Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
tn2
DixieDove

1978 Argosy 27
1978 28' Argosy 28
Camden , Tennessee
RV maintenance service

Has anyone used the services of DILLON's RV CITY in Pheonix AZ. They're located at 10310 E. Apache Trail (Apache Junction). I plan to have quite a bit of work done and was wondering if they are good place to go.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
The search function shows quite a number of returns when you put in Dillon's. This post may be telling -- plus some other ideas for Phoenix area. Oasis RV down in Tucson is an Airstream dealer -- search on them too; their reputation is quite good. I know them principally as a handy knowledgeable source for mailorder.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:39 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
We live closer to Dillon's but Oasis in Tucson is our AS dealer and choice for repair and warranty work. Every time I go to Dillon's I get bad vibes.
-KL
Old 01-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
An old thread I realize, but the only one I could find regarding body panel replacement in AZ. Anyone know of anyone who is able to do a quality job of repairing a vintage Airstream? Been to Oasis and have a quote but getting it was a slow process and we need the trailer repaired sooner than later. If their repair process takes as long as it did to get the estimate we'd be in trouble so if you have good experiences with them please share them. I've also tried Al's RV, their Yuma branch, but they do not do body panel replacement.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
_ , _
You might find something here...

http://vintageairstream.com/rr_topics_suppliers.html
Old 01-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Thanks for the lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
You might find something here...

VintageAirstream - Suppliers
the

Appreciate the leads

Barry
Old 02-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Thanks to those who provided recommendations. Overall the votes were mostly for Oasis RV in Tucson. We had some problems getting a response but now understand that there were internal issues they were dealing with.

We also tried Al's RV in Yuma, who in turn suggested two other firms, CJ Trailer and Country RV, both in Yuma. CJ's were quick to respond and when we visited their location they have a few Airstreams under repair and knew their stuff when the owner came past the CG we were at to get a look for his estimate. County were also responsive but it turned out the fellow who came past thought the trailer was made of stainless steel and indicated he had already repaired a rear panel on one using Stainless. He did not know what types of rivets to use nor how they were applied (eeks). Good heart, just not knowledgeable enough to touch our Tradewind.

We ended up at Oasis in Tucson. They did a great job, and very quickly, replacing the two body panels and repairing the inside panels. We delivered the trailer on Monday morning and picked it up Wednesday morning. Our only concern is that it appears they used new Airstream type of aluminum which is going to be a bugger (I think) to get the same level of shine as the rest of the trailer, but I'll have to tackle that when we get home. Richard did the work and he is very good. We are impressed, relieved to have it done and it looks good.

If you are needing your Airstream repaired in AZ I would recommend Oasis RV in Tucson without hesitation. They really do know their Airstreams and they have many on site under various states of repair. Watching them work they don't appear to take shortcuts.

I would think that CJ's in Yuma would also be an option, although they were unable to commit to repairing the trailer as quickly. What was done at Oasis in two hard days was estimated to be 2 to 3 weeks effort at CJ's. I suspect they would have done it much quicker but were making sure they were not setting unrealistic expectations.

These threads that provide options for repairing ones Airstream while on the road are invaluable. Thank you to those who post their experiences for the rest of us. It was invaluable to us to know what our fellow Airstreamers thought of the various repair centers.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
daveharc

Chandler , Arizona
Send a message via Yahoo to daveharc
The problem I found is that Airstream told me that Oasis RV is no longer and Authorized dealer and I cannot get warranty work done there. Can anyone recommend a place that does warranty work? I live in Arizona.
daveharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Dave, when we contacted Airstream for alternatives the only one they offered was Dillon for AZ based authorized repairs.

How quickly do you need your repairs done? The reason I ask is that we have heard from various people at events that there is another Dealer complete with repair facilities proposed for the Scotsdale area, supposedly with a spring target for opening, and it was indicated that a recently retired Airstream executive was the owner. I suspect until it actually opens Airstream would be reluctant to steer traffic away from their existing dealers - and the other thing - so far I have not heard this officially, just while sitting around a couple of campfires with a bunch of other aluminium-heads. Does anyone else have more detail? Is it for real? If so, this might give you an option if you can wait.

We did not hear anything negative about Dillon other than a few folks suggesting strongly that the people they have dealt with and are happy are the Oasis folks. While we were there they had trailers from all over the country, for the most part snow birds I suspect, in for repairs and were quite busy.

Their buildings are certainly no where new, it is just an old former Airstream dealership who are continuing to provide service to Airstream owners, so if you have not been to their location don't be surprised at how small and tattered their building/location appear.

If you do have Dillon do the work it would be nice to get your feedback on the results.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2011 31' Classic
Nellysford , Virginia
Quick update on Dillon RV in Phoenix. We needed a broken window replaced while on the road during late October-early November 2012. We called Jackson Center to be sure they had the window on hand. From Tennessee we called Dillon to make the arrangements and get on their schedule. When we arrive in Phoenix the window was there and the folks at Dillon were very helpful and friendly. I'd recommend them for Airstream repairs if / when you're in the the area and in need.
TAC VA-18 | Life Mbr ACI 1927 - Spirit of Virginia Club | AIR 53869
Silver Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
When I was initially looking at Airstreams during the fall of 2012, I stopped by Dillon's and was given the impression that they were an authorized dealer as they were doing sales. Doing more research on line, I discovered they are only an authorized service center.

I went back to inquire about several repair parts, and it appears everything I was inquiring about had to be ordered at list + shipping + tax. Sales person was not too knowledgeable.

Just my recent experience.
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Dillon's (Mesa) and Oasis (Tucson) no longer sell Airstreams. Oasis still has the experienced technicians that know Airstreams very well, but not factory authorized.

LazyDays RV (Tucson) just became authorized for sales and service, and have some new Airstreams in stock. Looking forward to any reports of them as Airstream dealers.

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
I stopped at Dillon's asking about a couple of parts like six weeks ago, and the kid looked at me like a cow looking at a new gate. He said he'd call the factory and call me back.

I just know he'll actually call me back - Real Soon Now.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
We have a lot of those types behind service counters in our area. They are graduates of one or both universities.
The university of IDK or IDC.
IDK= I Don't Know
IDC= I Don"t Care
Or it could be the institution of higher education known as Duh State.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
<snip>
IDK= I Don't Know
IDC= I Don"t Care
<snip>
...and that's the difference between ignorance and apathy.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ/GA. . . I bought my used AS from Oasis in Tucson (consignment deal) and have had it back there for service. They are great & know Airstreams. Since my solar system just died I plan to take it back there next month. Haven't seen or heard of anyone else that I'd use and it's only 120 miles from Scottsdale. Regards, Craig