Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 1961 - 1963 Bambi
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Huntersville , North Carolina
Heads Up- Craigslist Bambi Scam

You guys know of similar scams and my mother was almost caught with this one today. 1961 Bambi for ~$2,500 posted on Craigslist. Photos provided evidenced excellent condition. Of course, it was too good to be true. See the email the "seller" sent to my mother requesting an urgent response:

" I'll have to tell from the beginning that the reason for this urgent sale and for this reasonable price is that I am a military medic and I have been deployed to FSH w/ DCDD army base in San Antonio, TX where I am right now and where we are doing a special training because we will be deployed to Afghanistan on 21th of November so I am trying to sell the car before then. The car is already sealed and ready for the shipping in San Antonio and I will have to use an escrow company to complete this transaction. They will help me deliver the car to buyer's address. They will put the car to one of their trailers which will head your area and they will deliver the car to your address. For this transaction I decided to use Google Wallet as a third party to handle the transaction for me because I don't have time to handle it personally . My presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with Google Wallet. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 3 days. You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the car prior to decide if you want to complete the purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense and Google Wallet will totally refund you. Along with the car you will receive all necessary papers to register it into your name including the free clear title which is already back signed by me and notarized for the transfer .If you are interested in knowing more info about how it works, I can ask Google Wallet to send you an email with more information on how to purchase it. Google Wallet will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete this deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. If you would like to receive the email from Google will all the transaction information please reply with your full name, and address plus ph# and they will contact you right away. Receiving the invoice from Google Wallet places you under no obligation to purchase the car if you don't agree their terms but they will explain you the entire process better. "

Seller's email is danybrook23@gmail.com
drt2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Idiot could of at least changed the "car" part to "trailer". Good heads up. Thank you.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #3

Lodi , California
I sent a message to Fort Sam Houston PIO office...pretending to be a member of the military is a federal offense.
Cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote