Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-27-2004, 07:29 AM   #1

Adding seat belts and dinette bed

Looked at a great 360 but it does not have enough belts for our kids. Couch and dinette do not have belts. My understanding is that this can be done relatively easily. I live in Ohio - should I go through factory? - or elsewhere. How much to budget? Also this extremly clean coach has the dinette with rounded leather drawers beneath seats. I am confused as the coach lists sleeping for 6 - but I could not figure out dinette to bed conversion. Really looks like it does not convert. Would I need to do something custom? Again - this is a deal breaker for us unless I can have a solution before purchase. Thank you in advance.
Ellwallhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:44 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Ellwallhome:

Are you sure seat belts are not already installed?

I would suspect that all of the newer (post early 80's) MoHo's would have the belts installed.

I had to actually remove the wood under the Dinette's seat (about two dozen screws in each seat) to get to the belts - same with the couch - had to remove the couch to retrieve the belts. My '87 had belts on the two swivel chairs, so I would think that anything newer would also have belts at each seat position.

Use a strong flashlight and really get close - you might be able to determine if the belts are there by looking at the storage bins under the seats.

Please keep the Forum posted on your search.

Luck.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 08:57 AM   #3
RivetAddict

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
My bet is that there are three belts on [under] the couch and two in the dinette. Many times if the coach was previously owned by an older couple the belts fall down behind the couch or under the dinette becuase they are never used or needed when in underway.

Our 345 was the same as 87MH. We have three kids and were pleased to "dig up" the belts. With the barrel chairs we have seating for 7 in the coach plus 2 up front. You should be the same. The table should fold down and sit in between the two seats...then the dinette back cushions should slide down covering the entire "bed". The curved part should not make a difference.

If there are no belts: it's a pretty easy installation. Any RV dealership could do it for you. Your surrounded by a number of good RV dealerships but and not too far from either the AS factory or Paul Sherry RV's (large AS dealership near Dayton).

BTW - the 360 is my dream coach. Let us know how it turns out.
swebster is offline   Reply With Quote