Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2016, 09:51 AM   #3181
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Gail!

I did see the egg carton idea, tho most of mine seem to come in styrofoam cartons.

I may try that at some point, tho I like the looks of these.

Maggie
Old 10-18-2016, 10:34 AM   #3182
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Yes, the muffin cups are definitely prettier... and totally agree about the cedar... I have boxes of collected twigs from pruning the pear trees that I use for kindling... love the wood stove... enjoy the day.. keep having fun!!! Hugs and love ...
Old 10-18-2016, 03:27 PM   #3183
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It's still here....boy..or girl?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3310.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	273741  
Old 10-18-2016, 03:42 PM   #3184
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Just a thought: Do you have a seed-based bird feeder on your property? Critters like this one just love all the seeds birds toss on the ground. We used to have said feeders, and got rid of them when we realized (Doh!) that they attracted pesky rodents we did not want near our house.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:45 PM   #3185
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
No bird feeders.

There are two feral cats in the neighborhood, and the very pretty calico was on the front porch this morning...I keep hoping one of them will take care of this little guy for me, and it will just be gone one day.

He is pretty cute to watch.

Maggie
Old 10-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #3186
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sipping my coffee in the half light this morning, I missed setting the mug square on the coaster, and dumped an entire cup onto the carpet...beige carpet.

The furnace servicing was first thing this morning, after which I was going to clean the living room and hallway carpets anyway, so I moved my big chair and started there first.

A mess, but warm water, Oxyclean and a dab of Dawn took it all out.

It is an otherwise slow news day at the little house...return home choring nearly finished for the time being, so I am ready to resume volunteer Mondays at the hospice center, and my needlework group on Thursdays.

Looking forward to seeing those women, and finding out what has happened with everyone since I was last there in July.

Maggie
Old 10-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #3187
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Finished cleaning the living room and hall carpet this morning...it would not seem possible that dog hair is left behind by my vacuum cleaner, but the Bissell always pulls up a mass of it.

With the woodstove, the living room takes a real hit, in spite of diligent vacuuming, but cleaning it more often than the rest of the little house is a price I will happily pay for the joy and comfort the woodstove brings.

We will soon be having temps cold enough for a morning fire, and I made another batch of wax and cedar shavings firestarters this morning, so I will be well supplied...poking some pieces of past-their-prime pine cones into the tops of these.

We all know what great kindling pine cones make, so why not.

Picking up my rental car in the morning, and have a small bit of running to do before heading out with the grands on Saturday morning.

Not much going on here, but I guess that's a good thing.

Maggie
Old 10-21-2016, 10:33 AM   #3188
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Hey there!!! ..have a fun one with the grandkids...hugs and love as always from way out here....
Old 10-21-2016, 10:41 AM   #3189
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Sipping my coffee in the half light this morning, I missed setting the mug square on the coaster, and dumped an entire cup onto the carpet...beige carpet.

The furnace servicing was first thing this morning, after which I was going to clean the living room and hallway carpets anyway, so I moved my big chair and started there first.

A mess, but warm water, Oxyclean and a dab of Dawn took it all out.

It is an otherwise slow news day at the little house...return home choring nearly finished for the time being, so I am ready to resume volunteer Mondays at the hospice center, and my needlework group on Thursdays.

Looking forward to seeing those women, and finding out what has happened with everyone since I was last there in July.

Maggie
Ceramic tile in the whole house. My wife says it much easier to clean up after the two dogs and me.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:53 AM   #3190
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIR1 View Post
Hey there!!! ..have a fun one with the grandkids...hugs and love as always from way out here....
Hi Gail!

I have a Toyota Camry from Enterprise, which is a nice little car, and bigger enough from my Matrix that the kids will notice it.

So odd to drive a regular vehicle, after a stretch with the Interstate...you feel like you are sitting on the ground, and the brakes grab so quickly there is lots of jerking and stopping for awhile.

My house is about 1/3 ceramic tile, Jim, which I love for the exact reason your wife does, but I am in a small house on a slab...nice to have the living room and bedrooms carpeted underfoot in the dead of winter.

I complain about the shedding Lily does, but I wouldn't trade her out for anything.

Maggie
Old 10-21-2016, 11:48 AM   #3191
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
I complain about the shedding Lily does, but I wouldn't trade her out for anything.

There is an additive to food, called Shed No More, which works. We give it to our Yellow, Hopey and it has cut the shedding in half.

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:02 PM   #3192
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hmmm...I think you've mentioned that product before, Bud.

I think I'll order some...it is basically vitamins and minerals, and as careful as you are with your dogs, I'm sure it's a good product or you wouldn't recommend it.

I know you recommended a dog food I could order online that would help with shedding, but I'm not up for the expense of that...Lily is very healthy on good old Pedigree.

I'll report back.

Maggie
Old 10-21-2016, 10:31 PM   #3193
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Formerly Napa , On the road
Just wanted to thank you again for my knitted cap. I wore it for the last three weeks with 20 degree nights. I am now in the desert, but I still finding myself wearing it.

As to your rental cars. What a great way to test drive the current vehicles available for a future purchase.....
Old 10-22-2016, 05:01 AM   #3194
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Glad you're putting it to good use, Vince.

Time to start on hats again, tho not as many this year, as I am going to send a box of scarves instead of hats to Faithworks Ministries....I've made hundreds of chemo and winter hats in recent years, and I want to do something different for awhile.

I've been working on a shrug for myself, one of those items you crochet in a large triangle, then fold and stitch partial side seams in order to leave armholes. Hard to explain, but it is a very simple design, ends up with a shawl color, and I think would be perfect for chilly morning walks with my favorite, four-legged companion.

It's very pretty, but my first attempt is too tightly crocheted, and therefore small for me, so I have started another with a larger hook...I want something loose enough to wrap a bit.

We'll see how it turns out.

Quite chilly here this morning, and a bit of frost on the ground.

If I were going to be home this weekend, I might consider the first fire of the season....and try out my new firestarters.

Maggie
Old 10-22-2016, 05:06 AM   #3195
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Good, I know the dog food seems expensive and the initial out lay is a lot - but one uses much less food at each serving. We mix in veggies to help them feel full.

The shedding product takes a while to get up to full dosage, then once there I'd say Hope's shedding is about 10-15% of what it was. You may have noticed all we had to do was touch her and fur would float off, no more. We are going to use it this time of year as well as in the spring when the Labs typically "blow" their coats.

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:13 AM   #3196
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I read that there is a dosing process, so won't expect instant change.

Lily sheds all year round, and that may have partly to do with our travel.

It's a crazy amount of dog hair...I think I've mentioned that here.

Maggie
Old 10-22-2016, 05:18 AM   #3197
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
This is the shrug pattern I'm using, in a deep charcoal grey.

It's a Lion Brand pattern, if anyone is interested....
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2016, 05:23 AM   #3198
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Hi Gail!

I have a Toyota Camry from Enterprise, which is a nice little car, and bigger enough from my Matrix that the kids will notice it.

So odd to drive a regular vehicle, after a stretch with the Interstate...you feel like you are sitting on the ground, and the brakes grab so quickly there is lots of jerking and stopping for awhile.

My house is about 1/3 ceramic tile, Jim, which I love for the exact reason your wife does, but I am in a small house on a slab...nice to have the living room and bedrooms carpeted underfoot in the dead of winter.

Maggie
Our house is 1100 square feet on a slab, of course ours is in Florida. Floors can still get cool. Have a good one.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:30 PM   #3199
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Maggie that shrug pattern is gorgeous. Like you said just enough to keep the shoulders and back warn. Those knitted items are quite on trend again. (Not that I am, but in all the stores) I could imagine mine in fall colors with one big wooden button front center and a funky scarf.

Not quite chilly enough here yet for one of those.

Finally cool enough to work outside till at least noon then I have to go in as the body is a little heat sensitive.

Having a fall colored get together in a couple of weeks and hope to be outside in the evening so got to tidy up the yard a bit.

Going to try to put the Airstreams in the backyard and use them for seating and looking at. We'll see how that works out.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:34 PM   #3200
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Yes, I think it will be pretty, and I have thought about a loop and button, but will see how it hangs once done.

3 1/2 hours in the swimming pool, and we have just ordered pizza.

I love getting these kids together. They enjoy each other so much.

It makes me happy.

Maggie