Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2006, 09:03 AM   #1
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
25' Safari with 2 bathrooms???????????

1998 Classic 1998 25ft AIRSTREAM Safari Travel Trailer RV NR

Item number: 4608878170 This 25' Safari shows in the pictures that it has two intierly differant bathrooms. Was this ever a factory option, I do not know so that is why I am asking??
Old 01-31-2006, 09:52 AM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh
1998 Classic 1998 25ft AIRSTREAM Safari Travel Trailer RV NR

Item number: 4608878170 This 25' Safari shows in the pictures that it has two intierly differant bathrooms. Was this ever a factory option, I do not know so that is why I am asking??
Not that I was aware of in the same coach. Plus, the Safari and Classic are two differnet coaches.
**edit**

I just realized that the number you posted was an eBay listing. Looking at the photos, it looks like a 25 six sleeper Safari. Looks also like they modded the inside a bit. It does in fact have one bathroom, but the pictures do look confusing....I only know this cause I'm a rabbid Airstreamer and happen to have a 25 six sleeper.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:04 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
I think he/she has pics from two diff units on there..clearly the bath trim does not match and the vanity linolium is diff in pics. Also rear bedroom curtains are different.
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:51 AM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Could be a before and after shot, but the bathrooms are the same as they are in the 25' SS units in both pics.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Each shot is a bathroom from a 25'SS... it doesn't look like it's from the same trailer. At first I thought the difference might just be from the coloration of the pics (one taken with flash, one without.) But, when I studied the pictures, they were clearly different. To answer the original quiestion - the 25' only comes with one bathroom. It could be customized to add a second bath... but why???
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
The answer is...it wasn't. Without even looking I can tell you someone's probably scamming and they just pulled a bunch of photos off of the internet to paste up a fake ebay auction to get you to give them your bank account routing number so you can save their princess who is in exile and wants to sell you her airstream 25' so she can buy back the Pink Panther jewel, which was taken by the Phantom when he took power and forced her father into hiding in Tuscon....

er, maybe it IS custom. Yeah, a trailer full of johns!

John
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
I wrote to the seller to ask him why there is a difference in pictures. Let's see what he has to say.

I seriously doubt that this is a scam. Read the sellers feedback and look at his past auctions. He's legitimate. Plus eBay offers a buyer's protection plan for up to $20K.

I read the listing and he doesn't ask for any bank information. Payment is cash (in person) or Check. If I were in the market for a used 25' SS I wouldn't hesitate to bid on this one. I'd hand the seller the check when he hands me the title. No different than buying a used car.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:36 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
I sent an e-mail to the seller and got the following response....

I had one other viewer sharp enough to pick that out. Instead of retyping it all I will forward that conversation to you. Her question is at the very bottom, my answer is above.
THanks

I couldnt tell if this is sarcastic or serious until I actually checked the pics. No it does not have two baths. I flubbed and didnt know it until you just brought to my attention...thanks. You're also the only person who's noticed thus far. I included 2 additional pics in the photo link from another trailer and marked them "example" to show the optional floorplan with front couch and dinette re-installed. I guess when I uploaded these 2 I accidently got an
extra bath pic...the bath is identical except for the trim you point out.. Good eyes you have. The actual bath of the trailer in this auction for sale is the one WITH the wood trim moulding (yellowish tint photo)I had to overcome a number of lighting difficulties with this so I tried w/flash, w/o flash (yellowish tint), and artificial lighting. I was left with really inconsistent results but at least everything was documented. Im not perfect 100% all of the time.
...but only one bath.
thanks

--------
Original question -

Hello, Your Airstream shows two separate bath photos judging from the linolium trim, Does this unit have 2 baths in fact? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:37 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
, Ohio
There are actually two different bathroom and

Galley photo's..look one has spice rack and other has spice rack and mirror.

Says there is a Convertible Dinette/Double bed in the mid-quarters (streetside) which I cannot see. This front was modified the front lounge was removed and replaced with the chairs and the dinnete removed and TV stand was installed..

There would be a ton of question before bidding on this beast

The repair at rear was half baked attempt. Patch looks horrible..
Old 02-01-2006, 05:23 PM   #10
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
BTW, the seller is a forum member, commercial vendor. He used to be very active, but has not posted in a while.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote