Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2006, 05:28 AM   #101
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Kent, the finnished job will be hidden but you'll know it's done right. A friend of mine is a former Sprint phone guy. He does telecom interconnect work now. His wire work is the first thing you notice when you walk into a phone/computer room. Rather than a snakes nest of wire and zip ties his work is all routed and organized to the inth degree. I'm certain yours will echo his attention to detail. Good luck in your search for the correct finishing touches.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #102
2 Rivet Member

1982 28' Airstream 280
Buena Park , California
I was and am (need to put the newly learned knowledge to use) the same problems as CK. Reading all pages was like looking in a mirror. I thought I was crazy and it was nice to know I wasnt alone. But I think my problem will be the fusible links as I have them in my 82 diesel. Thanks for posting about your prior struggle.
kennytheecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:02 AM   #103
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
I am surprised that someone posted to this old thread and was more surprised that I was still subscribed to it. If you have blown a fusible link there is a reason and you best track it down. My guess would be your voltage regulator. Change it quickly. You have an undersized regulator and most likely, like me have added many electrical goodies to your coach. This is an in expensive, under $100.00 fix and will save you $1000s later on. I know. Good luck to you.