Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2003, 09:55 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Chino , California
Outside window trim

I just finished replacing the U shape fuzzy channel on the driver and passenger side.Now the trim on the outside, I can get the one that wraps around top to back side then to the bottom,but the piece that slides into the vertical frame between the stationary window and the slidder are not available.It looklike the same on the other windows except the rest of the windows is grey in color but this is black?
The U shape fuzzy channel is real easy to do and I DONT have to notch it going around the corner, just have to cut holes for the weep holes.Now the windows are easy to slide.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:19 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1979 24' Airstream Excella 24
Adams , Tennessee
Lip mold

I'm in the same boat with the lip mold I am currently
seeking a vendor to make this item and have emailed Airstream with a company that can and does make these type items for the
automotive industry. Maybe we could ask folks on this forum who need this peice of mold and get enough for everyone who needs it. I have yet to hear back from airstream as to wheather or not they will ever restock it so I am going to try to have some made
so I can complete my 310 referb at the present time I have both of my side windows removed and would like to get them back in
but I am waiting untill I can find the mold as it is much eaiser to replace while the window frame is out of the vehicle. If anyone reads this let's try to get a list of folks together with the footage that they would like to buy. I think the minium order to have something like this is 500 ft so between all of us I think we could probably use more than that. I have also heard thru the grapevine that even Airstream needs this stuff for their shop in Ohio but have none but not sure as that is only rumor. But if I wait on Airstream I may die of old age before I get any info from them.
Bfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 11:00 AM   #3
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
If you need someone to help use the molding count me in. I have some but it is only enough for a couple of windows

I bought it last year and never got to the job of replacing it on my 76. It wasn't that bad, I was just redoing the whole window and thought I would replace it. After doing 2 I kinda gave up

Now if I could find window tracks
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 07:41 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

molding ect.

I just bought a 1984 310 limited and it will or does need the window seals ect. replaced so count me in if you can . I also have a friend that just bought a 1985 345 and I am sure his will need some also . Just keep me informed on the progress and where you can get the other available items.
farmerjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 10:15 AM   #5

to Lido and Linda

We bought a 1986 345 from "uncleneal" and are presently giving it a good work-over.

Of course also the fuzzy channels for the front side windows have to be replaced. Where did you find these channels ?
Also some advice how to replace these would be quite welcome.
As regarding to the lip molding ( I assume that these are the vertical moldings which are on the back of the front parts of all the windows ) you can also count us in to a possible purchase because they don't look very good any more either.

This is all for now but I know I will have a lot of questions later.

Karl H. Schaette
WBCCI 7111
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	345front.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	4001  
Old 12-03-2003, 10:23 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

picture

As I look at the above picture are those ice melters mounted on your bumper or are they to test the charging system? Man them are big lights!!!
farmerjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 11:52 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Erika- nice garage and I thought I was doing ok with my vinyl canopy! Saw that coach at Top of Georgia sometime ago, glad it still has a good home.
Here is a copy from an earlier post on window channel stuff--

Go to your local glass company and see if they can match this number from their seals and weatherstripping catalog:
ASF126896
Its all rubber with a felt lip. When cut from the back every 1/4" at the corners, it conforms better than the fabric/wire mash stuff. It is also much easier to cut the weep holes for the drains.
It retails for about $15.-/8'
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 03:20 PM   #8

Thanks Alumaniac,

We will try that out and keep tou posted with the results.

Erika ( and Karl ) Schaette
Old 12-03-2003, 05:31 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

, Connecticut
To bad your so far away. I need a place to work on my Argosy and it looks like you have some X-tra Space
aviontt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 04:30 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Chino , California
We got it from Inland R.V. for $2.65 per ft. The owner of Inland is Andy He is very knowlegable with air stream and have alot of parts.