Old 05-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat370
Tim, I have a blueprint and parts list for the Delta. Also can you replace the nylon line with a like size from a weed whip line. I'am sure we can come up with something, we have done it before.

Pat370
Pat,

Good to hear from you again, my friend ! I've thought of replacing the line, but there are 2 seemingly insurmountable problems. First, it's attached to the outermost sliding piece of the telescopic antenna "ears", so I'd have to figure a way to detach what's still up in there and then reattach a new piece. Then there's the problem of getting it on the spools (one for each "ear"). The spools are press-fitted with a cover, so I'd have to cut them apart to get to the inside - looks somewhat like a fishing reel with a cover, but the cover won't come off - if that makes sense. I haven't given up yet. In fact, I may temporarily put the ears back on in the retracted position. I could still rotate the antenna from inside the MoHo. If necessary, I could ladder up to pull out the ears whenever rotation wasn't enough. All the nylon cording does is extend and retract the ears - that's it. If you have anything you think may help me disassemble the reels, I'd certainly appreciate your scanning and sending it by PM.

By the way, still hoping you can tell me where that bracket attaches that holds the radiator hose away from the bottom of the engine .

Thanks again, my friend

AIR # 5648
noiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:43 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1989 37' Airstream 370
Hastings , Minnesota
Tim, I just remembered something, about ten years ago I was in Canada and it rained for about four days and the the temp. dropped down to 17 above zero. When I wanted to get on the road I could not retact my Delta it was frozen. What I did is drive it home about 500 miles with no problem. Why don't you pull out the ears and just drive it.
What the heck if you damage the Delta who cares, it is not much good anyway.

By the way have you tried to contact the company in Michigan?

Your pal,
Pat370

Old 05-16-2006, 09:11 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat370
Tim, I just remembered something, about ten years ago I was in Canada and it rained for about four days and the the temp. dropped down to 17 above zero. When I wanted to get on the road I could not retract my Delta it was frozen. What I did is drive it home about 500 miles with no problem. Why don't you pull out the ears and just drive it.
What the heck if you damage the Delta who cares, it is not much good anyway.

By the way have you tried to contact the company in Michigan?

Your pal,
Pat370
Pat,

You know, I had actually thought of that, but figured it would look rather foolish. On second thought, I could rotate the rabbit ears so they run front to rear - virtually invisible from the ground! Great idea .

I have contacted Barker Mgf. about the Delta, but their response is they have no parts, nor any source of a whole unit. Dead end... (I still remember their introducing this thing in 1985 at the international Rendezvous of an SOB club. They gave a long introduction on this being the wave of the future. Now they just referred me to Wineguard .) So much for manufacturer's backing their products.

Thanks for that idea. I think I'll temporarily, at least, reassemble the unit with the rabbit ears out. By the way, my antenna works quite well. I'm not sure why, but it does a good job.

Best,
AIR # 5648
noiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:02 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

Lake Havasu City , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiva View Post
Does anyone know if parts are available for the Braund Delta T television antennas that were used in the late 1980s? They were the "rabbit ear" type that had 2 extendable and retractable rabbit ears. I have one that has a nylon retraction cable that has come loose on one side. Great antenna, but no luck finding parts. I've tried the usual parts places, Braund, and vintage sites. Has anyone had any experience with these antennas? Also, I don't have an exploded view of how the retractors work, only the installation instructions with a very limited parts list - which is not clear nor labeled. Thanks for any assistance.

I have one I'm throwing away, do you want it?
Old 05-05-2017, 07:19 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic S/O
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
north blenheim , New York
I also have one off the 370LE if you are interested, Regards, Bob
Old 05-15-2017, 03:24 PM   #20
jkwoodrow

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Springfield , Ohio
Mike & Bob,
I'm sure that Tim appreciates your kind offers although his need has long since passed. His posts were from 2006. He later sold his beautiful 370 to my cousin. My cousin & I drove it from Virginia to it's new home in Texas. Sadly, it burned up completely due to a fuel leak a few years ago. My cousin bought Tim's 370 because he enjoyed my 345 so much, which I still have.
I just put all new fuel lines on it, again...
Old 05-15-2017, 04:42 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
John - what's the rough process/parts list for new fuel lines? I think I want to get that sorted this year on my 250 classic.

Thanks
Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums