Old 05-10-2008, 03:09 AM   #57
4 Rivet Member
1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
My Daughter and I travelled from London to California to get our classic 250 MH. Given she came all that way and travelled 2500 miles coast to coast to ship it back she kinda owns it with me. She is only seven - does this count?

Boom Sounds

Boom Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:13 AM   #58
4 Rivet Member
1948 22' Liner
1961 26' Overlander
1949 24' Limited
Springs , Pennsylvania
Well it is nice to know there are younger people out there- I know everyone is young at heart- or else they own a Class A or SOB! I'm 25 and my husband is 35- we started Airstream 2 1/2 years ago. I am so glad we found Airstreaming early and (although we don't have kids yet) I am looking forward to our kids growing up with the experience. My sister makes fun of me for it- then she stopped by Cherry Blossom Rally and the WDCU showed her a good time - she realized there was more to it than meets the eye.

April & Andy Hershberger
3streams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:41 AM   #59
1984 34.5' Airstream 345
dallas , Texas
26, bought when 25, traveling the eastern seaboard for next 10 or so weeks, maybe longer if i decide to add the western seaboard. love mine, 1984 345le, shes a hell of a machine.
jdmii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #60
3 Rivet Member
1984 31' Airstream310
on the road , CA and OR this summer!
I'm barely 30 and my moho is my 2nd airstream. i ponder the age question in the rv lifestyle alot & refuse to go to an rv park w/o wyfi or one that has no activity or young vibrance to it...alot of parks cater to the silent, no noise, no young kids... ie. drive 1000s of miles to sit inside and watch tv crowd.
but to each their own...
i think this is changing tho as a new generation is buying and or renting rv's for vacations. i love that we see alot of young 20 something europeans and asians @ the rv parks nowadays on holiday in the's more like a hostel

and as for being a girl/woman? i adore crawling around the engine figuring everything out, or learning some electrical stuff rewiring the headlights or fixing something as for replacing the dump valves.. i put my boyfriend on that job ick
but i know a 454 inside and out, i'm not butch or a hillbilly, just a thoroughly modern woman.
i still am not taken seriously at the auto parts stores, but when i go to a good service station they are amazed that i can diagnose the problem...(well usually because of these forums).... but the "oldie" places usually talk to me like a child, or only talk to my boyfriend even tho he has no idea what might be wrong and limited car knowledge...he's learning quick tho
it's all about thriving your own way with radical self reliance
i chose this lifestyle because i love travel, my 310 is always a hit @ festivals and i can work on the road on my laptop...
we airstreamers just chose to do it in style
1984 310 Limited Motorhome
my AS Moho blog
for the love of all vehicles round and shiny

MaryContrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:54 PM   #61
3 Rivet Member
2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Originally Posted by swinginping View Post
I am 22 and bought a 1989 345LE about 2 months ago, seller was so shocked, and all my friends joke about me being an old man now... no offense . But, anyone out there close to my age???
Are you kidding? I have 8 pairs of shoes, and they are all older than you are.
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:00 AM   #62
3 Rivet Member
2007 31' Classic
holland , Pennsylvania
im not sure age 52 and been pulling travel trailers since the mid 80s.i talk to all ages of people in my travels and you will find inspiration with most airstreamers you encounter.i remember meeting a guy that was a vietnam vet who was pulling and parking a 34 with hand controls on his truck because of his war injuries.some of the old timers have experience that once they move on their knowlege is gone forever.every travel adventure is a new learning experience for me and my family.
xonvldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:27 AM   #63
Rivet Master
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Boy this thread is getting some age on it.....

Most of us have camped all our lives. Some have seen the light earlier than others and acquired an Airstream sooner.

I realized that I had reached a magic age (50 something) when all of a sudden I owned not only an Airstream but also a collectible Cadillac.

Oh, and for the record I can still leave a lot of 20 somethings in the dust on my recumbent bicycle.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:58 AM   #64

1998 34' Excella 1000
1995 36' Classic 36
Spencerville , Maryland
Did you buy your Airstream to travel and see the world or sit around and bs with others? There is value in being 22 and having the opportunity to travel and call home wherever you decide to stop for the night..... and even more in being able to interact with others as you wish whether they be 22 or 83. Besides, being 22 means you'll probably be able to get laid just about wherever you stop you dog!
GREENovaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:48 AM   #65
. , .
Originally Posted by mongo man View Post
In 1975 when I was 19 I bought a 1962 VW Campmobile.
It had the pop-up top with canvas, ice box, foldout bed and sink.
It was my bachelor pad on wheels. I had a lot fun with it...
similar story here.

then went for the NEW a/s moho at ~2five on my speedo...

state parks and roadside parks and many national parks were basically almost free...

urban 'camping' was a lot easier then too...

-sat/sun bank parking lots were available...
-tues were reliably church lots.
-summers meant public schools had big lots to use...
-snow skiing parkin' lots were FREE year 'round.
-and most west coast beach areas were free and easy to use.
-almost any filling/SERVICE station would allow overnighting, especially if u purchased gas...

which had just passed the 'rationing years' but was an OUTrageous 1.05$ a gallon.

the moho was cool, and so was eye at 25...

Click image for larger version

Name:	asmoho7.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	90052

Name:	asmoho2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	442.3 KB
ID:	90053

and 25 years layta the stream was STILL cool.

more pix here posts #1263-1266

for those PRE stream stories check out this thread and ADD your history...

and we've got lots of vdub roots here...

so it's all the more YOUNG and cool when an a/s moho and vdub connect almost 3 score layta ....

Name:	birth 1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	90055

c posts 33-36 here 4 the rest of the story...

so u youngins keep grabin' the freedom and GO someplace in the silver vessels...

all of the true things that i am about to tell you are shameless lies. l.b.j.

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #66
Boston , Massachusetts
I bought my first AS in my 20"s my second last week a 1985 345 Mh its been 35 yrs in between always wanted one saved 75K by waiting
your just ahead of the rest of your peers enjoy it a great choice...
seacov19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #67
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Having an Airstream at such a young age just shows your good taste, it has taken some of us longer.
( I wanted an Airstream when in Hight School)
Winston Salem, NC
WBCCI 5218,
Corresponding Secretary Piedmont NC Unit 161,
1967 Overlander International.
1979 Avion 30ft rear bath
TV's 88 Chevy Suburban 454, 3:42, TH400
95 Cadillac FW Brougham, LT1,3:42, 7k tow pk.
Silverwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #68
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Unfortunately I had no idea what Airstreams were when I was 22. At that time my "camping" was in an olive drab tent and instead of a MOHO it was called a Duce and a Half. I hated most every minute, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Randy Bowman
OB Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:05 AM   #69
Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Lubbock , Texas
Thumbs up Anyone younger than me own a moho?? or airstream for that matter??

I was 25 when we bought our first AS. It was a 1963 International Overlander 26' and from there I started getting younger. My wife thinks I act like a teenager (I do) especially when I bought the Honda scooter to take with us in the M/H. That way, she drives the toad to shopping sprees and I run around on the scooter. With our 84 310 it seems some days I'm getting older trying to repair 20 years of neglect by PO.
I'm just like a kid with lots of experience now. I am really looking forward to miles of travel in our 310 as that is when you begin to get younger again. I agree with everyone else, RVing helps you stay young. We have not been without an RV since 1969, and maybe we can find an older AS to bury me in.
A Man has got know his limitations-Dirty Harry
That's Some Bad Hat Harry-Jaws 1978
kmpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #70
1972 Travelux Princess 25
Cobourg , Ontario
It must be annoying having people stare at you and nudge each other and go "look at that... an Airstream.... at his age!"

But don't worry, it will blow over.

Then you won't hear it again for another 70 years.

Living in the trailer park of sense, looking out the window at a tornado of stupidity.
Ganaraska is offline   Reply With Quote