Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2004, 12:05 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Geez Jaco why all the bad air?
We started here merely as a way to share some Airstream related info and nothing more. It has grown into a valuable collection of ideas and information that serves many of us well.
Andy gave us all this service, and some want to go off and moan about not liking this or that, I don't get it. Its free man...what the heck else do you want?
Talk about looking a gift horse.....
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:19 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Well so much for the golden rule from the Peach state.
That didn't last long.
jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:24 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2004 19' Bambi
Denver , Colorado
Jaco,

Please, I have no personal regards for you one way or another. I don't know you - couldn't possibly know you based solely on your postings and the opinions expressed therein. If our opinions differ from time to time that does not influence my regard for you one way or the other.

That said, your initial and subsequent postings within this thread seemed on the attack outright and my question to you was simply whther you intended to offer constructive criticism or you were just firing at will. Your oratory has been lengthy, aggressive, but has yet to identify what your real beef is or what should be done to correct the matter.

As far as giving you "advice on how to behave, breath, dress, or think", I would ask that you provide me with the quote you are referring to. My only post in this thread prior to this simply took exception to your "method" of crticism. I expresssed such without giving you any advice of any nature whatsoever.

If you are not happy with certain aspects of this forum then certainly you should have the right to express such. My questions remain unanswered - what is your beef and what do you suggest be done to correct it?
COLORADO_CAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:52 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
and I didn't mean to imply that members opinions were not wanted here, what I am so tired of is those who choose to blow off steam at all of us and not offer any thing constructive. Or those that seem so irrationally dissatisfied with what is presented here.
Respond if you choose to but if not consider this thread closed.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 03-26-2004, 01:38 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Well ALANSD I had not intended to prolong the questions of those who could answer their own questions if they would just read to be informed instead of attempt to post to antagonize. I will not fall into those traps. There's plenty of arsonists in the woods. However I do not put you into that catagory.
I will gladly talk to you in depth if you care to e-mail me with any specific questions regarding my thoughts. It is not possible to have an open discussion on the forum with a moderator without the chance of my violation of the "Must Respect" rule. I would hate to have a slip up get me "revoked" as Brett put it.

You are, IMHO much too quick and eager to close threads however. seems to be your fav responsibility or at least one you seem to relish. If you were serious about my constructive suggestions you would have already read many of them. They have been politely suggested before. No demands, no ultimatums, no required respect. I will either earn respect from my peers or I won't but if not it won't be because they don't know where I stand.. I can handle honest criticism. I think it makes a much healthier organization. Unfortunate that you seem to prefer to close it down so often. There is a vast difference between a peein match and a civilized discussion. Maybe you could give that some thought.

jaco
jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 02:07 PM   #26

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Well you know Jaco, this started out as a positive thread. You managed to throw a harpoon. We had a couple of more posts again positive towards the original thread intent, and you threw in another.

Now you wonder why we are wanting to end the discussion? You know there is a time and place for all things and this was not the place. You know it, I know it, and based on the responses your peers know it too.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:34 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Wonder if this is gonna move me to the top of the "mysterious circumstances " list..?
We should be so lucky!

Quote:
There is a function where you can put me on your "ignore list" if you feel the need.
I think I will now take your advice.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:26 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
No "peein" on my part....
The reality is I have only closed one thread in the two odd years I have been helping with this site. I have pruned a few very rude threads where they needed to be pruned.. and I respect the right of others to present their ideas if they at least attempt to make a contribution to our mutual interest.
This thread started on a positive note and Jaco you decided to put a damper on that.
I still don't get what it is you are so darn p.o'd about.
I come here only to advance my Airstream knowledge and fun , a hobby I greatly enjoy.
Isn't that what an Airstream forum is for? The rest is gravy.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!