Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
There is a major Airstream event in Gillette, WY going on right now. There is a dealer from Mesa, AZ as the "selected" dealer of this annual event being held there. There will probably be a sampling of nearly every new 2015 model on site.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
There is a major Airstream event in Gillette, WY going on right now. There is a dealer from Mesa, AZ as the "selected" dealer of this annual event being held there. There will probably be a sampling of nearly every new 2015 model on site.
Switz,

Do you know the name of the event or have a link to a website with details?
The only Mesa, AZ Airstream dealer I know of is Desert Autoplex. They are a new dealer in the area and they do not have any 2015 models yet.
Would other dealers be bringing the 2015 models to the show?
RVDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
WBCCI international rally. Go to their website. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I'll second Eric Davis at Haydocy Airstream in Columbus, Ohio. Very fast growing dealership.

He is very close to the factory, so a tour will be included in your visit, compliments of Eric!

Got appreciate that he has a model of his folks airstream in his office he took trips in as a kid! Not too many dealers as invested as him in the lifestyle.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #25
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Formerly Napa , On the road
I am buying from Colonial, they literally saved me close to $10,000. Well worth a cross country drive from California.

Evidently a lot of west coasters buy from the. Ship the tow vehicle east and then fly back to take delivery....
Photobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdinnar View Post
We recommend Colonial Airstream in Lakewood, NJ. We've purchased two new Airstreams from them. Both deals were made over the phone with Lauren Botticelli as the sales person. I think they are the largest dealer in the US and seem honest. Even though it was a 10 hour drive for us...it was worth it.
+1 on Colonial.
bonginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #27
silver cloud

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Eau Claire , Wisconsin
Just bought our 2015 25' FB Flying Cloud from Foley Rv In Mississippi. Saleman Ron Lester. This was our 4th Airstream but the first we had purchased from him. He was outstanding!
hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
Oh, I forgot to add the one thing that helped us the most. We couldn't decide between FB and RB twin on our FC. We went to get the FB and looked at the RB as they were bringing it up from a back lot. We really liked the RB so they left both parked side by side and then left the area, telling us to take all the time we wanted to look at both. That was immensely helpful and we ended up with the perfect choice for us, the RB twin. So, if you are on the fence for one thing or another, you might think outside the box for help in deciding. Good luck!
silverlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
We opted not to drive 14 hours to colonial although patrick was very helpful via phone and I assume they are great...but we ended up going local with Foley RV...spoke mainly with Ron Lester...hes a straight shooter and nice guy...answers your calls and returns your calls...was quick to get us a good price that was competitive with colonial and the buying process went smooth. Claude Anne there does the walkthrough and was very thorough and she gives you her cell phone for after hours even.

My only problem I had was that they were not very familiar with the propride hitch - it seems to be all on right, level...but they hooked up the chains around the WD bars...I saw it luckily immediately....the tech was like "huh, no I dont think so" when I put the chains in between instead of around them.

Also that tech (younger guy, not the older guy mentioned earlier) did the brake adjustment and Im not sure he knew how to properly adjust the brake controller...I have communicated this fact with Ron Lester and I have little doubt he will respond and address this short coming...otherwise all is well.

I have not yet had to use them for service, but if and when I do I will share that experience good or bad.

I would recommend them to anyone based on my experience for sure...really good service and responsiveness.

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
Casper , Wyoming
Quote:
Oh wow I might have to check this out! Gillette is really close! Thank you!
Racheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:18 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Day passes should be available. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:33 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

Casper , Wyoming
Quote:

Not sure if you have an answer but...
Forgot to ask, do I have to pay the rally fee just to go in and look? On the website it says 520.00 then not bringing airstream deduct 150.00. Not sure I want to pay 370..00 just to look?? Any info. Appreciated!
Old 06-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #33
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheli View Post
Anyone have an airstream dealership or salesman they would recommend? The ones I have contacted so far don't seem motivated to make a sale...but want a deposit...
We've used Airstream of Spokane (eastern Washington state) for annual service appointments with good results. We've not purchased ours from them, but I'll give 'em a shout-out.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

Casper , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
Day passes should be available. Jim
Thank you!
Old 06-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Casper , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlabs View Post
We had great experiences with two Texas dealerships. One was in Fort Worth and one was in Buda, outside of Austin. Camper Clinic II in Buda had a large selection. We ended up purchasing our 2014 FC in Buda because they had the floor plan we needed when we wanted it. Fort Worth knew we were shopping in both places but the floor plan we wanted was on order and not due to arrive at their dealership until late June. We needed it to prepare for our extended trip in July. We will be passing through Casper so wave if you see us on the road!
I'll keep an eye for you! Have a great trip! Thanks for the information!
Old 06-26-2014, 09:49 PM   #36
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
At the Gillette International this Saturday and Sunday the Vendors will have Open house for the Community so no guest badge is required to see the vendors. The Airstreams are outside on the Cam-Plex parking lot so you could look at them anytime. They have 6 or 7 on display so far. Also the Vintage Airstream Club has their open house on Saturday noon to 4 pm. All is Free.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
There are supposed to be two 2015 Classics on display and they also for sale at Gillette. As mentioned above, Eric will probably do the PDI on those two units and Denny would work the sales.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:21 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

Casper , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Pearl View Post
At the Gillette International this Saturday and Sunday the Vendors will have Open house for the Community so no guest badge is required to see the vendors. The Airstreams are outside on the Cam-Plex parking lot so you could look at them anytime. They have 6 or 7 on display so far. Also the Vintage Airstream Club has their open house on Saturday noon to 4 pm. All is Free.
Cool cool thanks!
Old 06-27-2014, 06:11 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2012 30' Classic
Wildwood , Missouri
We've dealt with Dale at BT Thomas in Wentzville, MO. He is a super nice guy and Bob Freeman in the service department is also very nice. I've bugged those poor folks so much with questions over the years and they are still nice to me It is a little closer to home. It is sad to see so few Airstreams no their lot and many more SOB's
kswelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
We have not bought a new A/S, but have had Airstream of Spokane do a fair amount of work on two A/Ss for us, and they have proven to be extremely honest, fair, and knowledgable, as well as really nice folks.

They completed a fairly extensive repair after our 34' was rear-ended; the work was great, on time, and one-third (!!) the cost of the estimate at another, much closer A/S dealer, so we make the trek cheerfully from Idaho Falls to Spokane when we need work done.

You can't find nicer people than Nick, Karyn, and Doug. They have gone out of their way to help us every time.

Hope to see you at the Vintage Open House: we are the next-to-the-last unit closest to the main road, in the westernmost row of Boxelder Campground, parked with the rest of the vintage units. A 1986 34' Limited, Idaho plates, and a large friendly Doberman should identify us, please stop by!

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote