Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

'82 310 shower curtain?

Can anyone tell me what the original shower curtain looks like in a 82 310. The one that was there is a household shower curtain on a rod. We knew that someting went there, but what? We did discover in one of the cabinets last night some curtain track and we think it goes inside on the ceiling of the shower. All the rivet holes matched up. It looks like the same track that is used for the drapes.

Thanks for your help.
Joy
Alumi-Naught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
1965 20' Globetrotter
Stephenville , Texas
Joy and Mark:

I've taken down what I believe is the original shower curtain from our '82 310 (Seymour). It was hanging from a track and had the plastic clips just like the drapes. I haven't replaced it yet but I think what I will do is to purchase a shower curtain and sew the plastic clips on it and probably cut it in half vertically.

I think I can find the old one and take a picture of it if you need me to.

Marque
Jimarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Thanks Jimmy & Marque,

I would'nt trouble you to take a picture, but could you tell me what it looked like and what it was made of? Even though we will be replacing all the fabric in Sammie we wanted to keep it looking like it came from the factory like years ago. I'd like to try and make one like the original.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Iowa City , Iowa
I will take a photo...

as soon as we can get out to Ernestine. (Having some serious ice right now and can't get out of the driveway to go where she is stored.) If you can wait, it will be no trouble. We are planning to go out to do a little work as soon as we can. I remember buying a nylon fabric type shower curtain replacement at Target that does a great job. It is lighter than the original and more resistent to mildew. Can't remember exactly how the track worked, but I believe there were clips that ran in the track. I do remember that there were velcro tabs on the original that kept it from billowing out of the stall. I left the ones on the wall in place and sewed the mating velcro to the new curtain.

This spring, I will be using Krylon to refurbish the ABS stall that has yellowed over time. I already did the base for the Thetford replacement and it looks like new!

Auretrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:07 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

82 310 shower curtain

Thanks Auretrvr we recieved a photo from Jimarq and think we have the curtain figured out. Good tip on the Krylon, we may try that.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #6
Liberator

1972 Argosy 24
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Heart of Dixie , Alabama
That gives me an idea...
How about using 'Sunbrella' to make a mildew proof curtain...could match awnings too!
klattu is offline   Reply With Quote