Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2003, 12:07 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Question 1986 AS 345 Mh

Hello fellow Airstreamers!! I am new to this forum and find it to be a very informative site with great folks. I have just purchased a 1986 Airstream 345 motorhome and have a few minor items that y'all may be able to help with.
Is there an electrical schematic available that shows the AC and the DC layout of the receptacles, lighting, etc. that are on each circuit? I had a 1970 Aorstream International that had this in it's manual.
The RCA 9" television that originally came with the motorhome is missing the AC/DC power cord(s) and I have not had any luck finding replacements. I have checked with Parts Solver, RCA, locals, etc. Would anyone know of a source for these?
The cabinets/drawers in different locations have plastic catches with the female part having approx. a 3/8" opening to receive the male portion that will keep it closed. Are these availabe as replacements from some source?
Did the shower come with a shower curtain or a gi-fold door? Mine has a bi-fold door that may have been installed by a previous owner and it is missing rollers on top to guide door.
I am sure as I dig deeper and use the motorhome more, I will have many more questions/problems but I'm looking forward to enjoying my motorhome. I have been reading this forum and have found very usable information with very knowledgable folks willing to help in any way they can. Looking forward to any help that anyone may be able to give me on these few items. Thanks,
Jim
Jim Tyrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 06:28 AM   #2
RivetAddict

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
Welcome fellow 345'er

Jim,
Congradulations on your new rig. I have the same year and model. Based on your to do list it sounds like you have yourself a real peach. Post some photos when you get the chance.

Mine did not come with its coach manual either but I believe this manual is still available. Not sure of the phone number but if you search the forum for "Secretarial Services" you'll find many references about how to purchase manuals.

On the TV...I would check with Radio Shack. I'll look at mine and see if I can get the info from the adapter for you.

The shower came with the gold folding doors. I've replaced mine with a shower curtain but still have the old doors with the rollers. Its your for the taking if you like. Just send me a PM.

If yours is like mine (and most) you'll be certain to find more things to do (especially below the coach). I've relied heavily on the forum for technical advice and know how along with the moral support to tackle almost everything myself.

Good luck with your new ride and welcome!
swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 04:24 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
TV - My RCA tv just died. I was debating having it fixed - if possible. I do have the cord. No TV's fit in the 11"(h) x 12"(w) opening. They make a few flat panel TV's that might fit and the prices are coming down.

I have the service manual (1984) that includes electrical diagrams.
Let me know what your looking for and I'll look for the page. I may have to fax it to you since my PC and scanner is disconnected due to a move.

I went the shower curtain route.

The brown male-female locks are still available from RV dealers. It's a generic stock item. I went the route of strong magnetic locks and have been very happy! I now don't lock the pull up behind the dinette since the two magnetics hold it tightly in place.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 06:15 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Thanks for the replies to the items in my post and as I have found out, this site has very helpful individuals willing to help in anyway they can.
Still trying to find my way around on this forum on how to reply, send, view, etc. but I'm learning. Hope to hear from others as they can and will continue to visit the forum for ideas and help. Thanks,
Jim
Jim Tyrney is offline   Reply With Quote