Old 04-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #155
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I don't know what kind of lavender it is......and I have never cooked with it.

I just like to smell it.....thru sachets on my clothes, in soaps, in essential oils that go in my soy candles.

And, I like to look at it growing......also sometimes hanging in bunches here and there.

It makes me smile, but I am not a sophisticated cultivate-er of it.

I just buy it in pots, put it in the ground, and try to keep it alive.

Maggie

Old 04-29-2015, 09:27 PM   #156
Ganado

Peoria , Arizona
The best kind of use.... Pure enjoyment

Old 04-30-2015, 07:40 AM   #157
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
The flowering crabapple tree in my back yard.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	237456  
Old 04-30-2015, 09:46 AM   #158
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
That a beautiful sight.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:55 AM   #159
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It is.....and the photo does not do the colors of this tree justice.

We planted this where it could be seen out the kitchen/dining area windows, which face onto the patio.

Because I have an open floor plan including the living room, I can actually see this beautiful tree most of my awake time. Too bad it is in full bloom for only a short time,

Hauling bags of cedar mulch.....I so love the smell of cedar ....into a cart this morning, it occurred to me......planting pretty groundcovers under the shrubs around the house will eliminate a dozen or so of these bags...every single year.

I have English Ivy started in some places, going to find something sun-loving for the large bed that runs along the south side.

A cost saving, as they have nearly doubled in price in the last 10 or so years, also an arms & shoulder savings as I will have fewer to haul.

It has taken me years to think of this, but I am now the one doing all the schlepping here and there. Funny how that works.

Maggie
Old 05-01-2015, 06:53 AM   #160
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
We're bamboo people. My wife has her veggie garden in the back yard, potatoes are already done, and we have five pdifferent types of bamboo. Contrary to what most people think it is easy to control. We enjoy seeing it out of our kitchen and living room windows. Being able to see the outside from the inside is comforting. Peace,jim
Old 05-01-2015, 07:16 AM   #161
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
How about posting a picture of that, Jim?

I have large windows in the dining area of the kitchen, also directly opposite in the living room.

They are largely uncovered, because I love the sunlight, or rain, or snow, or pretty leaves, or whatever is growing and blooming......it makes me smile. I like it.

I have never seen bamboo growing.

Am thinking about some Pampas grass.....

Maggie
Old 05-01-2015, 07:33 AM   #162
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
I'll try to get my wife to do that. I'm inept at posting pictures. Peace,jim
Old 05-01-2015, 08:33 AM   #163
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
HD is due here any time, to put the leaf free gutters up, I am packing the Interstate and the kids will be here right after school.

They are pumped, altho there were a couple of raised eyebrows over no electricity = a no electronics weekend. They will be fine, and will have lots to do.

Going to fill the hitch hauler....installed last pm by my son/their dad....with firewood, so we have plenty to cook outside as well as warm their tootsies in the early mornings.

Puttering and doing odds and ends inside and outside the house yesterday, before and after the needlework group at the Sr. Center, I realize I am re-inventing my life in widowhood, for all intents and purposes.

What two did together is not the same as what one does alone, none of it, and daily changes are made accordingly.....from how I travel in the Interstate to what I cook and eat to the structure of my day to how I arrange my flower beds.

For the first time since 1971, needs and wants of others figure in only peripherally. I think it is essential as humans to have close, longterm relationships, which in addition to those love bonds teach tolerance, compromise, empathy, etc......very good for the structure of one's mindset and development as a person, I think, to have others close whose needs must always be considered.

But, now it's just me, most of the time....I slip into the caregiver and needs-balancer role very easily, sometimes too easily , so am not concerned that I will forget how.....but it is a bit odd, to be only me, most of the time.

I still feel very close to Doug, and talk with him daily, telling him "I'm doing it this way, now", with whatever.....I envision him nodding his head, smiling slightly, looking at me warmly with his clear blue eyes sparkling, and saying "it's okay, honey". A new and different life, every minute of every day.

I just saw on the Today show that sliver/grey hair is a new trend. I am right in style, at least 50% there.

I touched base in February with the owner of the campground in St. Mary's, GA, where Doug was stricken last March. Just wanted to thank them again for their kindness, help and support during such a terrible time. Such good people, and I will get back there eventually. Wasn't ready to do that this year.

She encouraged my continued travel, to explore new areas and try new things, and said.... "Grey hair doesn't mean a grey life."

Is that not perfect? I love it, and thank you to whoever came up with that phrase.

The Capitol One Venture Card is proving to be everything it advertises, and more. Already have my 40,000 bonus miles, which you can use to erase travel and other purchases made with your card, also to buy gift cards. What a deal.

Have just used the last miles from my AAadvantage final statement toward a hotel near O'Hare the night before I leave for Greece, and will use miles from the new card to erase the cash from that purchase.....free.

I already love this card. What's in your wallet?

Maggie
Old 05-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #164
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Good to read that you are doing fine, Maggie. Just fine.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:16 PM   #165
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Madison , South Dakota
ditto....
Old 05-02-2015, 05:38 AM   #166
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina
Hi Maggie,

If you are around Sun the 17th about 11 AM, I will be coming through Bloomington and could have coffee at the Pilot truck stop, Exit 160a. But, you have to bring Lillie.

I suspect anyone else in this thread would be welcome as long as they can get there😂😋☕️

Ms Tommie Lauer
Greensboro, NC
2015 Serenity 30 RB / 2008 Dodge Cummins 4 X 4
WBCCI #4165 AIR #31871
AIR #31871 WBCCI #4165 K4MTL

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:36 AM   #167
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We are having a wonderful time.

It was a bit of a chinese fire drill when we got here about 6 yesterday. or, a nest of ants, however one wants to characterize three children running excitedly in all directions, barely re-directed to help set up the tent, chairs, etc.

They were down like stones last night, by 8am this morning everyone had been up 2 1/2 hours, had hot chocolate by the fire, played baseball, ridden their scooters and eaten 10 scrambled eggs with Grandma's bread toasted over the fire.

We are just back from a walk and an hour at the playground, and picked out a site for next time......in the other loop, right across from the very nice little playground.

All is well.....another first, done.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	237596  
Old 05-02-2015, 09:42 AM   #168
Avion Owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
Priceless memories!!!! Have a great weekend!

« The Argue Thread | Top | - »