Old 09-19-2003, 11:56 PM   #15
Rivet Master
Austin , Texas
Originally posted by jcanavera
We beat this subject to death a few months ago. You will find those who say absolutely not and others like me who say its ok, with certain safety considerations. Rather that duplicate this all over again, here is the link to our discussion. You will note a few of us got our dander raised on this issue. The bottom line is you have to make the choice that gives you comfort.

Read on.

Oh yeah,

The last hurrah from Femuse!! I feel like such an old man around here now. I think it has been almost a year now since I registered. Looking forward to another year! I will be sure to ring my own bell when the time comes. (ala Pahaska)

I think I did ruffle your feathers a bit there Jack. Don't worry too much though, most of the time the old pilot gets blown out so if we ever cross paths you should be safe and sound.

Peace Brother!

Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:15 AM   #16

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
What ever happened to Femuse?

Just so I'm not completely hijacking the thread, I'll add that so far our trips have been close enough to home that we start out with food in a cooler with ice, just like a regular camping trip, and switch it over in the evening after setting up camp and letting the fridge cool down. Since ours runs only on LPG, so running on DC is not an option, I guess we might have to be brave and try travelling with it on when we take a longer trip someday. The previous owners used it that way all the way to Alaska and back, and many other places, for the 7 years they owned it with no problem.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote