2006 19' Safari
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Happy Easter Maggie !

Old 03-27-2016, 09:43 AM   #2116
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
Hi Maggie,

What length rhino sewer hose did you get? Do you happen to have the part number? We want to replace our hose as well and want to make sure it will fit in the tube.
Thanks in advance and enjoy your Sunday!

Katy

Old 03-27-2016, 09:59 AM   #2117
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, ladies.

I got a 10' Rhino hose that expands to 15'. WalMart had it, and I like the expandable feature, as my compartment only carries a 10' and sometimes you need longer than that.

It won't fit in my compartment, so I carry it rolled up and in a mesh laundry bag on the driver's side step.

Maggie
Old 03-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #2118
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Happy Easter to everyone!!!!
Old 03-27-2016, 03:30 PM   #2119
Rivet Master

Maggie, I am glad to read that your injuries are getting better. As we age, injuries come easier, and stay longer. Deb injured her back...trying to shovel 2+ feet of snow off our driveway, with a drift up to the Windows between bot SUVs. Then,the next morning,I tweaked my sciatica while trying to shovel a path to my SUV to go in for my iron infusion # 3. So,both of us are still sore, but, getting better. DARN SNOW!

Mimi,yep,you're right....wrong answers will be worse.

Gearheart, Maggie is right..."Goliath" shall be much easier to deal with those issues. JC has indeed worked that kink out. Thank goodness.

Maggie, that grits recipe sounds yummy, very southern style cooking. My grands came yesterday for early Easter dinner.....ham, scalloped potatoes, salad, cheesecake. While they were here, they finished snow shoveling, assisted in packing up the Pathfinder and Bambi for me. That was greatly appreciated by Deb and I .....our backs were grateful! Today, I finished up a bit more packing of essentials, just have to take food out and hookup the Bambi today....then I'll get in and go in early AM.

Happy Easter to all! Evelyn.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:36 PM   #2120
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Have a safe trip, Evelyn, and we'll be waiting for pictures of your new baby.

Maggie
Old 03-28-2016, 03:39 AM   #2121
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Madison , South Dakota
Perhaps in the fall. Just left Anza Borrego (flowers are wild this year) and am in San Pedro for repairs. Found a piece of electrical wire in the valve of my black tank that did not allow me to close the tank. Poured fifty liters of coke into the tank to dissolve it but no luck. Oh well, the price we pay to wake up in magical places....

When I see the dates for fall I will decide if I want to cross country again in the fall. Might be nice to explore some of those eastern beaches...

And Easter dinner would have been fun. Lamb and ham here, with scalloped potatoes and green jello ( I can not remember the last time I ate jello...)

In the midst of having work done I converted from Kobo to Kindle, I like the Kobo but the Kindle is brighter and easier on my eyes.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:29 AM   #2122
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I would have loved to see the desert flowers out there this year.

We drove through a pounding, drenching, rainstorm in the California desert a number of years ago....the rain was so dense that Doug-the-driver pulled off the road to wait it out, one of the few times I remember that ever happening.

We weren't around to see the flowers come out afterwards, but I'm sure they were spectacular.

I may come back in the fall, too, then am planning on making the fall rally my goal each year, as the spring one is really later than I want to be gone. But, I don't know right now.

Several rally attendees have been bringing their rigs in to get a spot close to the gathering areas here....then leaving them, to return later in the week. This is a huge, rectangular campground, and the furthest sites are a good distance away.

There is a beautiful pavilion here, with a massive stone fireplace, also a large indoor area with a full kitchen....tho no place really to set up Dutch Ovens, as you can't do anything at your site....so, I may do bread in my DO in one of the traditional ovens they have here, and forego the charcoal altogether.

This used to be an Airstream park, so set up in the manner traditional for their rallies.

Look for John to be in today, and others, so it is fixin' to get busy around here.

Maggie
Old 03-28-2016, 09:00 PM   #2123
3 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
1990 34' Excella
Charleston , South Carolina
Maggie
Thanks for the pretty potholders! It was so nice to have a package when I got home. Is Alumilina this next weekend? Hope the weather will be better than the rain here in Charleston this weekend.

Off to DC for a conference Wed. Am staying at the hotel that is hosting the 2016 Nuclear confrance & I am not looking forward to the security delays & the terrorist video of a bomb over DC from North Korea this weekend isn't helping me any. What is wrong with people??

We went to DC last Spring & stayed at Cherry Hill RV Park in MD. Very nice park & the tour bus picked us up at the park. This is the only time we have not stayed at a park but it was nice. I'd recommend if anyone wants to visit DC.

Happy Trails!
Jane
Old 03-29-2016, 05:10 AM   #2124
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Jane!

Alumalina is indeed this weekend, and probably 8 more trailers have arrived in here since Sunday afternoon. Everyone wanting to pick their spot and get settled in before it gets too crowded, I expect.

It was in the mid 70's yesterday, but sunny, allowing everything to dry out from the rain Sunday night.

More rain predicted off and on this week, but we have an indoor gathering place as well as the beautiful pavilion, so no worries there.

I remember the first Alumalina at Carowinds, when we had heavy rain, strong winds, and hail. All of us huddled under the little tents, which were lashed together, holding on to them so they wouldn't blow away.

I took my first bike ride yesterday since my fall last week...knee still a bit stiff, but no difficulties.

Maggie
Old 03-29-2016, 05:43 AM   #2125
3 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
1990 34' Excella
Charleston , South Carolina
The hills of Hwy 11 are home & I wish I was there! Have a great day! Hug Lily for me.

Jane
Old 03-29-2016, 05:45 AM   #2126
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I will do that, and you have a safe trip.

Maggie
Old 03-29-2016, 07:06 AM   #2127
Rivet Master

Smile

Good morning, Maggie.
I see you're up early.....of course, that is your daily routine. I had been getting lazy, sleeping in till 9 or so. Past 2 months, I've set my alarm for 06:00. Took some getting used to, though.

Wind rocking BAMBI made for a good night's sleep. I think I'll be pulling out soon...I NEED COFFEE! This place does'nt open till 9.

Have a wonderful day, take it easy with your knee. Enjoy your rally. Later. Evelyn.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:15 AM   #2128
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
This place is rapidly filling up...and Al & Patti and Tommie arrived yesterday.

Love to see those smiling, friendly faces, and to catch up with people I haven't seen in a year.

Cold this morning, upper 30's, and feels like there could actually be frost in some places.

Had another bike ride yesterday, will get in another here soon...once the sun is fully up and has warmed/deglazed the biking surfaces.

Knee is healing, worst bruising still remaining is on my forearms, from banging them against the underside of the Interstate, trying to get that damn sewer hose free last week.

They look like someone beat me with a 2x4.

With Handsome-Handy-Bob's modifications, I believe that part in this story is over.

Maggie

« The Argue Thread | Top | - »