Old 04-05-2003, 01:29 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Update from us, our 345LE is for sale...

Hi Aistream Mo-Homers

I have been real quiet on this wonderful forum for the past 6 months because I have been in the process of selling my company (a computer network technology company that makes systems for the recording studio business) and that is now done! Hooray! I am not rich but I am now free to do what I have always wanted and that is to take a year to travel around the country.

The wife and I are planning on going off around the country for 12 months literally going from San Francisco to Seattle to Vancouver to Minneapolis to Chicago to New York to DC to Miami to New Orleans to Austin to Los Angeles - where we will be living in future.

After much debating we have decided to sell our 1990 345LE, which is in outstanding condition and only 44,000 miles and having spent about $35k on restoring it, and get a larger 40ft Prevost bus conversion - we need room for the wife's shoes!

Here's why we have decided to sell the 345LE - we will be living full time and travelling for the next couple of years. We have 2 big cats, all my photo gear, her computers (designer), my computers, my guitars and we want to be able to tow our Ford Ranger with my trailbike in the back...

There simply isn't the storage room or the chassis/engine power to do that with the 345LE. Oh and the shoes of the wife as mentioned. Actually being serious the clothes and shoes storage becomes a real issue if you are going to be living full time. A weekend trip or a few weeks vacation at a time is *really* different to taking your whole world around with you!

We will still be keeping our 58 Traveler (as in the photos on this site) of course and will be looking at getting another restored vintage trailer next year to use for our weekend trips! We can't stand to not be Airstream people anymore!

Any one interested in finding out more about the 345LE (it is in San Francisco) drop me a line at - I am in the middle of doing a web site for it this weekend with full details.

We will REALLY miss our beautiful 345 but have had to come to the conclusion we can't afford to keep her too!

By the way, as we travel around the country we'd love to drop in and enjoy a cup of tea with any folk who read this forum (hey, I'm a Brit - got to have a nice cup of tea in the afternoon!)

We'll post our whereabouts every so often!

Very best wishes to you all

Will and Naomi Henshall
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b_airstream_left_rearsmaller.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1901  

WBCC #8048
1958 18Ft Traveller
Los Angeles CA
williamhenshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 11:43 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Congratulations on your bold new move! You'll have a wonderful time. You must consider the New England states area-rich with history and charm. There are so very many wonderful places to visit in this vast country the decisions become difficult.

eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 03:36 AM   #3
Rivet Master
1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Send a message via ICQ to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Yahoo to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Skype™ to 53flyingcloud
Talking 'Will' done~!

Nice to hear you unloaded the 'business' and, are now ready to travel..

I'll keep an eye out for your post` If you're either in N.E. or, down by the coast in Virginia..You and, the lil Lady of "shoes" are welcome to stop by~!

Lov to see your new "star encased stairway"..

Attached Images
WBCCI 5292 AIR 807
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 08:53 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Austin , Texas
Good to hear from the legendary williamhenshall,

I always wondered what happened to the guy who posted the zillion pictures on the photo site and then mysteriously vanished. Quite a project you took on there! I have met one other person who has probably outdone you though, another legend, Bud Cooper. He is with the WBCCI and more specifically founded the VAC unit of the club. He has pics pulling his shell on his 48 model A/S and also had to build a new frame for it. To top it off he is close to 80 years old and probably weighs all of 150 lbs. Has done several of them as well.

Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 11:52 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member
The link for our 345LE for sale web pages

There are also about 200 photos of it there as well, will be useful for archive purposes I think. I should put them all up on the Airstream Photos site too when I get a few minutes...

Best to all

Will and Naomi Henshall
WBCC #8048
1958 18Ft Traveller
Los Angeles CA
williamhenshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 06:46 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Good luck, it sure is a beautiful Airstream, but moving up to a Prevost should be painless.
If you are In Atlanta and want to pick some, my guitars are always tuned!

ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote