Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
topeka , Kansas
window channel felt?

I need to change the felt in my window. I have a 345. how does the window glass come so the felt can be replaced. I found a roll on ebay that looks like the right size but is it?

7/16" x 3/8" Universal Channel in a 100 Foot Roll | eBay
arden_dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Hobe Sound , Florida
Contact Inland RV, they have the right stuff and will send you basic instructions as how to install. A pain the rear, but if you are careful and have some machanical ability you can do it. Be sure to order the fuzzy strip at the same time as you can not replace without removing the slider window which has to be done to change the channel.
raveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy 28
Baytown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by raveson View Post
Contact Inland RV, they have the right stuff and will send you basic instructions as how to install. A pain the rear, but if you are careful and have some machanical ability you can do it. Be sure to order the fuzzy strip at the same time as you can not replace without removing the slider window which has to be done to change the channel.
So you purchase the channel and the felt? I would like to place an order tomorrow, so I want to be sure.
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Cor 10:13
Gypsyrose15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:02 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Hobe Sound , Florida
fuzzy strip

Has been a long time since I have sold my airstream, but if you order the channel without question as you will see, replace the fuzzy strip when you have the slider removed. As said before, a pain in the ass to do but follow the instructions!
raveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #5
Engineer Rich

1992 35' Airstream 350
Anchor Point, AK and San Antonio, TX , Alaska and Texas
Would be interested in any lessons learned and advise you have after you complete the install...have to do the same to my Moho... Warm regards, Rich
engineerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:58 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Honokaa , Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerich View Post
Would be interested in any lessons learned and advise you have after you complete the install...have to do the same to my Moho... Warm regards, Rich
I found this thread be searching for the word "fuzzy", as the original channel is known as fuzzy schlegel (sp?) I saw a much more recent thread where PeterH points out a product that he likes better than the original.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f160...ment-9584.html

I did not have to remove the lock from the window in order to get the window out.
Waipio Rim is offline   Reply With Quote