Old 05-01-2007, 07:47 PM   #57
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Window Parts

Here's a link to the thread that was the most help to me. http://www.airforums.com/forum...all-18806.html If you read through it, there are several complete descriptions of what to replace, and how to do it. Part numbers are not an easy deal since they aren't uniform between retailers. I stuck with Vintage Trailer and Inland RV. I first bought all I could from Vintage, and the remainder from Inland. Once you've read over the posts, measure your window sections to get an idea of how much you'll need of each item, then call Vintage and Inland. If my memory is any good , you'll need the outer rubber weatherstrip that actually keeps the water from running down inside the body of the MoHo, the fuzzy channel that the window slides in, the vertical rubber and fuzzy strips that keep out air and water when the window is closed. That's assuming you really need all that stuff. After I really took a good look at my windows, I could have gotten away with only the outer weather channel. It had gotten brittle and was actually broken in places. The other items were still working adequately, even if not like new.

If I've forgotten anything, I'm sure someone will chime in and help me out.

Best,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajheinonen
Novia thanks for the reply, I know there were a lot of posts on the windows in the past, I saw someone say they were going to put together a list.

I see different parts on InlandRV and the Vintage trailer sites, just looking for advice on the best fit and what parts are common between front sliders and rear side windows.

Any help with part numbers that could be found locally at glass shops is a plus.

AIR # 5648
noiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 AM   #58
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
1982 28' Airstream 280
Gloucester , Massachusetts
window parts

that link didn't work, please try again

thank you

Old 05-02-2007, 08:40 AM   #59
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajheinonen
that link didn't work, please try again

thank you

Sorry about that. This should do it. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f311...all-18806.html Look particularly at the posts from 'guy99'. There are several in that thread. He did detailed instructions for the different types of weather stripping used on the front side windows. Sorry I can't give you part numbers I used, but they went with the MoHo when I sold it back in October. (I'll test this link to be sure it takes you to the right one.) Sorry I can't help with the side windows behind the front ones, but I never had to work on them.

Best,
AIR # 5648
noiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #60
2 Rivet Member

1979 24' Airstream Excella 24
athens , Georgia
MUCH EARLIER THREAD QUOTE:

"Next take out the bottom plastic slide track, there is only one screw that holds this in place. Next is a clear top track, which is not shown in the manual! Most of my top tracks were totally destroyed but the screws remained and needed to be removed."

GREETING FOLKS! I have been lurking for some time and it is finally time for me to "get off the snide" and post something. I have a '79 24' ASMoHo and I am finally screwing up the courage after 11 years of ownership to redo the windows. This thread has been MOST HELPFUL.

I have most of the necessary stuff ordered and the fix seems easy enough, particularly with my benefiting from the wisdom of each of you guys experiences... going back to 2005 when this sticky thread began. My question has to do with the two items referenced above in the quote... the "bottom plastic slide track" and the "clear top track". I may have missed it but I haven't seen a source for these items? I also get the feeling that perhaps these two items may not be absolutely necessary for a satisfactory fix.

My top clear tacks are in bad shape and at least one of my bottom plastic strips is "shot".

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I will also repaint the windows and frames while I am redoing the side and cockpit windows.

dick jurgensen
athens, ga
'79 24' ASMoHo
Old 03-03-2009, 07:27 AM   #61

Currently Looking...
Moore Haven , Florida
We have a 1987 290 Classic Airstream motorhome. We are rebuilding our sliding windows and have all the pieces except the plastic top and bottom slides. Can you tell us where to locate them?
Thank you for your very good instructions.

Ron Wolter
1987 290 Classic Motorhome
Old 03-03-2009, 08:07 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Check with Vintage Trailer Supply, I got mine there.
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I realize this is an old thread, but it and the linked threads have helped me immensely in my search for product to repair my windows in the moho.

In reference to the channel that is being bought and discussed in this thread (AS 1268 and other part numbers depending on the store)... Those that have installed it years ago, is it still holding up well? I can get it (different part no., same stuff) from vintage trailer for $14/8 ft. The "genuine" shagle or whatever spelling you like to use from out of doors mart is $2.65 / ft. So, I can get the alternate stuff for less than $2/ft. Very tempting.

As well with the vertical and perimeter molding / weatherstrip. It seems as though the genuine article is available from out of doors mart (and likely others) but at a decent cost. If there are suggestions for alternative sources, I'd love to hear of them. I need to redo ALL windows in the Argy 24 and that means about 150' of shagle, 40' of perimeter weatherstrip, and 20' of the vertical "wiper" weatherstrip. I've surely spent more on restoration work, but nevertheless I always like to minimize cost.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #64
Athens GA

1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream
I realize this is an old thread, but it and the linked threads have helped me immensely in my search for product to repair my windows in the moho.

In reference to the channel that is being bought and discussed in this thread (AS 1268 and other part numbers depending on the store)... Those that have installed it years ago, is it still holding up well? I can get it (different part no., same stuff) from vintage trailer for $14/8 ft. The "genuine" shagle or whatever spelling you like to use from out of doors mart is $2.65 / ft. So, I can get the alternate stuff for less than $2/ft. Very tempting.

As well with the vertical and perimeter molding / weatherstrip. It seems as though the genuine article is available from out of doors mart (and likely others) but at a decent cost. If there are suggestions for alternative sources, I'd love to hear of them. I need to redo ALL windows in the Argy 24 and that means about 150' of shagle, 40' of perimeter weatherstrip, and 20' of the vertical "wiper" weatherstrip. I've surely spent more on restoration work, but nevertheless I always like to minimize cost.
I hope out of doors mart is good stuff. I just bought some for my 87 345. After my research they seem to be best price and real good to deal with.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #65
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I've been very happy with out of doors mart.

I am somewhat reluctant, though, to buy the original replacement shagle because there was some discussion on here of rust occurring if the rubber was compromised and the steel core exposed. This is exactly what happened to all of my windows. They rusted and the previous owner never took care of it before things got too bad so all of the windows froze-up. I guess if you camp in the moho all the time with the A/C on, then that's OK. But we don't. We like to boondock and even when connected to 30A, we still prefer windows open if it's not sweltering outside.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #66
Athens GA

1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
Got mine on. No more wind noise. It's ready for my Key West in January trip! One was completely missing too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-847158267.png
Views:	121
Size:	735.6 KB
ID:	144446  
Old 11-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Redwood City , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtle lynn
Got mine on. No more wind noise. It's ready for my Key West in January trip! One was completely missing too!
Very nice. Wanted to do mine before heading to Yosemite next week...will have to endure the wind noise a bit longer. I didn't get everything I needed from Inland RV...oh well.

There is a few of us about to start this process. Any advice or instructions you can pass on would be great!

"We are free to go where we wish and to be what we are"
Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagall
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #68
Athens GA

1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy

Very nice. Wanted to do mine before heading to Yosemite next week...will have to endure the wind noise a bit longer. I didn't get everything I needed from Inland RV...oh well.

There is a few of us about to start this process. Any advice or instructions you can pass on would be great!
The only real issue was on that diagonal pice. I had cut it to size and used a real small screw driver to push it back in the track. Took me an hour and 3 cocktails to figure that out. It is a very tight squeeze.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #69
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
You did better than me...
I spent 2 hours on it today, and could not get the fin seal in, or the rubber diagonal.. explain how you did it???
Old 11-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #70
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I've done two of my windows on the Argosy now and my method is as Myrtle put it. The vertical (or diagonal if you're doing the driver / passenger windows) wiper seal is the toughest. It has a T shape to the base which must be squeezed into the channel. I started the process by applying some petroleum jelly to the seal, but this proved tougher than doing it dry as my screwdriver kept sliding off as I was trying to push it in the channel. I get the one side of the T into the channel, then I use a full-size flat-blade screwdriver to press the other side of the T into the channel. A smaller screwdriver might puncture the seal. Work your way from bottom to top (or vice versa if more comfortable for you) one screwdriver width at a time. This ends up being the longest part of the seal replacement process. For the windows I was doing, I was kneeling on the couch and hunched-over while pushing the seal in. It was a pain, but the results are wonderful. The windows slide open and closed, don't leak going down the road, and don't leak when it rains. The only problem so far has been that we have to be very careful to make sure the windows are fully closed. The new seals all the way around make that difficult sometimes! Only 6 more windows to completely redo for me! But, that will wait for the warmth to return. I imagine pushing these seals in while cold would be a royal pain.