Old 09-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
76 Silver Argosy

1975 26' Argosy 26
Fallbrook , Southern California
Send a message via Yahoo to abridges01
Wind shield wipers on '75 Argosy

Hi folks:

Another in a (soon to be long) series of dumb questions I'm afraid, but I was working on my 'new 1975 Argosy 26' and found only the drivers side wiper worked... or so I thought. Turns out that the passenger side wiper is connected to the washer switch and there does not appear to be any washer pump connection at all!

Does any one have a simple circuit diagram of how they are supposed to be connected that they can scan and post or send me?

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew

Old 09-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by abridges01
Hi folks:

Another in a (soon to be long) series of dumb questions I'm afraid, but I was working on my 'new 1975 Argosy 26' and found only the drivers side wiper worked... or so I thought. Turns out that the passenger side wiper is connected to the washer switch and there does not appear to be any washer pump connection at all!

Does any one have a simple circuit diagram of how they are supposed to be connected that they can scan and post or send me?

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew
Andrew,

Welcome to the Forum! I'm sorry I can't help you with your connections, but I'm certain someone will get you the help you need. My unit is considerably different in age than yours, and I don't have a "simple circuit diagram of how they are supposed to be connected..." even for my unit . No surprise, there are lots of things on these MoHos that don't have proper manual info , but that's where the Forum comes in so well.

I know this isn't much help, but I am certain someone has been through this, and will post how to deal with your problem.

By the way, your profile looks about as "exciting" as mine , but there's nothing wrong with those values reflected in your info. Just a few years ago, my profile looked just like yours. Great looking family you have!

Best,

AIR # 5648
noiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Andrew, don't you just love it when folks do things like that? If you can verify that the wiper works ... on the existing circuit. Then figure out the connection to the drivers side and run parallel to the curb side wiper..?
If all else fails then rainex is a great product.... I mean you're not going to be looking out that window much, are you?
FYI replacement wiper systems can be had at www.millsupply.com in their stepvan catalog. Lots of cheap P30 parts too. Take a look.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenCoombe
Andrew, don't you just love it when folks do things like that? If you can verify that the wiper works ... on the existing circuit. Then figure out the connection to the drivers side and run parallel to the curb side wiper..?
If all else fails then rainex is a great product.... I mean you're not going to be looking out that window much, are you?
FYI replacement wiper systems can be had at www.millsupply.com in their stepvan catalog. Lots of cheap P30 parts too. Take a look.
Andrew,

I can vouch for Glen's expertise in this stuff. He's helped me with loads of weird things - even how to upload pictures .
AIR # 5648
Old 09-08-2006, 11:28 AM   #5
76 Silver Argosy

1975 26' Argosy 26
Fallbrook , Southern California
Send a message via Yahoo to abridges01
You guys ROCK!

Thanks a load,

Andrew
Old 09-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by abridges01
You guys ROCK!

Thanks a load,

Andrew
Andrew,

Glad you're getting some help. Watch out for Glen . He posts mostly to run up his numbers to get more rivets beside his name . Just kidding, of course. Keep us posted on how this goes.

Best,
AIR # 5648
Old 09-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Here are some P30 diagrams that may help ...

Here is a link to some P30 diagrams (on my web site) that came with our '75 26 footer. Just go to http://www.originalhayseed.com/1975Argosy/diagrams/ and click on each of the .jpg files there. They are VERY high resolution pictures of the diagrams. Just 'click' on them to enlarge or right click to do a 'save as ...' to your PC.
... enjoy
Old 09-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1982 28' Airstream 280
Norfolk , Virginia
Glen,

You advised Andrew to check out millsupply for wiper parts, so I thought I might give it a look as well. Then I discovered that there were so many different wiper parts makers. Boyertown, Grumman, Supreme, etc. Do you know which were put on our Classics? Or was it one of those which ever the factory that could get the cheapest part that particular production day?

Itn't it conforting to know that our vehicles were built with the parts supplied by the lowest bidder?

Steve
Old 09-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Steve, sorry to say, "I've no clue" The limited production numbers of moho's has always ment trouble for parts. The good news is that you can build a new "system" from available parts if need be.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1982 28' Airstream 280
Norfolk , Virginia
Glen,

My MoHo does not have intermittent wipers, and I was wondering if what millsupply was offering would work. Then again at the kind of money they wanted, maybe not.

Is there something I could rig up that would work. I seem to remember when they first came out, someone had a switch that would break into the "park" wire and I as able to convert my 73 pu's wipers into intermittent. I also remember it not lasting but for two years or so.

Perhaps there is something I could use from a salvage yard. Any thoughts anyone?

Steve

ps I have rivet envy too!