Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Shore water hookups?

Ok, this is going to sound like a stupid question, but since I've owned my 92 LY MH I've never hooked her up to shore water. How do you hook up the RV to shore water?

I've always boondocked and used the fresh water container and holding tanks for water and sewer. Next month we'll be going to Old Federal Campgrounds on Lake Sydney Lanier in GA and they have shore power and water there.

As I see it, I have two options.

1:At the back I have a locking filler door where there is a female hose connection port and a gravity filler port to fill the fresh water holding tank. I think that I would need to run the pump to get pressure in the unit. There is a opening in the locking door to route the hose through so I can lock the door and still have the hose connected. Is this correct?

2:About mid point, in one of the lower compartments on the road side, is a hose reel with about 50' of hose that has a female end that can be attached to a water spigot. I'm assuming that all I need to do is connect the hose on the reel to a water spigot at the camp site and I'll have pressurized water without having to run the pump. Only down side is I can't see a way to route the hose out of the compartment without leaving it unlocked. Is this correct?

I also found another loose hose in a rear compartment that has a 40-60psi regulator attached with a male and female hose end on each side. I'm also assuming that I should put the regulator inline between the spigot and the hose on the reel.

Any idea how the "Auto filler" switch works?

Just needing a sanity check. I can't test it right now since the LY is not near a water source.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote