Old 05-22-2006, 07:56 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Alan it was not meant to be. You and Shannon would never have been happy in a trailer. There would be no stories to tell. No: "remember the time when we had to travel without lights and spend the night packed between trucks in a truck stop?" You are to be a Classic owner. There are only so many of us who can truly appreciate these great machines. Now that you have taken it off of the market I can stop praying.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:34 AM   #16
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
I figure though that the person out there who wants a Classic, will want it whatever the gas does...it still s fun and interesting ride, and one that is hard to find.
Great attitude Alan! Good luck selling your motor home. It is a beauty!
We sold our vintage trailer last fall and it took 1 1/2 months. We had lots of flaky callers, people who came to the house to see it or made appointments and never showed up not even bothering to call! Had one guy who called several times sounding drunk (at 9 am go figure!). We had a lady who came out twice, asked us to hold it for her, no deposit, then called saying her home owners association wouldn't let her park it on their property in northern Michigan...
Finally the right person called, one with a serious attitude, came out and had a great straightforward deal...here's hoping the nice buyer finds you!

Sorry to hear about your teen's car accident, hope he and everyone involved is safe and sound. Best wishes.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:55 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

my argosy 28 is for sale

probably won't help the market though since i listed it on ebay at a $500 starting price. i just want it gone though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ALCA%3AUS%3A31

m.
mwendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:58 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Great attitude Alan! Good luck selling your motor home. It is a beauty!
We sold our vintage trailer last fall and it took 1 1/2 months. We had lots of flaky callers, people who came to the house to see it or made appointments and never showed up not even bothering to call! Had one guy who called several times sounding drunk (at 9 am go figure!). We had a lady who came out twice, asked us to hold it for her, no deposit, then called saying her home owners association wouldn't let her park it on their property in northern Michigan...
Finally the right person called, one with a serious attitude, came out and had a great straightforward deal...here's hoping the nice buyer finds you!

Sorry to hear about your teen's car accident, hope he and everyone involved is safe and sound. Best wishes.
thanks for that! My kid is fine, he graduates in a few days so all is well.
As for the AS, seems there are lots of flaky folk out there who want to look at one or just talk about buying it. But the real buyers know what they want when the see it.
As for Chaplain Kent-- he's right as usual.!!

AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote