Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
La Follette , Tennessee
Dual dash air.... Cool thought for discussion

Hello from Tennessee:

I have a 1996 Diesel Suburban that has dual air conditioning evaporators. I'm toying with the idea of purchasing a donor Sub'n to part out and steal the AC components out of.

What I had in mind was to adapt the rear Sub'n evaporator into the 325's factory system. I think it would fit nicely in place of the rear supplemental cabin heater under the couch.

Any ideas on the feasibility?

What would be really sweat would be to take all the accessories off a late model 7.4 Sub'n with a serpentine belt set up and use the entire AC system not to include the AS evaporator. Could be a can of worms with the power steering /brake pump.

Regards,

Kevin (looking for a flying job, DHL soon to pink slip me) Edwards
Jetstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Dual automotive a/c systems are ducted so the cold air comes out of the roof, or as near the roof as possible. The secondary heater core is mounted on the floor, so you would have to figure out how to get the cool air as high as possible (cool air descends).