Old 01-15-2007, 07:37 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Something still smells.... hope it's just the dog at my feet. It's gonna' be a long week I bet. Are you taking a lap top with you? This is worthy of continued posting as the story unfolds. We're with you, if only in spirit.
Terry, are you gonna help this young fellow with his inspection?

Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:38 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1993 30' Excella
1993 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Apache Junction, AZ
Would love to, but we're loading up tomorrow and leaving for Quartzsite Wed morning to meet some friends at a rally. Our original plan has us returning the 24th or 25th, but that could change either way. There's another Airstreamer here that is willing to help.

Terry

Old 01-16-2007, 08:42 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr
Glad its working out for you. I guess pastoring means you need a vacation every couple of months, who knew it was that stressful? Chaplain Kent, you listening?

Brad
FF
We never go on vacations, our line of work has no office.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:49 AM   #18
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by n7bdl
Would love to, but we're loading up tomorrow and leaving for Quartzsite Wed morning to meet some friends at a rally. Our original plan has us returning the 24th or 25th, but that could change either way. There's another Airstreamer here that is willing to help.

Terry
I went through Quartzsite on Sunday night on the way home from 29 Palms. It is wall to wall RVs right now...

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #19
tn2
DixieDove

1978 Argosy 27
1978 28' Argosy 28
Camden , Tennessee
Yes I hate to admit it but something still smells to me too. I was told Sunday that I should get the title by Tuesday on Wed at latest. Well this is Tuesday....still no title....maybe tomorrow.
No I will not have a lap top with me but I do plan to keep a running acount of the experience....I will keep you posted. Yes it will be a long week...one thing of concern now is the weather.....I guess parts of Texas and Oklahoma has been having freezing rain and snow. News this morning said the locals believe it will be the end of the week before they thaw out....and then they are expecting more weather over week end. Maybe all I will get accomplished is putting the RV into storage out there.
Thanks Glenn for calling me a "young fellow". I'm 65 but I've always said your only as old as you allow yourself to be. I think maybe I'm 45...46 tops....LOL
All you RVers have a great day
Charles
Old 01-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Sierra Vista , United States
Hey tn2 we're having an AZ cold spell. Almost like real winter. Highs in the 50s today. Should be 60s later in the week.
-KL
Old 01-17-2007, 09:38 AM   #21
tn2
DixieDove

1978 Argosy 27
1978 28' Argosy 28
Camden , Tennessee
RV Storage

Does anyone know of a place close by PHX where I could store a 28 ft MH for a month or two....until better weather. Still up in the air if I'm even going to get this MH...people still not co-operating. I plan to call the police today see if they will go over and check the VIN for me. Even the VIN that these people gave me does not look right. For one thing most MH Vins I've seen start with an M, probably for motorhome. The one they gave me starts CPY.

Thanks
Charles
Old 01-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #22
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn2
Does anyone know of a place close by PHX where I could store a 28 ft MH for a month or two....until better weather. Still up in the air if I'm even going to get this MH...people still not co-operating. I plan to call the police today see if they will go over and check the VIN for me. Even the VIN that these people gave me does not look right. For one thing most MH Vins I've seen start with an M, probably for motorhome. The one they gave me starts CPY.

Thanks
Charles
Charles,
A couple of possibilities on the VIN they might be using the Chassis number vs Body number. I have run into this before on a "converted" truck.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:24 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Of course this is all 20/20 hindsight but I had my PO fax me a copy of the title before I boaded my flight to MD to inspect and drive away. There were things about the coach that didn't match the auction on eBay but minor enough not to be an overriding issue.
It's often a rocky road with folks who have not bought or sold vehicles much and a certain level of trust is always up to the buyer. From what you've said of the process to date I'm very much on the low side of what is often described by others as being too trusting.
The photos you posted did get sent by the seller right? I just wonder if they don't feel like they've left money on the table and have sellers remorse.
Time will tell. I for one would just like to go and secure it, get it out of their hands and then figure out getting it home. Once you get your hands on it you'll be able to tell in short order if it's road worthy.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #24
tn2
DixieDove

1978 Argosy 27
1978 28' Argosy 28
Camden , Tennessee
I'll start by saying IT'S A LITTLE BIT BRIGHTER DAY TODAY.
I called the Apache Junction Police Dept yesterday....pretty much a waste of time. They told me they could do nothing until I get there and if PO would refuse to give up MH. I ask....well can you at least drive by the house and check the VIN number for me because I felt the one I had was boogus. They said no they couldn't .... I said I know you're busy....just asking you to drive by when you happen to be in neighborhood....they said no they couldn't. Finally the officer said he would run the VIN just to see if it was on a 1978 Argosy MH. Yiiiiipee....it came back correct. I breathed a nice long breath inward. Of course that info by itself does not get me the MH.
I then left the PO (the so called Pastor) a phone message saying again that day I had not recieved the title and I was thinking of legal action. (the only reason for me saying that was because of the many messages I had sent that went unanswered...and the many promises PO had made that he just did not come through with). Anyway....later that night I got email from PO....he was very upset with me....but he sent me a copy of a postal reciept showing he has sent a registered letter to me....I should get the title today. I've got my fingers crossed. One problem I think caused this whole thing is that the PO had never sold anything on Ebay before. Communication is so very important in Ebay transactions. I guess he thought that oncehe had my money he did not have to do anything more. I won't required much more of him if he would have sent me the title two weeks ago....when he originally said he would. Oh well.... I have learned from this.
Have a great day
Charles
Old 01-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
tn2---don't allow this guy to put a guilt trip on you --- you have every right to expect him to hold up his end of the bargain in a timely manner. had he delivered the vehicle and you delayed payment i think you would find him as suspecious as you as you've been of him. ----pieman
Old 01-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #26
tn2
DixieDove

1978 Argosy 27
1978 28' Argosy 28
Camden , Tennessee
Update

Well at long last I got the MH moved to Dillon's RV City. Not so sure Dillon's is where I should have taken it to but I am just happy to have it out from under the control of the PO. I plan to have Dillons go through it to try and make it road worthy. I was kinda discouraging when Dillons called me and said..."don't know how much you know about this MH". I say Why? He says well for one thing IT's Old. I tried to tell him it's not pronouced OLD but Classic. I'm pretty sure I'll put more into this MH than it originally cost me. I like to do machanical type work....and as my wife has said....you can only repair so many weed eaters LOL. It will be a challenge.
I leave on Monday to fly out to PHX....so the fun is about to begin.

Charles
Old 01-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #27
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Dillon RV is the only Airstream service facility in the Phoenix area, but I have never been to the facility. Oasis RV is an excellent service facility, but they are 100+ miles down the road in Tucson.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:35 PM   #28
tn2
DixieDove

1978 Argosy 27
1978 28' Argosy 28
Camden , Tennessee
Dillons is charging me $500 just to do the inspecting....to see what they think it needs... The MH just came up to PHX from Tucson by PO. Since I would be going through Tucson I originally thought I'd take it to Oasis....but someone scared me out about tires so I elected to go to Dillons. Then I find out that Dillons doesn't even do tires....they take MH someplace for tires. It's terrible trying to do this stuff over the phone
Charles