Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
janeinthemtns

1985 31' Excella
near Chama , New Mexico
Is there an AS inspector in Albuquerque?

Hello -

My elderly mother and I would like to purchase an Airstream trailer in Albuquerque we found on Craigslist. We are 150 miles north near Chama. We have no knowledge of travel trailers and we are afraid to make a mistake! I contacted the 2 inspectors listed here on the forums and I have not received a response in 2 days. We are afraid to miss it because it looks perfect. We can be there during the inspection and if everything looks good, we will buy the trailer .

Thanks for any suggestions.
sheridan616@gmail.com

Jane
janeinthemtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2004 31' Classic
lubbock , Texas
You might give Andrew (the younger one) a call at Holiday Travel Trailers service dept ... There would most likely be a charge but if you have no other choice ...

We purchased our AS from them and were treated fairly and are happy with the service we received.
jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Second that recommendation on Andrew, and Lucas as well as their Dad. They are all very honest and accommodating. We purchased our new AS from Holiday and have been very satisfied with them on service.
JamuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
janeinthemtns

1985 31' Excella
near Chama , New Mexico
Thanks very much for the referrals and names. We appreciate it. My printer died yesterday so I copied out most of the inspection list. I will try to get one of those guys to go look the trailer over tomorrow. Meanwhile, we are going down there to check it out today. Printer and refrigerator broke down on the same day and phone service not working well. Yikes.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
janeinthemtns

1985 31' Excella
near Chama , New Mexico
We bought the 85 31' Airstream in Albuquerque! I am so excited!!! The owner said he planned to take the trailer to Holiday (without my suggestion) to have it checked out and I could pick it up there and get the run down. Then I found out the Holiday folks own a store out at Heron Lake which is about 4 miles from where I live. There is no sign of wear anywhere in the trailer. It's like new. An airplane mechanic owned it and did a lot of work on it. It was sold when he passed away at 90.

Thank you everyone for those posts. It eliminated a lot of stress and worry. Thanks so much.