I started the 345 cold today, tapped the peddle to set the choke ! started right off and DID not die after 60 seconds or so like it did Wed. AM after we got home from NJ.
So Wednesday I figured the 1st. thing would be to check the Carburetor visually and check all the vacuum lines. The vacuum lines all Looked good and tight connections were confirmed ! Like many of you suggested !!! thank you !
there is a 12 volt
plug in conectionright in front of the choke adjustment knob assembly that was bent in some and I straightend it out but a non issue I believe.
Prety dirty exterior ??? So I sprayed a can of Electric Motor coil cleaner that I had on all of the exterior all the way around ! and especially the Auto Choke area where it seemed Gummed up good. I wiped it down and sprayed agin then after it dried I coated Everything, Linkage and All with a good coating of My favorite WD40 !!
conected everything back up and ran it for 20 minutes or so to clean out the cleaner and WD40 and warm everything up !
When I started her Up this AM, Wow, Just like it suposed to be !!!
I did take her into town to top off the gass and re fill the propane tank and she started and ran smooth right through every time ! So, when it warms up a Bit ???
I will replace all of the new fuel filters and be ready for the road.
Now because of all the talk about a spare parts list from may !!! I thought I was doing good ???
I also stopped by the Hubbards Auto parts store and gave them a grocery parts List.
1. Starter Motor
3. New belts, serpintine and Air conditioning belt ! Is there another 89 345 ???
4. coil, and all else except the actual distributor itself ??? but everything that goes inside. My Plug wires are H.D. and new 2,000 Mile on them
5. Radiator hoses Upper and lower plus the short one lower.
6. relay coil under the dog house to the front right.
7. Engine oil and filter, enough to do an oil change !
8. 2 qts dextron Transmission Oil and a tube of some RED they recomendid It is In !
9. Tools and Jacks galore !!! All new tires and an allighment
So Off to
florida we go tommorow, Friday afternoon !!! Can not waite !!! ,