Old 01-30-2016, 01:55 PM   #1709
Rivet Master

Maggie, I know you are capable. I admire your determination. True, it takes time.

I love oceans as well....maybe that is a thing with those of us who are landlocked. I so look forward to the trip to Oregon. I intend to try to fill my desire for ocean while there. Who knows, if I do get a Moho, maybe I'll make more such trips.

Thanks, Gail. I am considering new or almost new, as warranty could help fix anything. I am not handy to tinker with things. Have not made a decision, currently doing research and comparisons. I most certainly am taking my time...won't jump into it without pros and cons being considered.
Evelyn.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:14 PM   #1710
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
Maggie, I know you are capable. I admire your determination. True, it takes time.

I love oceans as well....maybe that is a thing with those of us who are landlocked. I so look forward to the trip to Oregon. I intend to try to fill my desire for ocean while there. Who knows, if I do get a Moho, maybe I'll make more such trips.

Thanks, Gail. I am considering new or almost new, as warranty could help fix anything. I am not handy to tinker with things. Have not made a decision, currently doing research and comparisons. I most certainly am taking my time...won't jump into it without pros and cons being considered.
Evelyn.
Here is a link to Colonial Airstream and a NEW 2015 they have left over. I think it's a 25% discount and they will be fair on the Bambi you have for trade or sell it out right. We bought our first AS from them. Very nice dealership, very well run, sales are quick and fair, service is also very good and the run thru on a new unit will take as long as you want.

http://colonialairstream.com/2015-ai...345/index.html

Good luck

Bud

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:39 PM   #1711
Rivet Master

Thanks Bud. Already sold. NJ would be a long way to go for one, as I live in Colorado.

Maggie, I hope nice weather continues for you. We're looking at about a foot of snow this weekend...temps in low 20s. To Costco's today. We're ready for it. Deb will have to work, but, I'll stay in...toasty warm. God bless. Evelyn.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:10 AM   #1712
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Madison , South Dakota
Colorado Lady,

I drove from Napa, CA to New Jersey to buy from Colonial. I saved $10,000 on the Airstream alone, and the service was excellent. Great people.

And Lauren has one of my images at her desk...
Old 01-31-2016, 12:05 PM   #1713
Rivet Master

Vince, I see.....I guess when you look at it that way, it makes sense. I do have a good offer in Texas and Idaho, Utah....better than my local dealer...so unless he matches, I'll travel. I still need to decide if I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Maggie, I apologize...till I reread recent posts....I had not been truly aware that I have high jacked your post! I am sorry, and I will stop it.

If anyone is trying to help me in my decision making process....and I do appreciate you all, just PM me. Thanks so much. Evelyn.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:17 PM   #1714
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Not to worry, Evelyn. We all hijack something, sometime...most of us, anyway.

Lily and I have been back this morning to Beachwalker CP on Kiawah Island...about 20 miles from the campground, but where dogs can run loose on the beach.

Now that the cold snap is over, the bathrooms have been open the last couple of times we have been there. Thank you. . Allows us to stay a bit longer, while the quart or so of coffee I drink in the early mornings works its way thru my system Half regular, half decaf, folks.

What a place. Lots of dogs this morning, playing in the surf and having a great time, also lots of dog lovers who ooh'ed and ahh'ed over Lily. She does have a very sweet face, and I love it when people are drawn to her and want to pet her.

She was a find, this one.

Lily did very well with the other dogs today, running some with a couple....or, perhaps, running them off, I'm not sure. There was a chocolate lab puppy there I could have picked up and taken with me...but, he had owners.

Talked with a nice couple from Cape Cod yesterday, who are at the other end of this park. They have a Sprinter Van about the same age as mine, which he had for work before they retired, and they now travel in it.

He is a carpenter, so the interior has beautiful, custom made and fitted cabinets, counters, cupboards, etc., and a raised bed in the back....underneath, pull-out drawers for storage. Gorgeous work.

One of the things I appreciate about staying here awhile, and which I wanted after last winter.....you get to chit chat a bit, face to face, with people who become familiar.

Not so isolating as moving often was for me, with only phone and email communication with family and friends. It was a good plan.

Maggie
Old 01-31-2016, 03:26 PM   #1715
Rivet Master

Maggie, you gave me something to consider when I travel solo....sitting still in one campsite for a bit vs only 1-2 days before moving on. I see that you are able to immerse in the local culture and make connections.

Today, I watched a travelogue featuring Port Aransas, Texas. This was one of my most enjoyed spots to fish and take in local culture. San Padre island also was on our trip list. I understand they have changed drastically since we visited in the mid 70s, (stationed at Lackland AFB in San Antonio). That may well be on my future trip list, although the experience will be much different than when my daughters and I went.

Funny story to share when we meet up: my experience fishing off the jetty at Port Aransas at high tide with a big redfish on my line while waves washed over me! Remind me, after a glass of wine! Evelyn.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:41 PM   #1716
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Evelyn, You might be disappointed if you go back. DW and I went back to Long Beach and surrounds on the west coast of Vancouver Island only to find that they had literally "paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Hippies and quaint fishing villages had morphed into tour boats and high end resorts.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:18 PM   #1717
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheart View Post
Evelyn, You might be disappointed if you go back. DW and I went back to Long Beach and surrounds on the west coast of Vancouver Island only to find that they had literally "paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Hippies and quaint fishing villages had morphed into tour boats and high end resorts.
We have "progressed"...
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:46 AM   #1718
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Just not in the right direction, IMHO.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:20 AM   #1719
Rivet Master

Maggie, due to medical issues, it is not wise for me to make a move on the Interstate at this time. I will PM to you. I'm OK, but, caution is called for. Evelyn.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:25 AM   #1720
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Hi Maggie!! you two are having a great time!!! and it's sooo fun to share if from here in Oregon... the WIFI is a Windows 10 issue... very frustrating!!! it reoccurs... ugh...

We have a café in Astoria named Wet Dog... a mini brewery... and a deck outside so Lily can sit with you while you have lunch!!! fun place... Oregon is very dog friendly.. keep having fun!!!! Hugs and love from here, gail
Old 02-01-2016, 11:29 AM   #1721
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
Maggie, due to medical issues, it is not wise for me to make a move on the Interstate at this time. I will PM to you. I'm OK, but, caution is called for. Evelyn.
Sorry to hear of medical issues, but it is good to be cautious with such a big step. Personally, I can't imagine taking on that kind of debt at my age.

Feel free to email me any time, Evelyn.

Maggie
Old 02-01-2016, 11:44 AM   #1722
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIR1 View Post
Hi Maggie!! you two are having a great time!!! and it's sooo fun to share if from here in Oregon... the WIFI is a Windows 10 issue... very frustrating!!! it reoccurs... ugh...

We have a café in Astoria named Wet Dog... a mini brewery... and a deck outside so Lily can sit with you while you have lunch!!! fun place... Oregon is very dog friendly.. keep having fun!!!! Hugs and love from here, gail
I am soooo looking forward to the gathering in Oregon.

We're going to have a great time.

Lily and I are having a chore day today.....doing our walking here.

Mending one of the mesh areas on the rear doors, scrubbing both of those out, preparing to do a little redecorating inside. Sometimes, you need a small change in what you look at all the time....not sure exactly what I will end up with, but I have begun.

Doug would say things are a bit too girly to suit him, already, but.... I saw several cardinals this morning, walking Lily, which always make me think of him....rooting me on, perhaps letting me know he is near.

I tell my granddaughter....who is still really, really missing her Grandpa....to smile to herself when she sees cardinals, and tell her Grandpa she loves him.

Supposed to be in the low 70's today, everyone is out walking their dogs, biking, etc. On my to-do list is to inflate the tires in my little bike...so I can ride it.

Cold weather on the horizon, tho....I have not put away my microfleece.

I have been telling every dog owner I've seen about Beachwalker, and have not spoken to a single person who knew it was there.

I would not, either, but for Jane.

We will get back there again this week, while I still have the car that gets 35 mpg.

Maggie