Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2006, 05:59 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Question Hot Water Dispenser Parts

My 1989 370 has an Emerson Hot Water Dispenser mounted on the kitchen counter. It is model ERV-AC. From my searching the web, it appears Emerson no longer makes these. I have been unsuccessful trying to locate any parts. I only need a a small plastic piece that sits on top of the counter inside the locking ring that holds the unit to the counter top. (It looks quite similar to a brand called In-Sink-Erator, which may have taken over from Emerson?) Anyway, has anyone else found parts for these things? Mine works even with the cracked plastic part, but that part really needs replacing.

Thanks,
AIR # 5648
noiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Can you post a picture? One of us may have it sitting in our garage, and not even know it.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Red face Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Can you post a picture? One of us may have it sitting in our garage, and not even know it.
I know this is going to sound really stupid , but exactly how do I get the picture into the message? I can take the digital picture, load it into my computer, but I still don't know what the procedure is for putting the picture in my post .

Thanks,
AIR # 5648
Old 04-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiva
I know this is going to sound really stupid , but exactly how do I get the picture into the message? I can take the digital picture, load it into my computer, but I still don't know what the procedure is for putting the picture in my post .

Thanks,
The easy way, is to prepeare your message, then, before clicking "submit reply", instead click "manage attachments". It will open a window with several "browse" buttons. Click one of the browse butons, and look in the directory in your computer where you keep your photos. Click on the photo you want to show, and click "upload". When it is done, you will either get a "file too large" or "close window" message. If the photo is too large, you can either reduce the size of the photo, or take a lower resolution photo, and try again.
When you are done, then you can click the "submit reply" button.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
The easy way, is to prepeare your message, then, before clicking "submit reply", instead click "manage attachments". It will open a window with several "browse" buttons. Click one of the browse butons, and look in the directory in your computer where you keep your photos. Click on the photo you want to show, and click "upload". When it is done, you will either get a "file too large" or "close window" message. If the photo is too large, you can either reduce the size of the photo, or take a lower resolution photo, and try again.
When you are done, then you can click the "submit reply" button.
Terry,

Thanks so much for the details. I've printed them out for future reference. Before I read your message I broke down and went to Lowe's about the hot water dispenser. To make a long story shorter, I took the customer service number from the box of same model that's in my 370 (my brother had replaced the original back in 2001, unbeknown to me ). When I called the number, they immediately said they would sent me the part I need free and not even charge shipping . For anyone else who has an Emerson or In-Sink-Erator (same company) hot water dispenser, I can highly recommend their customer service. Their toll-free number is 1-800-558-5700, and you actually get to talk with a human .

Best,
AIR # 5648
Old 04-05-2006, 02:00 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Free

You gotta love FREE - I like a company that backs their product.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote