Old 11-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #29
Rivet Master
1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
I ship A LOT. I send out 900lbs worth of equipment sometimes daily. The value of the shipment around $40,000.

I have literally watched the UPS drivers ROLL boxes marked "Delicate electronics" off the truck onto the doc. The boxes were so beat up only the tape was holding them together. Only $8000 piece of equipment in it that was totaled. I told the company sending it to NEVER ship my equipment UPS ever again. They didn't listen and lost over $100,000 worth of business from me in the last 6 months from that and a long turn around. I feel that strongly about how bad UPS treats packages. We are self insured because of how expensive the stuff is that I deal with. We cant even get insurance at a reasonable cost through UPS. When its destroyed we just have to eat it.

I long ago stopped using UPS because of the rampant theft of product coming through the Atlanta Hub and how the packages were destroyed. My company actually had policy for a while not to use them because of the problem.

Fedex is better but when ever possible I ship freight. I vary rarely have damaged large packages that are moved with a forklift. Cost more but when I am shipping 10 $4000 parts at a time its worth it.

1959 22' Caravanner
1988 R20 454 Suburban.
Atlanta, GA
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #30
Rivet Master
1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
My sister ordered an item from a well known company and when it did not arrive within a reasonable time she contacted them. They said it was sent UPS. She contacted UPS and found that it had been delivered but not to her address on the package. Documentation showed that the driver wrote down it was delivered to a different address which turned out to be a vacant lot. Hmmmmm.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:39 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member
2002 22' International CCD
San Luis Obispo , California
Interesting comments regarding UPS. We have had two packages delivered by UPS to the wrong addresses recently. UPS was NOT very helpful and I wound up tracking down (with a little common sense) both packages by myself. Ugh!
2002 22' CCD
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi
wbrownrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:10 PM   #32
Rivet Master
1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Richard, that is a very sad story I do feel bad for you.
Windows, windows, windows, I am becoming obsessed by the very sound of that word. Those who have not read my post on Side and Fixed Windoow Re-pair, I am tempting to assemble all the parts that go with the side slider and fixed windows. I decided to take on the window locks while I was at it. What we have is a poorly designed lock which I doubt operated smoothly even when it was new. I personally use wooden dowels cut to length. However, soon my windows will have all new parts and no air leaks. I want new locks. I have been searching the net and have made some inquiries on different locks that we may be able to use.
Chaplain Kent
1994 30' Excella 1000, Chummy III- Ford Excursion- 7.3 Turbo-diesel
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:19 PM   #33
Rivet Master
This is an old thread.
I had about forgotten about this event.

I do have if anyone needs the 2 fixed pieces of glass for the front drivers and passengers windows of an Airstream motorhome.
As you can read above - I do not have any sliding glass.
Fortunatly my motorhome has good glass. (Knock wood)
RichardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:31 AM   #34

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Originally Posted by Mikeinmiami
By any Chance, was your Package labeled as Perishable Medicine? I'm surprised the Pharmacy shipped insulin un-refrigerated in the firt place as it could have been subjected(enroute) to heat rendering the Insulin in-effective.In all brochures/pharmacology books with/on this Medicine, they recommed it always be refrigerated.I see this daily in my work as a Nurse.
Nope it was labeled as such, packed in a cold pack box, Styrofoam insides 4 cold packs inside. Delivery was scheduled overnight. We have gotten them before and the cold packs in all cases are still frozen. The pharmacy does a good job in protecting the insulin and paying for overnight delivery. I'm just shocked at the FedEx attitude that getting a signer is their only responsibility. Especially when they get a guy on a fork lift to take a package. Unbelievable in my estimation.

I just hope that the fool who took this stuff doesn't try injecting it. He won't be driving that fork lift for long.

Jack Canavera
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:36 AM   #35
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Originally Posted by jcanavera
I just hope that the fool who took this stuff doesn't try injecting it. He won't be driving that fork lift for long.

Jack, maybe that's why no one has seen the guy since...
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #36
Rivet Master
2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
About two months ago UPS dropped $22,575 worth of semi-automatic pistols outside on the loading dock of my department because somebody (not my employee), who happened to be on thier way out the door on their way to lunch, signed for it. Fortunately, per manufacturers policy, the boxes were nondescript, and only contained the initials of the company on the return address label. When I got the message that there was two boxes on the loading dock addressed to me, I was as far away from my office as possible and still be in-state. I knew what they were and, needless to say, it was a tense 30 minutes before I could find someone to get them in a secure location.
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #37
Site Team
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
If you submit a claim....

A few years ago we submitted a claim for a UPS package we never recieved (they said they left it by the front door). The package was replaced, but for the next year they would not leave anything with out getting a signature. This meant a trip to downtown Phoenix everytime someone sent something UPS, what a pain in the rear!

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote