Old 01-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #15
1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
wouldn't live without it!!

I can't imagine living without the shower in our '64 Tradewind.

At first, I couldn't imagine showering with so little water (I'm queen of the :30 minute showers in the morning).....but my husband taught me the basics: wet down, turn off water, lather up, turn on water, rinse off, turn off water.

I'm 5' 10", my husband is 6'1" and while it may be just a bit cramped, it sure beats standing upright in a "questionably" clean public shower. Blech.

"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:50 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member
abergele , conwy
Hey whats the water pressure like in these showers?.Im considering buying a A/S 280 and living in it full time,so i was wondering whether i could live with a RV shower every day?..... ....ive spent time in a small touring caravan with a (so called shower ) and found i could spit with more pressure....

purplehippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
choctaw , Oklahoma
Judy and I can go for two weeks without running out of fresh water or totally filling the holding tanks. We shower every day. The pressure and volume are very good.
If we aren't in a RV park, the dish water is thrown out the door using plastic tubs.
If we are in a RV park, I only hook up to the electric. The shower in my 345 'Silver Bullet' doesn't compeer to the 4'X4' walk-in at home, but, hay that's roughen it.
choctawmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:14 PM   #18
Getting Back Into It...
1975 Argosy 24
St Petersburg , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to ttam
I spend three nights a week in my '06 28SO, and use the shower every morning before work. You find after awhile that you develop a "ritual", like remembering to turn on the hot water heater (and then waiting at least 20 minutes if you want a warm shower), using the navy valve to conserve water, wiping down the shower when you're done, etc.

My best advice when doing this the first/second time is to take your time and move slowly. If you're jumping around in the shower trying to get all the cracks/crevices, you're sure to whack an elbow or head.

Other advise: I don't ever sit - I just lean against the walls. Buy yourself some of those suction-cup thingies to hold your soap and shampoo, so you don't have to bend over to get the soap off the seat (or the floor if you drop it - good luck there if you're not limber). Buy a squeegie to help keep the shower drier and avoid mold (I have none).
ttam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member
2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
well,, showering aids for me include a long handled bath brush and squeeze out body wash,,, used sparingly,,, rv showers are rv showers,,but at least you can be passably clean,, squeaky cleaning is best done elsewhere... Happy Trails,,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member
1984 27' Sovereign
Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
Question Showers

Speaking of showers. Anyone have experience in re-covering the walls with a waterproof product? At some point, the rear wall has had the wall covering removed and it appears to be wood showing.
Hiwheel Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:14 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member
1965 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Orinda , California
Swedish manufacture steam-proof wallpapers. I had it in my house shower in Europe 25 years ago. Look great and lasted. I guess you can find them here with some search.
Other option are bathroom panels from Home Depot.
Kajtek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member
1967 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
I live in my 67 Overlander full time at a very nice RV resort/park. I use the rather opulent private shower facilities at the park clubhouse (you never run out of gallons upon gallons of hot steamy old land locked house was never that forgiving!). When I take my rig to the Texas Gulf Coast and boondock, its the 5 gallon solar shower routine for me and any significant other who accompanies me. In an emergency its the old 1 gallon GI bath wash cloth routine in the AS "bath" room.

Aloha - Ronnie aka Lonali - Skipper, First Mate, and Cabin Boy of "The Leaky Tiki" - 1967 Overlander International Land Yacht
bighowdytex is offline   Reply With Quote