Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member
1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
16 3T 234 Bambi found...

Well, after two years of admiring this trailer, I stopped to check it out again today. It is parked behind an apartment house in a quaint college town. I talked to the sister of one of the tenants who gave me the owner's info.

I see from the VIN it is a '63. It is battered and bruised. The entire exterior rear end cap is dented badly. All seven panels! The interior is about 1/2 there- side sofa is gone and the flooring is broken tile and shredded newspaper. Kitchen, bathroom, and cabinets are present. One jalousie glass pane is missing from the door window, rear window is cracked open, and the floor is pretty much nonexistent inside the main door. Algae is growing inside the jalousie and inside the trailer as well!

Anyway- I took some photos which I will upload soon and also the owner's name. He is taking offers above $5000. Hmmmmm.

I think I am glad I got my much better but still rough '64 Bambi II! I think I will still call the owner to get the details on it and its sad life.

There is also an early 1960's single axle Avion trailer within blocks of this Bambi. People in this town must have great taste in trailers!!
"The difference between vintage and retro is that vintage is honestly old and cool. Retro tries to be but isn't."
PA BAMBI II is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search