I recently resealed all of the windows and door in my International. My best results:
1) Clean gasket area window frame down to bare aluminum. Finish with 00 steel wool.
2) Cut the gasket about 1 inch longer than needed.
3) Study the gasket to insure that when the gasket base is installed, the 2 (flares)
lean away from the glass.
4) Using my finger, I put a thin, but uniform film of 3M adhesive on the gasket
base, and set it aside.
5) Now using the same technique, put a thin film of adhesive on the frame where the
gasket base goes. Avoid getting adhesive on the frame portion that
is perpendicular to the glass.
5A) Check all surfaces for proper adhesive coverage.
6) Start at the bottom center of the frame and apply the seal.
7) When the seal is wrapped all around, overlap the 2 ends.
8) Take a new razor and make a neat cut in the middle of the overlap
9) Remove the overlaps, glue the ends together, and close the window against
the female portion of the window that you had previously covered with wax paper
or polyethylene film, or silicone.
Hope this helps,