Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-06-2004, 09:56 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Land Yacht

Any owners of the Land Yacht Diesel Pusher series? We're the owners of a 1997 35' unit and would like to share questions/comments about the Airstream. Thanks!
meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:11 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Land Yacht Motorhome

We own a 95 wide body diesel pusher, 35 foot LandYacht with a 230 Cummins engine. Will gladly respond to questions that we have experienced during our 5 years of motorhoming.

Fred Ettline
ettlinef@netzero.net
phred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:10 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

I have a friend who gets a new Diesel Pusher every couple of years. He says the new one he got about two months ago is the best one yet. I think it about 39 feet long. Just beautiful. No problems at all.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:04 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Noblesville , Indiana
LAndYacht

Fred,
Hello! We are newbies to this RV thing. Attempting to purchase a 1995 long distance. Will let you know when it is accomplished. Anything to share with a potential owner would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John & Sharon
gunworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 07:46 PM   #5

Thumbs up Land Yacht Motorhomes

We also own a 1996, 35 foot Land Yacht with a Cummins engine. I would like to share comments with all of you.

I remodeled the front half of my unit last year and it turned out great.

Dick Donovan #1027
dickdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 07:56 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Meadowlarki, Gunworks, Dickdon and others of the Landyacht diesel pusher ownership group: email Phred at the address shown below and we can get our thoughts together!

Fred Ettline

ettlinef@netzero.net
phred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:03 PM   #7

We're owners of a 1994 35' Landyacht, Spartan Chassis, 230 cummins, have had it two years, 10K miles traveled. Have done a lot to it to bring it back from unused status. Installing Exhaust brake at present, also brake work being done. Anyone know what the water valve under the storage bin slidout does?
LALandyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:02 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Talking

LaLandyacht: Is the slide out bin under the couch located behind the driver's seat? We have a '97 Land Yacht, owned it for a year and it's been a great unit. Naturally, there are the usual maintenance issues to contend with, but it is a learning curve. I try to go with the flow and not get too frustrated with items that crop up(such as a malfunctioning alternator on our way to Washington last year). Anyway, let me know about your water valve- I've got a brake light problem I need help on!!
meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #9

2001 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/slide
salinas , California
We just bought a 2001 land yacht with a 330 cat diesel. We love it so far but we have questions. First, our slide out will not close all the way. Well it will close all the way but it likes to sneak back open, about 2-3 inches when we aren't looking. Like when we are driving down the road. We bought it from a guy who really didn't know anything about the coach and the manuals are missing. Any thoughts?
flourchick is offline   Reply With Quote