Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2013, 12:03 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
PPL came through. The new toilet arrived today. $127 + $10 shipping.

Dakota,
Is that a 310 or 320 model?
I currently have the 310 and liked it, except mine just broke too. even though I lubed it before my recent trip.. Had to endure a 3 week trip with it not working. I had to open and close the slide manually. Not much fun!

I'll call Sealand, but because of the response you received I'm expecting the same answers, so I'm thinking of going with a different brand, if I can find one that fits in the same space.

Hope you have more luck with the new one.
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:37 AM   #22
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
... just curious, beside Thetfort and Dometic, what else is there?
They did not have that single specific part, but it reads as if it was part of an assembly. It is very common to have to buy more than you actually want due to manufacturers using an assembly. Usually, using an assembly makes the repair a lot easier.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
I called Dometic and explained my problem with the toilet. Since it's under the 2 year warranty they will send me a new one and it will arrive tomorrow by UPS.
I thought there would be a problem but, they were easy to deal with and just asked me for the serial number off the toilet along with my address info.
I'm glad they stood behind their product as the parts are not available to fix the problem as mentioned earlier in a previous post.
I really didn't look at other styles or brands since they took care of my situation.
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
THANK YOU BOTH for the heads up on Dometic.I have been looking at both Thetford And Dometic the past month.It is nice to hear that you did hear from CS at Dometic.
I think now I will go with the new Thetford Aqua Magic Residence if I can find a dealer that has one in stock so I can see it first.Right now I would have to order it on line sight unseen.
Sure would like to hear other kolks luck with new TALL toilets.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Fort Erie , Ontario
I got my 310 via CW and when it was delivered by oops, the vacuum release cover was broken. Contacted MarcusVIP and the next day heard from Dometic who are shipping the seat, lid, cover assembly under warranty. I had asked just for the cover itself but guess it is not available separately. Am happy with the quick response.

Steve
is.chowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Glad to hear that you've received good service. My toilet has a slow leak at the dump valve so water won't stay in the bowl. Will be replacing soon.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92landyacht View Post
Glad to hear that you've received good service. My toilet has a slow leak at the dump valve so water won't stay in the bowl. Will be replacing soon.
You can get the seal kit for the 310 and its not too hard to replace.
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Never though of that. I'm not sure what model mine is as I've never really looked. I'll check into a kit for mine. Thanks for the suggestion.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Fort Erie , Ontario
Look behind the toilet base below the water valve. There should be a serial# as well as the product code.

Steve
is.chowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:20 PM   #30
RRS4

2014 30' International
LIVINGSTON , Texas
Some company needs to take one apart and ship this irreplacable piece to Hongkong or Thailand to be reproduced. It could be stocked in RV shops and sold for $49.95, at a suitable profit to manufacturer, distributor and point-of-sales store. Anyone know someone that does business with China?
RRS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 01:35 PM   #31

2017 Basecamp
Laveen , Arizona
Dometic Model 310 - Return spring failure

Anyone in the market for an RV toilet should consider that every moving part can and will fail at the most inopportune time. I re-learned this ironclad rule with the Dometic 310 toilet in my 2017 Base Camp. The return spring has failed on this unit. Didn't seem to be that big a deal to replace in a number of YouTube videos.

Then I started to investigate the issue on my 310. After waiting for an hour for customer service to answer at Dometic, I finally got a nice young man who politely informed me that the return spring cannot be serviced. If it fails, you must discard and replace it . He suggested the 510 model which can be serviced.

If you know of any better solutions to this, I am all ears.
AZ Pengs is offline   Reply With Quote