Old 02-20-2016, 02:16 PM   #1807
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
I was wondering what had you up at the crack of stupid.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:30 PM   #1808
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Look for a missing or damaged rubber gasket on the hose side of the connector to the outlet on the AS. If it is messed up, or missing that could be the cause.

Also examine the AS side of the connection for damage where it meets up with the gasket in the connector. Nicks and dings can also cause leaks.

Don't be afraid to ask for help if you are not sure what I'm going on about. Another pair of eyes might help.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums

2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 03:57 PM   #1809
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks. I have checked the AS part thoroughly, it is intact, and the cap cover thing goes right on without a problem.

Looking this issue up online, leaking is apparently a problem with these, which seems ridiculous for a brand new, $30 sewer hose. The cheaper one I ran over 5 weeks ago or so never leaked.

I am going to look more closely at the hose tomorrow, and see what I can see.

There is the cutest, handmade trailer here....built on an old steel frame of some sort, looks a bit like one of the old Romany Gypsy trailers.

Have just had a long chat with them, and took a peak inside.

Very clever.

Maggie
Old 02-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #1810
Rivet Master

Maggie, this makes me think of your experience with the errant dump incident. When you go underneath to inspect....wear goggles, and keep your mouth closed! ���� Evelyn.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:30 PM   #1811
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
A Different Life II

Personally, my stinky slinky has stayed in its storage tube under the AS since we acquired the AS. I use a SewerSolution system to dump my tanks. Smaller hose, no leaks so far. It seems to fit tight enough. It can use water pressure to pump uphill a bit if I need to.

I did add a clear extender to make it easier to attach into the rather small space between my dump valves.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:35 PM   #1812
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Well, I'm going to take a picture of the inside opening of it in the morning, post it here and have you guys tell me what you think....hmmmm?

I could beg help from a neighbor, and will if I need to, but since I have you guys here....I know you would be glad to help.

I did ask a gentleman walking by yesterday to help me adjust the seat on my bicycle....could not for the life of me get that thingie pulled back to adjust the seat up or down.

He gladly did it, and had no problem moving it. I do not have strong hands.....Doug had strong hands, and he didn't leave them for me when he left.

Maggie
Old 02-21-2016, 06:08 AM   #1813
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
I use the clear extender on our trailer and starting using it when we had the big motorhome. It seems to fit much tighter than any hose by itself plus as the tanks are emptying I can watch to see that everything is out.

I am confident with a picture or several someone here can figure this out.

Bud

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:46 AM   #1814
3 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
1990 34' Excella
Charleston , South Carolina
Maggie
I have been slow checking the forum but I see you are at Huntington Beach! I hope you like it as much as we do. Big park, lots of trails for bikes & walking, & great beach for dogs. If you want to eat out Drunken Jacks just a short way north of the park & also in same city of Murrell's Inlet. It has good seafood & has been around for 30+ years, same owner, & still good.

This is my "busy week" at work but by the time you come to Edisto I should be slowed down enough to come walk on the beach with you & Lily if you have time.

Jane
Old 02-21-2016, 08:23 AM   #1815
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Jane!

I am loving Huntington Beach.....but nothing yet has come close to comparing to Edisto, where I will be one week from today.

This beach, like Edisto, not only allows dogs but is dog friendly....lots of us let ours run early in the morning, before the beach fills up, and no one is out there policing or giving tickets for causing no problems, but allowing your dog to do for a few minutes each day what dogs love and do naturally....run their legs off.

Good for the dogs, good for the campers.

Come visit me at Edisto any time, Jane.

I am planning to not leave for the two weeks duration, but for walks, bike rides, a trip to the grocer, etc., so send a text or call and let me know you are on your way, I will be waiting for you.

Stay with me as long as you like...I will love it, make you tea, coffee, feed you a meal, and we can visit.

We have Skyped with darling darling daughter already and been to the beach.....and I am actually cooking sausage and eggs this morning.

Then....going to pull that sewer hose, and will be back with a picture.

Maggie
Old 02-21-2016, 09:42 AM   #1816
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
As soon as I looked at this, I knew exactly what the problem was....where there should be a gasket, there is no gasket. No wonder it's leaking.

Brand new.

There is a 3" gasket at the sewer end, this needs a 3 1/2" gasket. I have measured.

There doesn't seem to be an Ace Hardward store down in here....maybe a marine supply place would have it, auto supply?

What's your best guess, guys?

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	412.3 KB
ID:	257623  
Old 02-21-2016, 09:56 AM   #1817
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Weatherford , Texas
You nailed it, Maggie. That's the reason it's leaking.

The gasket by itself may be hard to find. The marine supply idea might be a good one, although I'm a desert kid by upbringing and I know nothing about marine anything. Take the hose with you so you can show them what you need.

They might have a new hose end, if they don't sell just a gasket. Whatever works.

I'd glue the gasket to the hose end assembly so it might stay in place longer.

Also, Walmart might have another hose to get you by until you can find a gasket for this one.

If nothing works, let me know. I can try to get one at the local big city RV place and FedEx it to you (airline discounts are wonderful).
Old 02-21-2016, 09:56 AM   #1818
1 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
Bluffton , South Carolina
Good morning Maggie
Are you familiar with Hunting Island state park? It is one of our favorite parks.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:09 AM   #1819
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, Mimi.

I thought if I couldn't find a gasket I would do silicone caulk where the gasket should be?

Rather than carry in the sewer hose, I removed the gasket at the other end, which fits perfectly but for size.

It hadn't occurred to me to look in the sewer end, tho if I had I wouldn't have known a gasket should be in there but wasn't.

We have been to Hunting Island SP, also beautiful.

Magfo
Old 02-21-2016, 10:39 AM   #1820
4 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
As soon as I looked at this, I knew exactly what the problem was....where there should be a gasket, there is no gasket. No wonder it's leaking.

Brand new.

There is a 3" gasket at the sewer end, this needs a 3 1/2" gasket. I have measured.

There doesn't seem to be an Ace Hardward store down in here....maybe a marine supply place would have it, auto supply?

What's your best guess, guys?

Maggie
Wal-Mart, any large hardware store or a farm and ranch type store might have the gasket. I have not seen this type of product in an auto parts store.

I have only seen them sold in a four-pack with two of the size you need and two of the smaller ones.

« The Argue Thread | Top | - »