John H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #16
Athens GA
1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
I have a 345 I just got. I like the vodka but I am sorry I still don't understand how to winterize Do I put the vodka in the fresh water tank then turn on pump? What about the city water filler? Do I pump anything in there?I had someone tell me no winterize stuff just blow out lines with just air hook up open valves and no worries. Put some antifreeze in sink traps and toilets but none in lines. I had to remove my bypass hot water valve it was leaking. I will fix leak in summer and reinstall. How does that work? Sorry about so many questions. I have 9 airstreams, and 1 345 I should know how to do this. I live in GA and it got down to 14 deg last week. That is record low for us. I just turned on the heat in my motorhome and my other sovereign I used past summer. All the others don't have any water in the lines. Dried up. Thank you so much for any answers I get. Oh love the motorhome although I will keep my 26' 67 and my 32' 86 for backup. Lol. And prob keep the others for back up for those lol. I love them all!! What is wrong with me?

Athens GA
Myrtle lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:32 AM   #17
The Hawk's Lair
1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
I have blown out the lines in the past but it seems that there is always a little pocket of water that persists and causes damage. Now I use the Vodka.

First I disconnect the water heater and use a short piece of extra line with a coupling at each end to bypass it altogether. Then I drain the water from the outside by removing the drain plug.

Now I disconnect the fresh water line from where it connects to the tank ahead of the pump and filter. I then use this line if it's long enough, (or put an extension on it til it is), and using the pump I pump the vodka through the system. I have my wife monitoring the faucets and shutting them off as each one starts spewing vodka. Don't forget the ice maker. I just loosen the connection where the water comes into it and wait til it drips vodka.

I then reconnect everything and I'm all set. It sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn't once you've done it and have everything the way you want it.

In the Spring I merely hook up to water and pump the lines out. Of course you could have a party with vodka coming out of each faucet.

It takes between four or five fifths to do the unit. I buy the cheapest stuff I can get as I do not intend to drink it.
There is no "I" in the word "team," but there are four in "Platitude Quoting Idiot!"

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #18
Rivet Master
1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
This sounds to me like alcohol abuse. Lets party! Sal.

noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote