Old 01-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I have seen a couple of Vixens around here, both waiting for repairs ( figures)
but they were sure different.
I also saw a string of those Corvair Motorhome cruising the georgia Mtns a few yrs back.

1966 Overlander
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #30
1977 28' argosy moho
scarborough , ontario
GMC Layout

Glen, I agree. I looked at a couple of the GMCs over the years but none of their layouts seemed logical to me. Why would I need to seat 8 or 10 people when just the missus and I are travelling? They also seem very complicated and I understand that the front wheel bearings can leave you stranded. But I love their look.

Warbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:47 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member
1984 27' Airstream 270
Skaneateles , New York
MH manufactures GMC concept van

We lived in a westfalia for 4 months. We traveled the coastline of France,Spain,Portugal then into Morocco. We spent a month in around the Atlas mts and the border with Algeria. Many lessons were learned from the trip (a)MH travel is the most time/cost effective way to travel (b)the earth has already reached it's human carrying capacity..a Malthusian crisis (c)the smallest lightest vehicle is best. So when we started a search for a MH we made a matrix of pros/cons on all the older units Ultravan,Clark,FMC,GMC,etc. It became clear that for our needs an Airstream 27,28,or 29 would be the best choice. We bought a 27 and it seems like a rolling palace. This smaller unit fits our digital architecture photography business. Our first images are made as the sun is rising and the last one after the sun has set often in urban areas. Now we have food, water,bed,bath and computer lab in a reasonably small package. Airstram is well made and to me the design is more attractive than other MHs. Cheers Tom

wanderingeye is offline   Reply With Quote