Old 04-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #71
Plays with old toys
1979 31' Sovereign
Toronto , Ontario
swinginping, the op'er hasn't posted to the forums since last Oct, wonder if he's still enjoying his 345LE and some of the fun he's had with it.

I don't think anyone north of 40 wouldn't love to be 22 again but have an AS, moho no less. Got me thinkin' bout all the wasted years... then again when I was 22 I bought and renovated my first house and 'round the same time started a business and a family. No way would I have done any of that had I known about streamin' so I guess it's just as well I didn't.

Guess the greater point of this romanticizing/reminiscing our youth thread is how owning/enjoying an Airstream really does trancend all gender, age and financial brackets.

Team Uptime, ACT! Consultants in Toronto Canada
Photo album: New times with old toys
'79 Airstream Sovereign International '31
'75 Chevy Silverado Fleetside Pickup
'80 Baja 19TC "Twilight Cruiser" 260hp Speedboat
'65 Chevy Corvette Sting Ray Convertible
pauluptime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #72
3 Rivet Member
1984 31' Airstream310
on the road , CA and OR this summer!
hey guys, I was just at an unnamed underground music festival in the NE and guess what rolls in...

2, count 'em, TWO classic mohos! both owned by hip 30 somethings

since my father was off camping in mine, i simplified and was just tenting it for the weekend.

ohh the wave of jealousy as they rolled past my campsite and everyone was oohing and awwing!

lol, i'm picking up my "precious" from my dad this weekend and buying two tubs of polish!

1984 310 Limited Motorhome
my AS Moho blog
for the love of all vehicles round and shiny

MaryContrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #73

1998 34' Excella 1000
1995 36' Classic 36
Spencerville , Maryland
Like Pauluptime I would have loved to have had my current moho back when it was new and I was 15 years younger! I wish that Airstream would wake up and really put some time and money into developing some cool new moho that is like the Classics with todays cutting edge materials and technologies. I've got some great ideas - wish I was on the THOR board.
GREENovaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #74
1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
We're not super young by any stretch, but we're in our early 30's and have 2 school-aged kids that travel in our A/S (1st and 2nd grade) along with the dogs. The way we figure it, by the time my daughter is kicked outta the house (sorry...graduates), I'll be 46 years old....forget the "waiting until your retired to get an RV and enjoy life" BS...that mentality is what's killing the industry and some of the unnamed camping clubs! We saved up, bought one and are in it at least once a month and are trying to figure out how to pseudo full time it.

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream):

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012:
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #75
1 Rivet Member
1992 29' Excella
Fort Collins , Colorado
Late to the party

Well unlike our entrance into the AS world, we are late on this post. Wife and I are 29 and 30, and on our 2nd trailer. Love the community and it has amazed me how many you see on the road after you own one...
Jejo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #76
4 Rivet Member
1956 22' Caravanner
Malibu , California
Fun fun and more fun

How lucky your friends will be to be invited on an adventure. Enjoy the road and how fortunate you can afford one.

gail is offline   Reply With Quote