Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
I should say something here for all those close to Penticton BC, or wanting to visit the fabulous Okanagan Valley that Midtown RV has been above and beyond even to the point of replacing the two original batteries on my 2014 25ft Signature with no hassle. They have been great to deal with from the beginning.

George
gandttimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
On a trip last month through Louisiana, one of the stainless steel segment protectors popped some rivets and blew off while we were driving on IH-10 near the Mississippi state line. We saw a sign for Foley RV in Gulfport, MS and gave them a call. They had us bring our AS in the next morning and within 2 hours they were able to expertly re-attach the segment protector. They were extremely helpful, efficient and very reasonably priced. In the future, we will try to use them for any service we may need. We do travel near their dealership about once a year.

Dennis
dstalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #43
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeikle View Post
I should say something here for all those close to Penticton BC, or wanting to visit the fabulous Okanagan Valley that Midtown RV has been above and beyond even to the point of replacing the two original batteries on my 2014 25ft Signature with no hassle. They have been great to deal with from the beginning.

George
Good to know, for us fellow Canadians. I don't know if any others are reading this thread, but we bought our Bambi from Can-Am in London, Ontario. Our salesman (Evan Weaver) and service department were great to deal with.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #44

2014 27' FB International
Cornelius , North Carolina
We purchased our first airstream travel trailer last year from Colonial Airstream. We are from Charlotte, NC and travel up to New Jersey to pick it up. Great experience, well worth the trip, they have just about any airstream trailer you might be looking for and they are wonderful to work with. If you have already made your purchase, good luck and give them a try.
CFMauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheli View Post
Anyone have an airstream dealership or salesman they would recommend? The ones I have contacted so far don't seem motivated to make a sale...but want a deposit...
By motivated to make a sale do you mean the largest discount on the purchase? Natural to want that, but the cheapest price is not always the cheapest price * in the long run - when (and you will) need service. Will your selling dealer ship you needed replacement parts or will you need to drive / tow your unit to them for service?

Two of our last three new AS purchases have been at AS Adventures NW in Seattle / Covington - although there are some dealers much closer. If the forum would permit, it might be easier to ask which dealers to avoid.

Hopefully, by now you have made your decision; what / where did you purchase?
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:11 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
Casper , Wyoming
No, I meant they were eager to have me give them money and make a deposit on a unit I wasn't 100% sure about, and would not even help me with simple questions. It was not to get a cheap price, if there is such a thing with Airstream. And yes I already have made a purchase with a dealer that was very knowledgeable and not pushy..

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Racheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:50 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
arlington heights , Illinois
Dave Abrogast RV just north of Dayton was the dealer that sold us. They had several different brands of class "B"'s and they took the time to walk us through them all so that we could compare features and appointments on each. They were low pressure and didn't seem in a hurry for us to place a deposit. Most dealers we looked at had two units in inventory but several units on order from the factory which we could secure for ourselves by placing a deposit. Abrogast had about eight Interstates in inventory that were unspoken for. We could order one if the units in inventory didn't have right appointments. We would up buying a used one that he took in trade. The unit was a year old with 10k miles and had never been cooked or slept in. We would recommend Abrogast to anyone if they were " geographically feasible" for you.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:41 AM   #48
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Streator , Illinois
Damaged our steps making a sharp turn coming off the Natchez Trace making them inoperable. Made a call to Foley's RV Gulfport, MS and they said "bring it in and we'll see what we can do." Drove in and met Michelle, service manager, she called Gary over and said "see if you can get these guys back on the road." Within half and hour we were good to go and back on our way to Gulf Shores. Terrific service. A big shout out to Michelle, Gary, and Ron the sales mangers for polite, efficient, and timely service. p.s. Also priced a new 2015 Classic. Really like the idea of ducted air the two recliners. I'm going to keep that info in back of my head. They didn't have one to show me (which was probably good.) Again, Foley's, you guys rock!
jbroedlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:49 AM   #49
JDS
2014 Bowlus Road Chief

Cumming , Iowa
We drove from Iowa to New Jersey to buy new from Colonial as they were much more knowledgeable and professional than the closer dealer in Joliet, IL. Having said that, there was no apparent pre delivery inspection/remediation as a number of issues arose during our walk-through. I found that very disappointing.

John S.
JDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #50
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
Had to do a couple of minor repairs while in Colorado both dealerships in that state did not want anything to do with it. They referred me to other service people who never showed up. While in Loveland, CO I stumbled across the RV Doctor and he had me up and running in about an hour.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:17 AM   #51
silver cloud

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Eau Claire , Wisconsin
We purchased our 2015 25FB from Foley Rv. We also dealt with Ron and Michelle and Gary. It was our 4th airstream. We just wish we had found them sooner! They were great! We had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend them. We drove all the way from Wisconsin to purchase from them.
hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Now that is a testimonial!
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
We drove all the way from Montana to the Pacific coast to buy from AS Adv NW ... Twice!
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
We met a man at the mother ship who lived in Pennsylvania and bought his trailer in Oregon.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:32 AM   #55

Just would like to share my experience yesterday with RV One Superstores in Tampa, Florida. On November 2, my wife and I found the Airstream that we wanted to purchase. We negotiated and put a refundable deposit down on the 2015 Flying Cloud 25, but we wanted to think about it for a couple of days. Talked to the salesman on November 4 and advised him we wanted the unit. We were advised that the unit was being "prepped." I drove to the dealership on November 6, completed the contract, but was advised that because I had written a personal check would have to wait two weeks before picking up the unit. Due to my busy schedule they agreed to schedule the walk through and inspection on November 14. Took time from my business schedule and dropped my truck off at the service department the morning of November 14. I was provided a loner vehicle. I returned that afternoon to pick up the unit. Turned out my truck's brake controller was compatible with the unit and I didn't need to have a new one installed. They refunded me that cost of the controller. They installed a load leveler and anti-sway system on the unit. My truck was attached and it appeared ready for final inspection. I was ready take it home.

I was hoping my first Airstream experience and post here would be entirely positive, but things started to slip. It started inside the unit in the bedroom, I spotted a rivet hanging from the wall. It was a pulled rivet and I was told it would be repaired immediately. Then was told the water filter was missing. That would have to be ordered from Airstream. They did not have any filters in stock?, interesting. During the awning demo I was advised that the front awning locking wheel was missing. This is needed to lock the awning during travel. They did not have one in stock and it too would have to be ordered. I was advised they could "bungee cord" the awning. The part would take two to three weeks to arrive. The rest of the walk through was excellent and through.

Can you imagine going to the local Porsche dealer to pick your new 2015 vehicle you ordered only to be told a part is missing, but we can "bungee cord" it to keep it on.

Obviously, the unit was not leaving the lot. I asked if a wheel could be taken off another stock unit and replaced when the new one arrived. Well that was against company policy. What? The service manager agreed to deliver the unit to me next week, after the new part is received. I also stopped by to talk to the general manager, who was nice, but gave the same story. I left the lot without my new 2015 Airstream.

I hope this is not reflective of future service.
Rwildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:25 AM   #56
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Formerly Napa , On the road
It is my experience that dealerships that are 100% Airstream are better than other dealerships. To the first group it is nothing special that it is an Airstream...
That said there are AS dealerships that need to learn about customer service...
Old 11-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
+1 for Foley RV in Gulfport. Dealt with Sharon and Ron the sales manager.

-1 for Colonial. While the sales person was fine, the sales manager was a PITA and talked down to me the entire time. Said there was no way we would get a lower price than theirs. Foley easily beat their deal without me even telling them about what Colonial offered.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:03 AM   #58
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Rwildman, can I recommend JD Sanders just north of Gainesville.? They would have gotten you on the road properly from my experience. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:37 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1994 36' Classic 36 Diesel
Colorado Springs , Colorado
+1 for Foley as well... While I did not purchase through them, I worked with them for four weeks to purchase a used 34' classic with s/o. They went above and beyond all expectations, and worked with multiple sources to make it happen. About the time we had a candidate the motorhome came up for sale from an individual.

Lesson learned: Best dealers are POs.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2002 31' Classic
Currently Looking...
Monroe , Iowa
ReliableRV in Springfield is a huge dealer that sells about everything, including cars. However, I found them very nice to deal with. Yes, they are an Airstream dealer, and are highly recommended by the folks from the factory.

I bought a 12 year old USED AS from them, and they treated me like I spent a million bucks.

After my accident, I called the factory to locate a good place to get my Baby repaired. They recommended ReliableRV.

Their service department was great. They did a wonderful job. Again, they treated me like I had a million dollar rig.

I'm sure there are a lot of great AS dealers all over the country, but when I get ready to trade, I will be making the drive to Springfield, MO.
terryV is offline   Reply With Quote