Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Dillon , Montana
Advice Appreciated....

Currently looking at a '98 Cutter 34' that is fully loaded and has 28K miles. Pics indicate the coach is excellent++. The asking price seems to be right. Also looking at a '96 Land Yacht 30' with 29K miles. The Land Yacht appeals to me because it reminds me of my Airstream trailers. The Cutter seems to be more deluxe and is $6k cheaper. Looking for inputs on performance: is the gas engine horse enough for the Cutter. How about gas mileage? Does the tag axle make the Cutter stable enough in the wind and on rolling pavement. Will it tow my Jeep in the mountain states? I guess I have similar questions about the Land Yacht, but I would expect the handling and performance to be better. Anyway, it's a long way for me to go to drive either one of these units, so any background information you can give me is GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks! Jim
seeleylaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
It's a buyers market out there. I wouldn't feel preasured to jump on anything. Saw this sales pitch the other day just for reference. I really don't know anything about the Land Yacht but after driving a 36 footer, 30 sounds pretty nice if it has enough room. Especially if you are going tow a vehicle. I prefer a diesel pusher. Go drive some.

[[/youtube]
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote