbles to their faces and ears. They adore her.

Sweet babies, of the two legged and four legged varieties.

Pulling and sorting today, readying the Interstate for travel, as it goes into Cook's tonight for repair of that fender over the next few days.

I'm ready to roam.

Maggie
Old 06-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #2524
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I decided I needed a larger jar for my Rumtopf, so found this 3 gallon baby at Meier last week.

That is waxed paper sitting on top, needed to keep the fruits submerged in the rum.

I had completely filled the first one with raspberries and blueberries, and why stop there when there are summer fruits such as peaches still coming in?

One of the couples that comes to Moraine View makes homemade ice cream, upon which we put my Bourbon Cherries last fall, and some of this concoction will go to the next one.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	306.9 KB
ID:	264753  
Old 06-19-2016, 11:43 AM   #2525
4 Rivet Member

1958 26' Overlander
Kansas City , Missouri
Maggie that looks good! Just wanted to let you know I'm on my 1st road trip with my A/S this year. Pulling my 62 Tradewind "Agnes". Reading your stories have helped me have the courage to do this trip. I'm headed to Lewisburg WV. I'm with a group but I'm still driving by myself.
Rachel

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forum
Old 06-19-2016, 11:59 AM   #2526
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Good for you, Rachel!

We encourage each other, is the truth.

One of the ladies at my needlework group the other day was commenting on my traveling alone, that she didn't think she could have done it.

It never really occurred to me not to continue traveling after Doug died, tho it was difficult and painful that first year.

It's go by myself, or stay home, and I'm not ready to stay home.

Things get better with the doing of them, is the truth.

Get up, go and do, til it feels more routine than not.

Have a great trip, Rachel, and drop back in here to let us know how it went.

Maggie
Old 06-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #2527
Rivet Master

Hi Maggie,
Reading your posts of getting ready to roam, I am anxious to do the same. "Goliath" goes to Windish on Wednesday to get coach batteries warranties out. I am afraid I'll need to cancel my trip to Chatfield with the grand daughter on the 27th, since the service guy was very ambivalent about when he could get it back to me.

I am thinking along lines of perhaps visiting Grand Tetons just before or after our trip this fall. I have never been inside....only drove by. Not enough! IMO!

Lily sounds so sweet. I look forward to she and Mikki meeting up....hope they get along. We shall see.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:50 PM   #2528
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It shouldn't take long to switch out a battery Evelyn.

Ours have always been done while we waited.

Can you not go into a battery place, rather than a dealership?

If this is a warranty issue, it would seem a battery place could get the payment from Airstream.

Our last couple of coach batteries have been Interstate, and they have been great.

Maggie
Old 06-19-2016, 04:15 PM   #2529
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Weatherford , Texas
Maggie is right. Switching a battery or several is a very small job. Other than finding the strength to lift the heavy things, I could change most batteries by myself in ten minutes or so--and do it right.

A long delay in getting around to it is completely unjustified. If I were you, I'd call Airstream and have them get on that dealer's case but good. You really shouldn't have to cancel a trip for something like that.

If Windish can't be persuaded, ask Airstream to authorize the work at a battery place instead.

Sounds like a case of "You didn't buy it here, so out to the back of the lot."
Old 06-19-2016, 05:11 PM   #2530
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Weatherford , Texas
Moving out of my former home is complete. The last load of stuff is still in my truck, but it's all out of the house and the new owners have all the keys. Blackie and I are going to put our feet up for a couple of days before we get serious about unpacking.
Old 06-19-2016, 05:28 PM   #2531
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Wow.

You deserve a break today, Missy.

I would put my feet up to it, have a glass of wine and a soak in the tub....and then get back at it in the morning.

No way could I relax among boxes and things needing unpacked and put away...but that's me.

I haven't had to move in 31 years, and before that for 12 years I had kids in tow.

I always made a point of wiping out cabinets, etc., and moving/unpacking my kitchen first, so that I could get them a meal, my tea in the morning, etc.

If the kitchen was functional, I could work on the rest.

I have liked being in the same place for so long, tho I do a bit of moving in and out every time I leave or return home from a trip...and that's a great plenty, thank you very much.

Maggie
Old 06-19-2016, 05:32 PM   #2532
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
Depends on where the battery is.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:43 PM   #2533
Rivet Master

Yep, I checked with Airstream about a battery place, but, they said since the batteries are tucked underneath and near axles, (for the coach), it would require an AS dealer, and Windish is the only one in this region. I can get it in Wednesday, "they'll have to work me in", so I reluctantly need to roll with the situation.

I am extending my trip ...going to Coulter Bay in Grand Tetons on my way home from Oregon. Have reservations for 4 nights in the RV park, full hookups...9/17-21. I am very excited for this side trip, as I have never been inside Grand Tetons...just saw it in the distance as we drove by.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:46 PM   #2534
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois

My coach battery is under the passenger seat.

The Tetons are beautiful.

Maggie