Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Spokane , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTailgate View Post
This is the best stuff in the market!!! It puts simple green to shame and what's even better it's only $1. Get it from dollar tree or family dollars. It called LA's Totally Awesome. When I bought my Rv 8 yrs ago it belonged to a smoker that used it as his home. The walls were yellow and some spots were brown especially around the stove top where grease was plentiful. I tried everything with no success. My dad bright me this bottle of stuff and said try this and voila you could see the grime melt off the walls. I use it for EVERYTHING NOW! I've even help out a guy at an Rv park that couldn't get grease stains off of his hood. We sprayed it on and it took all of it off. I use it in my carpet shampooer for my rentals and in my power washer. Try it. It's only $1 and the best $1 you'll ever spend. Attachment 211247 oh and I swear I'm not a rep.
Others have mentioned this product too. Have you used it on the outside shell, does it take off Mold, Black streaks, etc without damaging the finish?
Shaggy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:36 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
This sounds like its worth checking in to.
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Paris , Ontario
Personally , I hate Simple Green - it stinks, is hard on your skin. ZEP Products from Home Depot work way better. - Works quicker, easier, less scrubbing, no odor, easy on skin.
Zep 505 degreaser took all the sticky stuff off the interior of my trailer with one wipe - i just mixed some with water and wiped the interior down with a sponge.

Zep has many products, window cleaners, citrus all purpose, 505 heavy degreaser.

great on wheels, windows etc. 505 removes rust stains as well. - I don't use it for washing the exterior but i am sure you could.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:40 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Classic
Yakima , Washington
Our rock guards in the front of our trailer are stainless steel and for those we use bartenders friend. It makes them look new again.
Mike-Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Austin , Texas
I use it to was the exterior of my Rv which is polished and haven't had a problem. Spray some on a rag and spot clean somewhere to ck it out.
ASTailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Astaigate i gotta pick some of that stuff up, i just looked at the reviews online and people just rave about it.
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:40 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Mouse Fir

How about cleaning what our dealer calls "mouse fir" on our Classic interior walls? Stains are coming through near the floor that we understand is from the glue leaching through. Is there a solution to removing these stains?
Johndews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTailgate View Post
This is the best stuff in the market!!! It puts simple green to shame and what's even better it's only $1. Get it from dollar tree or family dollars. It called LA's Totally Awesome.

I agree, it is Totally Awesome ... BUT be careful, it is very strong and can actually take the paint off some things. Trust me about that. I used it on the exterior of an Argosy I was working on, and you could see it removing the paint!

It is a fantastic product, best grease remover around a kitchen stove I have ever found. Just understand you may want to test it first to be sure it does not remove things other than you wish.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:11 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Another favorite product of mine for cleaning glossy fiberglas shower walls is "Clean Shower". Actually it is not as much a cleaner as it is a maintainer. You spray the shower walls after each use and they will never become dull and covered with soap scum. The chrome will always shine like brand new. The shower will sparkle forever and look like it is factory new.

If you have an already dull and grimy shower, and gray water and soap scum covered chrome, just use it for about a month and wipe it down every few days with a wet, rough cloth. It soon will look like new again, but to break down the old film, takes a bit of time. Once it is looking good, just use it after every shower and you will never have to touch it again.

Works the same in your house on virtually all shower surface materials.

Try it and keep using it, you will find it is a fantastic product. Available at virtually every supermarket in the country for about $2.75
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

Orange TKO is the best
0557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndews View Post
How about cleaning what our dealer calls "mouse fir" on our Classic interior walls? Stains are coming through near the floor that we understand is from the glue leaching through. Is there a solution to removing these stains?
We have had a few minor stains on the mouse fur near one bedroom window on our Classic from a minor leak at the window frame. We used oxyclean on it and it did the trick.

As for a general all-purpose cleaner, I share the views of others in saying that "Awesome" from the dollar store is a great product - no idea of course how environmentally friendly it might be, given the source!

I first heard about it on the "Vintage Airstream Podcast" when someone asked what clear the guys used when setting out t restore an older trailer - that one was recommended by a member of the panel. Maybe Colin Hyde? I don't recall.

But I now use it all the time around the house / garage. And the price is right!

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:49 PM   #32
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up ...FYI.... Simple Green.

Be safe and use the right stuff, the SG we are all familiar with did fail the mil spec rating for use on bare aluminum panels.

Bob