Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-02-2016, 11:52 AM   #1

1984 31' Airstream310
Port Mouton , Nova Scotia
Interior finishes

We have a 1984 310 dark inside can it be painted or does it lose value
Dahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Airstream Coach - Other
ancramdale , New York
i do not think you can put paint on that kind on cabinetry(not wood)but you could line it with something,like stainless steel, framed ,or even aluminium,or a very good wall paper...any nice aestetic change can only enhance its resale value....and make it less dark...check the forum and see other airstreamers renovations...surprising what people do....good luck M
la nomade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:26 PM   #3
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahs View Post
We have a 1984 310 dark inside can it be painted or does it lose value
First, welcome to the forums and good to see another 310 in Canada. You may want to start a new thread concerning your 310 in the Classic motorhome section.

Re changine anything, in, or on your 310. The sky is the limit as heavily modified HofArc 310's are going for $70,000+ US. Anything you can do to enjoy your coach better is just fine with most of the crew you will meet in the Classic moho forum.

This is a link to my Mistress thread detailing my restoration to my 1983 310 turbo diesel. It too had the dark walnut MacTac interior. I should actually update my Mistress thread as it has been a while and the couch's have been redone and LED's added to the rear lounge. You should notice that I didn't have to paint the interior/exterior walls, as the new cabinets and vinyl brightened up the interior immensely.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f311...s-97332-4.html

If you click on the thumbnails, the photo expands for a better view.

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote