Old 11-26-2008, 02:05 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Yearning, Burning, Desire

Well Snap.

Here I go again. I have just wasted an hour of my life looking at RV's online.... searching for that elusive used 27 CCD FB. I've read a lot of ads that start, "motivated seller, lost job..." etc. but have not found a SINGLE used 27 CCD FB in any of the distress sales, or any other sale for that matter. What's up? People are selling every other kind of RV. Why are all of the 27 CCD FB owners able to hang on?

Even though my business traditionally survives economic turndowns well, I simply WILL NOT go into more debt or own two Airstreams at the same time. My "Spock" side knows it, but the other side wants it.

Someone point me to the 12 step program - please!

It's Thanksgiving Eve and I'm grateful for so much... I just really need patience.... and dammit I want to be patient RIGHT NOW.

Oh well, some day it will happen. Peace and prosperity to all y'all.

And remember, turkey f**ts are terrible, take them outside!

Paula

Old 11-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up This might help..:)

Paula,
"Happy Thanksgiving".
Good luck on your search~
53FC

NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:22 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Northern New England
Hey, Paula --

Not sure whether you've seen this one:

2007 AIRSTREAM INTERNATIONAL 27FB RV For Sale, Used Travel Trailer AIRSTREAM RVs - North Ft. Myers AR

It's a dealership, but given the current business climate, "motivated" probably still applies.

Bon chance.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Holy crap!

[quote=Air2Go;642329]Hey, Paula --

Not sure whether you've seen this one:

2007 AIRSTREAM INTERNATIONAL 27FB RV For Sale, Used Travel Trailer AIRSTREAM RVs - North Ft. Myers AR
[quote]

Thank you for finding that for me. I actually saw that one earlier and had this reaction:

Did you see the asking price on that?! ($69K) HOLY CRAP. And it's a 2007? Wow. That's the best damn commercial I've ever seen for Colonial Airstream in NJ (which is also a helluva lot closer to me).

A price that unrealistic is symptomatic of "acute cranial-rectal inversion".
Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Paula
Old 11-26-2008, 05:43 PM   #33

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Down South we refer to it as CRANIAL RECTUMITIS. It is an affliction that most often manifests itself when the sufferers get behind the wheel.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:27 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Hi Paula,
I know this is an old thread, but I saw my first 27 FB (Serenity, not CCD) this week. Oh my! I totally get your love! Our dealer had never carried anything larger than a 25, but decided to bring one in. I was smitten! (and felt guilty, like I had cheated on my current Airstream). The 27 FB is, by far, the most perfect layout. I had to bring my husband to the dealership today to see this beauty. We both agree this layout will be our retirement Airstream (the pantry with microwave, large closets, side sofa, dinette in back...the list goes on and on). The dealership actually was willing to give us a pretty good deal on this one with a trade of our current one. I was ready to jump in with both feet, but my husband spoke to my "reason"...something I often lose where Airstreams are concerned. Although the Serenity is absolutely gorgeous, we've collected too many accessories to match the "Paprika" decor in our current Airstream....so we're now going to be on the lookout for a 27 FB CCD in Paprika. Hmmm.... Airstream dreaming again! Good luck in your search!
Lisa

2008 23' Int. CCD "The Atomic Pod" https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2002 Chinook Destiny | 1973 13' Boler (fiberglass egg) "The Boiler"
WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:48 PM   #35
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Rockville , Maryland
[QUOTE=Foiled Again;642343]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air2Go View Post
Did you see the asking price on that?! ($69K) HOLY CRAP. And it's a 2007? Wow. That's the best damn commercial I've ever seen for Colonial Airstream in NJ (which is also a helluva lot closer to me).
Just drove over there today - those guys R O C K !

**I Love U.S.A.**
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Serenity Update - vaguely/slightly let down

Well I went to Alumapalooza and saw a Serenity up close and personal.

It's lovely, but to me, it looks better online than in person. Oh, Heresy!
What don't I like? It isn't that exactly... it's just that the colors are slightly "off" for my personal taste. The cabinets are sort of "limed oak" looking... a bit too white. The upholstery is neither beige nor moss green but sort of a mix of the two... bland, bland, bland. The orange/red accent walls are nice and the overall impression is good. The flooring is sort of "mud friendly"... I actually like the light plank look of my Safari better. It isn't BAD at all - and I really like the awning fabric choice on the full awning. I'm just a little less thrilled than I thought I'd be. I did notice that all of the lights were LED's which ought to make them much cooler and longer lasting than the ones in my puck lights. Whew. Seeing it in person has reduced my yen for a new Airstream. If I were to choose this one, I'd opt for the leather upholstery option. I may look around for a used 27 FB unit with twins. I might even look for an ocean breeze, but I would change out both the standard upholstery and the standard curtains. I might even re-skin those "machine turned" accent walls on the side of the refrigerator and the pantry... they are just a bit too much with the bare interior.

Talked to 2Air who recommended that I try at least one LED in my unit. I have one that is defective, the lens doesn't really fit perfectly in the metal surround and it has cracked around the edges when I've changed the bulb. Of course it's the one over the sink which is hardest to reach, so I bought a replacement fixture AND an LED bulb. Those darned bulbs are expensive especially from Airstream and my 25 FB has 17 of the things! However I've had this thing for over 3 years and I've replaced every bulb once or twice - the LEDS supposedly last 5+ years - so over the long run they should at least break even.

Paula